Have you ever brought a towel animal home?

We had our first couple of towel animals waiting for us when we checked in at the BCV's a few weeks ago. They were sitting on top of the entertainment center. I didn't even think about taking them home. Hmmm...maybe I should have. They were really cute! (Although come to think of it, I couldn't squish another thing in my luggage!!! ;) )

Miss Inga Depointe said:
"Have you ever brought a towel animal home?"

No, but I do bring home the robes, the ice buckets, the lightbulbs and the clockradio!!!
and the blow drier... and coffee maker!.. let's not forget the iron. :rotfl:
HELLOOO!! You're missing something major here! Ah! Don't forget the TV! Forget the rest! You guys can keep the towels! :teeth:

*Fantasia* said:
and the blow drier... and coffee maker!.. let's not forget the iron. :rotfl:
HELLOOO!! You're missing something major here! Ah! Don't forget the TV! Forget the rest! You guys can keep the towels! :teeth:

:rotfl:Oh, but I always get my towels from the Maid's cart out in the hall. If I take a nice big stack of them home every year, I never have to buy them at home!!!!! See? Don't over look the towels! They can be expensive.

If fact, enough of those little soaps and shampoos -- think of the savings there!!!!

Man oh Man we had a flock of towel animals in our room on our last trip. Had I known I would have kept the little bunny. He was soo cute. The Kissing swans wouldnt have made it home, they kept leaping off the Tv and were falling apart. Wow.. I got to let DH know, I just thought they recycled them and stuff. :earboy2:

One room attendant told us they don't reuse the wash cloths. Only the towels. If they are "throw away", might as well have it as a nice souvineer.

minnie61650 said:
I have'nt brought any home. But I do have lots of pictures and wonderful memories of them.
Linda ::MinnieMo

Ditto...............our favorite was the on the Magic--a monkey hanging off a clothes hanger.

We recieved two small ones. a mouse and a rabbit. I felt no qualms at all about taking them home! For 273.62 a night, I think Disney can afford to absorb the cost of two facecloths. I have them sitting on a shelf with some other Disney souvenirs. The towel animals are quite a conversation getter.

If Disney didn;'t expect people to take them home, especially the small ones, they would not instruct mousekeeping to take the time to leave them in the first place. :goodvibes

No towel animals, but when I got the tv home I was so disappointed I couldn't get resort tv on it. :earboy2: Dialing 56 for same day dining isn't working for me either :confused3

Yes, we took all of our towel animals from our last trip home. Our mousekeeper told us they were ours to keep. :)

:wizard:

Zandy595 said:
Wow, I didn't know anyone would even consider taking them home. Interesting.

Me either. Not that I would not have liked to have had the cute creatures that we were surprised with during our last trip, but the thought of taking the towel creatures home, just never crossed my mind. Maggie

Micca said:
No towel animals, but when I got the tv home I was so disappointed I couldn't get resort tv on it. :earboy2: Dialing 56 for same day dining isn't working for me either :confused3

That's so upsetting! Now my TV stealing plan has fallen all apart. :(

No animals, maybe because there were no children in the room. However, we did get a towel basket - eh, that is a basket made out of towels with a towel handle and holding about eight rolled up washcloths. All over the basket were mulitcolored stickey dots in neon colors. There were too many towels involved to even think of stuffing it in my suitcase, but I have nice pictures!!
We stayed at AASP.

Laurajean1014 said:
Sorry, but I think it's not right to take towels from a resort. Just asking a CM is scary. It's not right to take a resort's towels home.

Maybe you think not but the GM at the Poly and the supervisor of mousekeeping told me they are to take home. Perhaps you should speak to them about this! LOL!

Yes, we take our favorite ones home.

On my recent solo trip to WL, I saw the housekeeper my family had always had on our previous trips. I mentioned to her how much we still enjoyed some of the towel animals she had made for us. She told me that she had learned to make Mickey and Minnie ones and wanted to make sure I had those to take home. . When she found out I was leaving the next morning, she came to my room as soon as she got to work, made Mickey, Minnie, and kissing swans, folded them up for me and said, "I know how to fold them so they travel well."

If they are made out of washcloths, guests are free to take them home. Diana, the WL housekeeper, adds eyes and decorations to them. They would not be reused.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter