Have your impressions about a resort been wrong?

I didn't think I would really like the AKL at all. I decided to stay there because the friend I was going with is an animal lover. Well, the AKL completely won me over! The lobby is just incredible, and the smells of the delicious food wafting up to the lobby are so enticing. Plus, there is just something so amazing about waking up and watching animals on your balcony (even to a person who is not a major animal lover). AKL is now one of my favorite resorts.

Another example is the Beach Club. I had stayed at the YC previously and had loved it, so I thought the BC would be nearly identical. There wasn't anything horrible about our stay at the BC, but I was surprised at how much I actually prefer the YC. I'm not sure what it is exactly--just personal preference I guess. :)

We all thought we would love CSR, but the magic just wasn't there. Now I am in search of where to stay next...I am hoping we pick the right hotel for us.

In 2002 we stayed at the Poly. We loved it. This year 2004 we went to BC. Well we saved for a year. Did Land/Sea. We were very disappointed. Not what I expected thought for the extra money it would WOW us but it didn't . We still had a great trip. But wished we would have stayed at the Poly. Here is a funny story. My DH has gone all 3 times we have been to Disney. Well he complains a lot but always has a great time. Well I figured this year would be it. We did Land/Sea in May. So I fugured we have done all of Disney and we wouldn't come back for at least 5 years. But we went to WL for dinner at Whispering Canyon. We got there early and they were running late so we walked around the resort. It was beautifull by the way. Then we were in the gift shop and he says to me. " The next time we come" I want to stay here I love this place. I didn't know wether to hit him or kiss him. He gave me a lot of grief about coming this year. I think he wanted to relax on the beach. So I said OK in 2 years we stay here and left it at that. I didn't want him to change his mind. We will go to the beach 2005. So 2006 we are doing 4 days WL and 6 days Poly. This will the best of both worlds. I can hardly wait. Brenda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter