Have you thought about moving

We've been trying to move for the past 9 months. We need to sell our house to relocate for DW's job. As you may have heard, trying to sell a house right now is tough.
Tell me about it;) I'm in the worst housing market in the country:headache:, way upside down. We are pursing a short sale, ugh, the house goes on the market next weekend

We've thought about moving to Texas or Florida. We are leaning towards Florida. If we do, it won't be for 18 more months. If we don't move to another state, we will definitely be moving to another city about 30 minutes away.

DH came home just a few days ago and asked me how I'd feel about moving to Virginia. Virginia?!!!! Apparently his company has an opening in that state and they are looking internally.

Not only do we have a house that needs updating and repair before we could sell but I'm not sure about moving to an area that is more expensive. Plus I'd have to give up my job which would be paradise but I'd have to make up the income in some way.

It's nice to want a change but not always practical. I did suggest that he investigate and then we'd see.

DH came home just a few days ago and asked me how I'd feel about moving to Virginia. Virginia?!!!! Apparently his company has an opening in that state and they are looking internally.

Not only do we have a house that needs updating and repair before we could sell but I'm not sure about moving to an area that is more expensive. Plus I'd have to give up my job which would be paradise but I'd have to make up the income in some way.

It's nice to want a change but not always practical. I did suggest that he investigate and then we'd see.

Where in VA? That's where I'd love to go back too, or somewhere in that general vicinity. We're in the same boat though, our house needs a decent amount of repairs/updates before we could think about selling. *sigh*

We moved from NH to FL a couple years ago and I'm loving it! Although in the next week I may be deciding to live in Kuwait for a year due to my husbands job. Now that will be a culture shock!

OK, so last week we're in Home Depot buying a clothes dryer. I mentioned to the sales women that we were just getting something inexpensive because we want to move south in a couple of years. Her eyes lite right up. She tells us her and her husband want to do the same thing. We exchanged ideas for quite a while and wish each other good luck. Now today a client come in to where I work just to drop off a sample. She mentions that she'll be sell her home and moving to South Carolina. We talk for quite a while, saw pictures of her new home and now I have an invitation to stay with her and her husband when we explore the area for moving. Just wondering how many more people out there would love to move too.

We just moved from West Virginia to Oklahoma over the summer, hoping not to move in the near future but would eventually like to end up on the coast of North Carolina.

all day, every day. I turn 50 this summer..every year I make the same wish :rolleyes1
My advice to those thinking of getting married? Make sure your future spouse has a geographicaly flexible career.

Just did it, last November (NorCal to Seattle area). Extremely scary, extremely stressful... extremely rewarding. Very, very glad we made the leap!

I moved to Alaska from Oregon last August by ferry. Gave everything I had to DD19 except what would fit in my car and 4 boxes that I mailed up here. I considered eastern Oregon, Montana, Idaho and Alaska, and decided Alaska fit what I was looking for the most.

My "only one" is about to hear from more colleges :rolleyes1...
Given a great opportunity locally and tho that is very Enticing it would also "hold us here" which was not our actual plan....we'd like to keep more of our money (taxes have tripled since we moved in) all costs are so high here, have an even better quality of life and most of all, live a healthier simpler WARMER lifestyle...I/we are so Over the COLD weather....florida is the plan....dh family has already bought and others are following...my extended will be here (NY):guilty: but we intend to buy large so hopefully :lovestruc they will visit and we will prob still come up in summer sometimes to get that beach house we used to rent at the shore....
we are in wait mode....till May1st when all decisions will be finalized...

Nope. Not unless our kids move too. I would hate to move away from family. My family is the most important thing to me and I love being near them, and being able to see them often, camp together, take trips together, go to the grandkids' sports events, share the holidays together, etc. I would miss that so much if we moved to another state.

Now, when DH fully retires we'll probably spent winters in a warmer climate but still wouldn't move and live there full time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter