Have you ever missed a flight

I have missed more flights than I should probably ever admit. :rotfl2: I travel weekly for work and have missed them for a variety of reasons:
  • Overslept
  • Meeting ran long and couldn't get out of client's office in time.
  • Traffic
  • Ran into a friend at the airport and was on the US Air Shuttle between LGA and DCA and knew I could get on one of the several hourly flights that followed
  • Delayed and missed connection
  • Booked a flight for 8am when I intended to book it for 8pm.
In all cases I was accomodated on another flight.

I never missed a flight, knock on wood. This is usually because of my strange desire to get to the airport 3 hours or so before my flight. I stress out way too much about getting to the airport early. I would rather wait in the airport for a few hours relaxed than to be stressed out I'll miss my flight. It really makes my wife mad that I stress out so much over this. :).

I never missed a flight, knock on wood. This is usually because of my strange desire to get to the airport 3 hours or so before my flight. I stress out way too much about getting to the airport early. I would rather wait in the airport for a few hours relaxed than to be stressed out I'll miss my flight. It really makes my wife mad that I stress out so much over this. :).

I'm the same way, though getting there 90-120 minutes ahead of time is enough for me to be comfortable. DW would rather arrive as late as possible.

THe only time I ever 'missed' a flight was when there was a mechanical issue and my first flight left over 4 hours late (and so I missed my connection). The airline put us up overnight in a hotel and gave us meal vouchers for that day and the next morning because there wasn't another flight to our destiantion until the next day. The first flight was JFK to Miami and the second flight was Miami to Quito, and there were two different airlines involved (PanAm and Eastern...so you know this is ancient history! :lmao:).

I'm always SO paranoid about missing a flight that my rule of thumb is to always arrive at the airport two hours prior to the flight (even for domestic), then I can arrive and take my time checking in, passing security and sit in the gate area and relax without getting stressed..otherwise I get so stressed I don't enjoy myself at all.

and if you did was it hard to get another ?

nope never missed one, but I came real real close a few times

.....did we ever! And, the plane was there, right in front of us! They claimed tht it had been 'sealed' (?) already so they couldn't open the doors again to let us board. It didn't help that it was a connecting flight too.....:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter