Have any other Aussies done a WDW Run Disney event?

DisneyDreamer3090

Earning My Ears
Hi all!

Just wondering if anyone has done a Run Disney event at WDW? If so, how did you go with the sign up process. Wondering if you have any advice or suggestions to prepare and for arrival? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

I did the Food and Wine 10k last year. Sign up was fine but I did have to set my alarm for the early hours of the morning to sign up online. I’m glad I did that because I then went back to sleep and a few hours later the 10k sold out.

I did the Princess 5k back in 2011. I don't remember having any trouble with anything, so I think it was pretty straight forward. However being almost 10 years ago, I think they've gotten a lot more popular since then, so it's harder to register.

However I loved it, and would do one again.

My only recommendation (if it hasn't changed) is to stay at a resort that has the bus transport to the starting line, just makes it easier to get to where you want to be.

We'll be running likely the 5K as a family and half marathon at Jan 2021 marathon weekend. I've compiled a document with info cut and pasted from various sources. As already mentioned above, generally advised to book as soon as bubs are open for purchase, and staying onsite if it within your means.

It'd be nice to find other runners! I'm doing the Galloway method and most people who run here just run continuously. Not many do the run/walk method

I just did the food and wine half marathon this month. I had so much fun, i'm hooked now and hope to do the princess and full dopey in the coming years!

As others mentioned, register as early as possible, i was actually going to sign up for the 5k but hesitated a day and it sold out, so threw caution to the wind and went for the half! It's worth noting if you're doing the post race party they post out tickets but not internationally so you have to pick them up at the expo box office when you get your bib.

Don't overtrain. I spent 7 months training and i was way too long! The run walk run method is definitely the way to go, and in the half they had pacers at the start of groups who did the run walk run method so you could stick with them if you wanted. There's plenty of time to finish in too, i finished in 3 hours, left an hour later and there was still people coming into the finish line as i left

I did the Dopey Challenge in 2019. When I was done I said never again....but here I am dreaming of my next trip. Best atmosphere races ever(though you don’t race them..it’s more the experience).

We've done the Star Wars Dark Side 5K (2017&2018) and Star Wars Dark Side 10K (2018) , as well as Star Wars Virtual Half Marathon (2019) and the Castaway Cay 5K.
I think they have changed the sign up process since we ran. You just have to get up early when it opens and know what the the processes are if you are registering multiple people. There were 3 of us running and we wanted to make sure all of us got a spot in the races.

Also when doing the registration, it is good to have the details of other races you may have completed, as your finishing times will determine which corral you are placed into. They will ask for this as part of the sign up process. I think you have until a certain date to provide "proof", otherwise you are put into the last corral.

Just remember to factor in a time to pick up your running bibs before the event. These are not sent out. We usually arrive a few days before the run and visit the Run Disney Expo to pick up the bibs and special Run Disney gear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts