Have you thought about moving

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
to another state in the next few years ? if so where ?

I thought about it a lot, looking at South Carolina ( warm and reasonable prices), also thinking about Arizona, California and Pennsylvania, but Im open to almost any state, but im ready for a change

Just did about 6 mos ago. As soon as my DH hit his 20yrs and qualified for his pension, he got a new job. We moved from Houston to rural New Mexico.

I thought seriously about it 2 years ago. I was thinking North Carolina, right at the SOuth Carolina border..but family convinced me to stay. I just moved (this week) about 30 minutes away from my hometown. But 30 minutes in my State is a big deal.

We have thought about Idaho or North Dakota. I have had nightmares about moing to Wisconsin. :scared1:

We did it 4 years ago from MI to TX. Our original plan was to give it 5 years, so this would be the time where we'd start thinking about moving back. But MI's economy and job market are still in the tank, so we're stuck here, I guess. We moved because we needed a change and it's been better for us here, but if we won the lotto, I'd move back to MI in a heartbeat. :)

Not a day goes by between Nov and March that I don't think about moving. I've been here over 18 years (Utah) and the winters are painful. I'd love Arizona or to go back to So Cal. :cloud9:

We moved from MA to NH a fes months ago & I'm very happy. The change has been great. My kids are growing up & moving out for college, & our house was too big. The thought of leaving the home I shared with my late DH was difficult but ii'm glad I did it.

We are in South Carolina (Columbia) now. DH will soon retire from the military and we are going to move wherever he gets a job. We have lived in Phoenix, Arizona and wouldn't want to settle there due to the blazing heat in the summertime. We are thinking about Texas or Florida because we have family there and there are jobs in DH's industry. If we were to stay in S.C. it would be in Greenville.

LOL, I didn't realize that you could actually drive 30 minutes in Rhode Island and still be in the state!

Florida. We purchased a second home there in 2010 and in a few years it will be our primary home. :cool1:

We did it 1 1/2 years ago.
Washington State to Arizona.....loving it. I don't miss the cold, damp winters at all.
Loving the mid 60s right now (soon to be back in the 70s).
Summers are very hot, but I can deal with that (and we still own our home in WA, so can go back anytime).

We're moving to NY in May. DH's time in the Army is up and we HATE it here in TX.

So back home to NY for him...It's a new state for me and the kids. I'm a born and raised Floridian. Next winter should be interesting! :laughing:

As the Maryland government is currently in a tax-raising frenzy we're seriously searching to move in the next 4-5 years once the youngest is out of college. West Virgnia, the parts closest to Pennsylvania, is a possibility, North/South Carolina. Anywhere the overall cost of living is lower. So we need to do some research. But generally staying on the east coast due to family.

My wife is a CRNA so she has opportunities for temp work all over the country. So we may do some hopping around the country for a couple of years before settling down.

We're moving to NY in May. DH's time in the Army is up and we HATE it here in TX.

So back home to NY for him...It's a new state for me and the kids. I'm a born and raised Floridian. Next winter should be interesting! :laughing:

Good luck with the taxes. It's going to be a huge difference from TX

As a Foreign Service wife, I've moved 28 times in 45 years, living in ten different countries. You'd think I'd want to park my bony butt somewhere permanently now that we're retired - but no, after eight years here in Florida, I'd love to live overseas again. Any of my former assignments except Turkey or Cot d'Ivoire would be fine. But health and financial circumstances won't permit a move.

Don't get me wrong, I like it here; the weather's great, our annuity covers our living expenses easily and our kids live three blocks away. But I miss our gypsy life.

Queen Colleen

Four more years and we're out of NJ, the state of highest property taxes in the nation. We're just waiting until DS is out of college and we'll sell the house and the business and retire. We'll both be old enough for medicare and won't have to worry as much about paying our own medical insurance.

I haven't the foggiest clue where we would go, my sisters live in NJ and DH's brother lives in Myrtle Beach.

Looking to move back to my home state of Michigan within the next year! The company dh and I work for is down sizing our current location in Ohio, so going to Michigan makes sense. I'm in the southern part of Ohio though so I am not quite ready for the snow and cold -- but I guess it beats what we get here, ICE! I hate driving when we get ice.

Seriously thinking about it but will remain on the east coast.....

We moved to Texas about 6 years ago. We had been living in Utah for a couple years and hated it. My husband came down to the Dallas area for a weekend and bought a house. We moved down here with no friends, no job and I'd never even been here. We chose Dallas because the economy was good, there were lots of computer jobs and housing was really inexpensive. My husband's dream was to work at Microsoft, and they have a big campus here. Anyway, we love it. It all worked out. We made friends, he got the job he wanted and I even convinced my sister to move to our town. It was scary, but I'm glad we took the chance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter