HAVING A GRAND OLD TIME! The 2013 Grand Floridian Resort & Villas FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Mickeynut was almost gonna type Mickey D darn McDonalds commercials.......Everything is fab here. How is everything in your part of the country...You're Welcome. So am I, wonder what the rest of the room will look like after the refurb

Lol on almost typing McD's. Glad things are good with you :)......things here are good as well. I am very excited to see the rooms after the refurb. We are booked at the Grand in March and although I'm not sure if any rooms will be done by then, it will still be great to be back ::yes::.

Not sure if this is best place, but I am gonna ask anyway. We are 39 days from our stay at GF. 4th trip for me, but 1st at GF. This is our "once in a lifetime" trip. 3 daughters, so everything is expensive. Hence this being a once in a lifetime trip. My question is: I now have the ability to add room requests to my online check-in. What are the best options? I have booked only the standard room. Is there a better outer building? Is it better to have a higher or lower floor?

We had a GV in Big Pine Key and loved it. It's convenient to the courtyard pool, the main building, and Gasparillas (and it's not far from the main pool). I don't think there are any "bad" rooms or views at the Grand, some may be " less desirable", but I don't think any are bad. With that said, higher floors in BPK are a little better as far as view as some lower rooms will have a view of the back of the pool building. Boca Chica is also a great building as its located right next to BPK and and the courtyard pool :).

I sure hope we can visit inside the building when we are there soon.

I hope you can too :goodvibes. Your trip is almost here :yay:.

We are now just 59 days out from our "Grand" Christmas and I can't wait. :cool1::cool1::cool1: Those pictures of the VGF are absolutely fabulous. I am hoping we get over to at least peek at them when we are there. The picture are really getting me excited!!!! I hope everyone is having a magical day! pixiedust:

Disney at Christmas is amazing as is the Grand during the holidays :santa:. You're going to have a great time :wizard:.

I have a question..are their ceiling fans in the room? I need air "moving" or at least the noise from a fan.

We were in a hotel last weekend without one and it was creepy to me...lol

Yes there are ceiling fans in the rooms :).

Hi GF pals...

Just a drive by to say Hi! Didnt get to pop in yesterday to say Bye! Lol..

Not so easy posting from my phone...lol..

MickeyNut Grannieminnie & k&a&csmom..thanks for the well wishes...:goodvibes

Quick report...the beds now have a blanket..between 2 sheets..no duvet!?? Colors are white with a dark blue scarf at the foot of the bed...

The VGF grounds are beautiful...didnt see any rooms there yet...but will be...

The weather is lovely. .and not to sound too corny..having a GRAND time!!

Will tty all next week....lots of new and fun stuff to share!

Thanks for the update, glad to know the bed scarf is blue and not black, at least.:teeth: Enjoy your vacation.pixiedust:

Not sure if this is best place, but I am gonna ask anyway. We are 39 days from our stay at GF. 4th trip for me, but 1st at GF. This is our "once in a lifetime" trip. 3 daughters, so everything is expensive. Hence this being a once in a lifetime trip. My question is: I now have the ability to add room requests to my online check-in. What are the best options? I have booked only the standard room. Is there a better outer building? Is it better to have a higher or lower floor?

As others have said, there really aren't any bad locations at the Grand. Which building you request really depends on what you prefer. Do you want to be near the Beach Pool and close to the back entrance to Main Bldg.? Ask for Big Pine Key. If you would like a beautiful view of the entire courtyard, including the Main Bldg. and close to the courtyard pool and boat dock - Boca Chica is a good choice.

Conch Key is in a good overall location, near the courtyard pool and boat dock, and close to the marina and Gasparilla's out the back door. Sago Cay is furthest from the pools, but close to Gasparilla's and the back path to the bus stop - and many love it for its quiet location.:thumbsup2

Higher or lower floor, too, is pretty much personal choice. Lower floors are quicker to get to, but I prefer an upper floor for the overall view.

HTH!:sunny:

We are now just 59 days out from our "Grand" Christmas and I can't wait. :cool1::cool1::cool1: Those pictures of the VGF are absolutely fabulous. I am hoping we get over to at least peek at them when we are there. The picture are really getting me excited!!!! I hope everyone is having a magical day! pixiedust:

Close!:cool1::cool1:

I'm loving the pictures too but I know we'll never be able to afford that Grand Villa unless I win the lottery!! pixiedust:

I was just thinking the same thing.:laughing:

I have a question..are their ceiling fans in the room? I need air "moving" or at least the noise from a fan.

We were in a hotel last weekend without one and it was creepy to me...lol

As others have said, there is a ceiling fan in the room. It doesn't make much noise, though, but I think you can request a box fan from housekeeping if you find you need it.

So I'm a little confused (it doesn't take much :rotfl:) do all the rooms now have the new linen on the beds? My husband will be very happy ....but I don't think my daughter will be.

So I'm a little confused (it doesn't take much :rotfl:) do all the rooms now have the new linen on the beds? My husband will be very happy ....but I don't think my daughter will be.

LOL - pretty easy to get confused lately, with all the changes.:goodvibes I think it is unclear if all the rooms now have the triple sheeting with no spread or duvet. Sounds like maybe so, with several guests posting their rooms have it. I guess we'll see in the coming weeks, if more people report or if someone asks while they are at the resort.:flower3:

I'm not a fan. I thought my least desired option was the white duvet, lol, but I'm proved wrong once again!:rotfl:

Ok we have been lucky enough to be making our fifth trip in December you can. Always ask for a theme park view. Higher up is nicer better view. We always at sago cay quiet. My hubby likes conch key and watch the boat docks. We also have a theme park view room and it is the bomb!!! Ask for theme park then ask for third floor to watch if no theme park ask for outer building with lagoon view. It is truly amazing place. Enjoy

Lol. We say the same thing and we still only play when it gets really big!

Us, too, and we usually end up forgetting even then.:laughing: My MIL just said to DH she would remodel her house if she won - he asked if she had every played in her life, and she said, "well...no." HAHAHA!

LOL I hear ya! Maybe I should start playing the lottery . . . ;)

I've thought about it, but never have.......but I always tell myself that SOMEBODY has to win and I have no chance if I don't play....but that still doesn't get me to do it :rotfl::rotfl:.

"you can't win if you don't play..." ;) (that's an oft-quoted phrase in my family! lol)

Very true :).

Us, too, and we usually end up forgetting even then.:laughing: My MIL just said to DH she would remodel her house if she won - he asked if she had every played in her life, and she said, "well...no." HAHAHA!

That's too funny :laughing:.......maybe she knows something you don't as far as having a chance to win without playing :rotfl2:.

I'm excited to say that we're now in single digits!! :cool1: :cheer2: :dance3:

Giddy-up!!!! I am sure it is getting hard to concentrate on anything in "real life" right now because all you can think of is packing, airports, ADRs, ......and FLYING DOWN SPLASH MOUNTAIN.....and ducking to try and stay dry :yay:

2 week mark for me:banana:

MBs for our January trip showed up yesterday. We are doing a split stay and I got MBs for all of my ressies. I now have 5 colors. Not sure why they are doing that:confused3

For November I got fp+ first, then the MB's showed up later. This time the MB's first and I am waiting for the FP+. :surfweb: I check daily because there does not seem to be any rhyme or reason for this rollout.:dance3:

Hopefully Blue is having a magicial trip:cloud9:

Can't wait for details.

:cool1::cool1:

:dance3::yay::cool1:

Oh, and Mickeynut -- I caved, and turned on the heat this morning...:rolleyes:

Too funny! I am a wimp. We turned on the heat over a week ago.

I'm the wimp! I am south of you both, I think I've had warmer temps and we've had heat on at night for a couple weeks now.:teeth:

Giddy-up!!!! I am sure it is getting hard to concentrate on anything in "real life" right now because all you can think of is packing, airports, ADRs, ......and FLYING DOWN SPLASH MOUNTAIN.....and ducking to try and stay dry :yay:

Splash Mountain - sigh. One of our favorites.

2 week mark for me:banana:

MBs for our January trip showed up yesterday. We are doing a split stay and I got MBs for all of my ressies. I now have 5 colors. Not sure why they are doing that:confused3

For November I got fp+ first, then the MB's showed up later. This time the MB's first and I am waiting for the FP+. :surfweb: I check daily because there does not seem to be any rhyme or reason for this rollout.:dance3:

Can't wait for details.

Me, too!:goodvibes

Good luck with your FP+ lurking! Sounds a little confusing.

HAHAHA - if so, she's not sharing with her nearest and dearest.;)

Lol.....she better start sharing her secret ;).

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Oh, and Mickeynut -- I caved, and turned on the heat this morning...:rolleyes:

It's depressing that it's that time already again :(.

Too funny! I am a wimp. We turned on the heat over a week ago.

Our's has been off and on for about 2 weeks :sad2:.

She's having a great time :goodvibes.

I'm the wimp! I am south of you both, I think I've had warmer temps and we've had heat on at night for a couple weeks now.:teeth:

I prolong it because I don't want to admit winter is coming :laughing:.

Lol.....she better start sharing her secret ;).

:laughing:

I prolong it because I don't want to admit winter is coming :laughing:.

I don't blame you.;)

We leave in 2 weeks also.
And I like the triple sheeting and hope I get a room with it.

Only two weeks, woohoo!!:dance3: I hope you get a room with the new look, too; sounds like maybe all rooms have it, so it's quite likely.:flower3:

Just to remind everyone - the Grand has always had triple sheeting, the difference now is that there is no longer a spread or duvet on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter