Have Disney Execs fallen in love with the cutesy little boat rides?

I'm not 100% sure that I hold a contrarian view. Perhaps on this particular message board I do, or at least based on the people participating in this thread. Again, it's not that I hate the boat rides, I just don't think we need any more of them.

You are very good!! You keep pushing the right buttons to keep your thread going!!

We always loved the boat rides and omnimovers. We were sorry to see world of motion and horizons gone. We hate what they did to imagination. When DD was very young these kinds of rides filled our days. As she got older we enjoyed the thrill rides as much as possible. Now that we are getting older, the thrill rides are a bit tougher on the old bones. We still do them but we don't repeat those rides like we used to do. We see ourselves once again enjoying the boat rides and omnimovers. Funny how that works.

Has anyone?
Many have. And almost every single person that I've seen posting has said they loved this ride. The one thing that was negative? Too short.
Seriously, no one is going to love every single attraction at WDW. Sure, there are those that will feel that if Disney puts in an attraction that they don't personally like, it means that that attraction is crappy and is taking up space that could have been better utilized. Do I ride Small World? Sure. Every third or fourth visit. HM is once a trip. PoC every trip. For me FEA isn't an every trip thing. It's cute, I can live without it. Three Amigos? Every few trips. Living with the Land? Depends on how hot it is outside.

Many have. And almost every single person that I've seen posting has said they loved this ride. The one thing that was negative? Too short.
Seriously, no one is going to love every single attraction at WDW. Sure, there are those that will feel that if Disney puts in an attraction that they don't personally like, it means that that attraction is crappy and is taking up space that could have been better utilized. Do I ride Small World? Sure. Every third or fourth visit. HM is once a trip. PoC every trip. For me FEA isn't an every trip thing. It's cute, I can live without it. Three Amigos? Every few trips. Living with the Land? Depends on how hot it is outside.
I think part of the problem is that it's been so long waiting for this to open, too long waiting for something new. Expectations had a long time to build.

How many omnimovers does the park have?
HM
Buzz
SSE
Little Mermaid
The Seas with Nemo
JIYI

How many coasters?
Space
7dmt
BTMRR
Barnstormer
RnRC
Everest
Primeval Whirl

How many boat rides?
Small World
Pirates
Jungle Cruise
Frozen
Grand Fiesta
Living with the Land
Nav'i? River Journey

Spinners?
Aladdin
Dumbo
Astro orbiter (3 in one park!!)
Chester and Hester's thing

I don't see the problem.

Has anyone?

Yes I have.

Beautiful, colorful, vibrant ............... has no purpose, is too short and feels incomplete.

Remember when Whoopi took the ride with Cameron/Rohde? don't remember which, how they explained the whole ride and pointed things out to her and she was like WOW .... now imagine her riding alone without anyone saying anything, having no idea what she is looking at. That's the ride. It wouldn't have taken much to make it a full experience, it's too bad they didn't take that route as it would have been easy to do.

PS The really cool line/queue is FoP NOT the boat ride. The boat ride has a basic zig zag rail line outdoors but covered, more themed than most but not the cool line everyone is talking about.

:tilt:

Yes Disney has lots boat rides, it's something they do, it's takes less CMs to run, it only needs a dusting and some paint/grease every so often, it's safe, it's an option for more guests to ride (age, etc) and bottom line .............. it probably costs a lot less so therefore adds to the bottom line. FoP will be considered a thrill ride E ticket so they balanced it with something most people can ride and it's a people eater.

And yes even Disney considers Splash a thrill ride, not a "boat" ride and so I would not count it as a "slow boat ride".

I'm just hoping Toy Story Land is well done and not another DinoLand carnival mess.

It seems that what has succeeded in getting under folks' skin is the word "cutesy". It serves no purpose other than to be provocative, and the only meaning I can discern from its use is "the ones I don't care for".

Yeah, Disney does have a lot of gentle boat rides. Even some of the other rides like Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan, etc. are similar. Just sit in some sort of transportation thing, go around and look at fun stuff for a few minutes, get out. It's good for small kids, older people, etc. I do hope they include more thrill rides in the future, though, but I imagine that takes up a lot of space and money, too.

Yeah, Disney does have a lot of gentle boat rides. Even some of the other rides like Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan, etc. are similar. Just sit in some sort of transportation thing, go around and look at fun stuff for a few minutes, get out. It's good for small kids, older people, etc. I do hope they include more thrill rides in the future, though, but I imagine that takes up a lot of space and money, too.

Absolutely the gentle boat rides are good for kids and the elderly. But I think Disney has enough gentle boat ride options at this point. Thrill rides are cool but even if they do more rides like Dinosaur (not a thrill ride), I would be fine with it. Not everything needs to be a gentle 5mph journey down a body of water.

Absolutely the gentle boat rides are good for kids and the elderly. But I think Disney has enough gentle boat ride options at this point. Thrill rides are cool but even if they do more rides like Dinosaur (not a thrill ride), I would be fine with it. Not everything needs to be a gentle 5mph journey down a body of water.

I hadn't personally counted up the number of gentle boat rides at Disney, but am I under an impression that Disney uses a wide variety of ride conveyance systems, of which slow moving flumes was just one of them? I mean, you could probably skip them and still have plenty to do. Is Flight of Passage ignored in this complaint?

Out of the last ten or so new ride systems built or in development, would anyone reasonably conclude that Disney mostly does slow moving boat rides and that Disney is an uncreative company?

As you can see, many of us don't agree. And I don't agree at all that Dinosaur is not a thrill ride. My at the time 7 year old niece went on tower of terror and Expedition Everest with no issue. She was white when we got off of Dinosaur. You seem to be ignoring that rides like Dinosaur do leave out a huge amount of people who are not physically able to ride something that shakes and tosses you around. Nothing wrong with having rides that everyone get do.

And having 4 or 5 slow boat rides is no where near everything being a gentle 5 mph ride.

Love the cutesy boat rides. Bring it on Disney! (and I'm a coaster fan). My favorite part of Disney is our whole family can do most things together. We've had APs at Universal and it was fun - but not Disney and we split up a bit. We've also had APs at Cedar Point and it was a blast for my DD and I...my DH and DS spent their time riding bumper cars, antique cars, and bench warming. All of us prefer Disney.

How is Dinosaur not a thrill ride?

-Loud
-Dark
-Jerky
-Drops

Anyway, I love slow and cutesy rides.

I wish there were more of them.

I saw the boat ride on YouTube and it's now known as the granny boat in my house. I was so excited to see a normal ride with no drops, loops, or hoops. No it's not going to work for a group of 30 year olds but it's great in the sense that it's one of those classic Disney rides that transcends age.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter