Have you ever run into people you know at WDW?

I have a bittersweet story about meeting someone I know in Disney. For 6 years my daughter has been dancing at the same dance school. Throughout those years I grew to know their office staff pretty well. The secretary, Sue, was just as sweet as can be and both of her children danced with my daughter. I was shopping in DTD at World of Disney store, when I hear my name called. To my surprise, it was Sue. She was shopping for souveniers. We both laughed so hard at running into each other. A year later, she was diagnosed with malignant melanoma and she passed away shortly after. She told me she wanted to go back to Disney with her kids before she died, but sadly, she never made it. So whenever I go to Disney, I always remember how blessed I am to be there. :sad1:

After graduating from college, I was down visiting my parents who live within an hour's drive. We went up for brunch at the Grand Floridian Cafe. One of my friends from college was there with her parents having breakfast too!!

We ran into one of my son's Hockey Team mates in DTD one trip. Then passing by Casey's Corner at MK we ran into our neighbors and that same day a kid from my son's class at school. :teacher: Also on a different trip we ran into a friend we had lost touch with over the years.
We live in Dallas and I always seem to run into my aunts and uncles at airports in different states; Memphis, Las Vegas, it's really funny.

We have been going down to Disney the last two weeks of August for the past few years, (FD incentive!). Well, we were not alone, everytrip I ran into people from school, it was amazing!

Slightly OT: It was so bizarre because no one ever mentions Disney in my area, but on Friday I heard it mentioned 15 times (randomly)! Examples: "it's fun to go there, but not as fun as Disney" "the only thing that does well in this economy is Disney" "I have a Disney song stuck in my head" "dude, remember that pair of ears I got at Disney?"

Back to your regularly scheduled thread ;D

Yes, every trip! But, we have never run into people who we knew were going to be there!

We have seen people from ds baseball team at Epcot.

Ran into another baseball player and his dad getting fast passes from Exhibition Everst.

Met a college friend of my cousins running the Tom Sawyer ride last year. Made her pose for a pic with me so I could send to my cousind. DS11 about died that I was doing that!

Last year, we were waiting for our final monorail of the trip and were sad that we hadn't run into anybody we knew except meeting cousin's classmate. Lo and behold - the monorail pulls in, ds spots someone in the train and said that someone was wearing a baseball hat from another local baseball team. DH says "no it isn't" because he was looking at someone else. I said these people must know us because they are waving at us! Doors open and it was ds basketball coach from the YMCA and his family!

Lori

I saw a former student and a future student wandering the World Showcase last September. They were skipping school (college and jr. high) just like I was! :banana:

I met the family of former students from my school at Epcot during our Christmas week trip in 2007. I then saw the dad at the food/shopping area of the airport and then they were at the gate and taking the same flight home!

My hussband and I used to work at the same restaurant and knew our regular customers. One evening we sat down at a table in CBR food court. We look at the table next to us and there sat a guy who came in every day to the restaurant. We said hi and asked how each others trips were going. It turned out that they were preparing to leave that night and we had just checked in that morning. I thought out of all the places to run into someone.
Especially since we are from a small town in Ohio.

We ran into the guy who rebuilt our chimney one day on the plane down there. (It was old and had chipped away.) We had a great talk and it helped shorten the airplane ride down there!:cool1:

Last year we went to WDW over Columbus Day Weekend. We had taken the kids out school a day early - didn't send notes to the school or anything, just did it. Then that Saturday, we were walking into World Showcase at Epcot and our high school principal was sitting on a bench! It was like he was waiting for us! I went up to him and said "Well you caught us, we skipped to come down here!" Funny thing was - he did too! His family also skipped school on Thursday to get an extra day on the long weekend.:rotfl:

DH and I made a last-minute trip to WDW last September and managed to get spots for DiveQuest at EPCOT, where you get to SCUBA in the giant aquarium tank.

Now, realize this is one of the smaller tours at WDW, only maybe 30 people each day get to do it, a few at a time.

So we go to the entrance to meet our guide and the others on the tour and sit down on the bench with another couple. We exchange greetings and the two men start looking at each other like they're trying to remember something. The other guy finally says, "aren't you Dr. X, the dentist?" They were also from the Phoenix area and he services DH's high-speed drills at his office. He recognized DH by his voice, I guess.

We ended up being the only 4 on the tour. So we went all the way to FL and met someone we already knew! What're the odds?

PHXscuba

I always run into the music minister from the church I used to play at (I was in the orchestra). Literally, we see each other more at WDW than we do at home! I think we've seen each other there 4 or 5 times so far and it's become a running joke.

I ended up staying three doors down from one of the girls I used to manage at work! Since we were there for a full week (and ran into each other every day), I was so thankful we had a good relationship!

During that same trip, I ran into two other people I work closely with... I knew we were all going on vacation (Spring Break in our area), but didn't realize we'd all be at Disney.

It's a small world - literally.
While standing in line for It's a Small World, a man leans across the line and asks, "Did you go to _______ University?" He had lived in the same residence hall where I was a Resident Assistant and remembered me 15 years later. Apparently I'm unforgettable. :)

I agree - it's a Northern Indiana thing. We see people we know whenever we travel. I don't think we've ever been on a vacation where we haven't run into someone we know along the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter