Haunted Room at Pop!!

Wow just read all the posts and I am a true believer of Ghosts. I live in the same city as Ghost Hunters. Their office used to be right down the street from us and DH would see them all the time packing up their van. I never saw them, but now they have moved a little further away, but in the same city.

Anyway, when I lived at home the house I lived at always belonged in the family and was built almost a 100 years ago. My mom still lives there. Well things would always go missing only to turn up a few hours later. But one night my brother and I were sitting in the parlor watching TV when my mom calls from the basement. I'm yelling back what does she want. Again she calls me so I get up and my brother follows because he heard her too and figured I must be in trouble and wanted to see what happened. I get ready to walk downstairs when from the corner of my eye I see my mom already in bed reading a book. :scared1:

I ask her what she wanted. She tells me nothing, doesnt know what I am talking about and my mom is not one to play jokes. I actually made her swear on a stack of Bibles that she was not calling me.

I always thought that basement was scary and I would have thought I was hearing things if it wasn't for my brother hearing it too! I am not sure what would have happend.

Another time I was sitting on the couch. No one is home except my cat who is sound a sleep on my lap. I start to hear someone walking up the stairs from the basement. Then it stops. I figure I am just hearing things. Then I look at my cat who is now wide awake, ears all the way back staring at the dining room where the door to the basement is. I figured if it was a burgular I only had a few seconds to get out. But nothing ever came (thank God) but I was awake for the whole night and never got off the couch until morning came.

A friend of mine told me a story that happened to her family. Her son was probably about 3 or 4 and her daughter was one and was just learning to walk. They were visiting her sister or sister in law at her cottage. They were in the kitchen and the little girl was about 3 or 4 feet from the basement stairs. All of a sudden she fell down the stairs! The little guy started getting really upset and said "Why did that mean lady push her down the stairs?"

I would not EVER want to be there again!

:scared1: I'm never staying at POP!!!!!! Eeeeekkk!!!!

My boss told me this morning her nephew's hobby is going to Confederate cemeteries and taking pics of the headstones. He took one on a digital camera a few days ago, and when he developed it, he saw a woman in period 1860s Southern clothing holding a baby standing next to a gravestone. He went back- THAT NIGHT- and said outloud "Is there anyone else here?" A woman's voice whispered "Yes," and he asked, "Who are you?"

"A dead person," was the very audible response.:scared1: He got it on a recorder. He has ghost-hunting equipment and RECORDED THIS CONVERSATION!! He's investigating to find out who the woman is.. was, whatever.

We stayed at Pop in 2004. I believe on that year, we visited ASMovies. We stood outside the room (where my husband passed away in 2001). We prayed and we kissed the ballon and let it go. I think he might have followed us at Pop. He died so sudden in Disney (Buzz bldg.) and maybe he may think he is still alive. He may be walking around Pop century or at the ASMovies.
He may be waiting for us to come back to the room.

It was just a thought that ran through my mind and I thought I'd share them with you. I'm not afraid to talk about it.. I have learned, coped and accepted his death. If he is lingering around Disney.. It must be a joy for him. I hope it is not him.. I want him rest in peace.. in heaven.

:scared1: I'm never staying at POP!!!!!! Eeeeekkk!!!!

My boss told me this morning her nephew's hobby is going to Confederate cemeteries and taking pics of the headstones. He took one on a digital camera a few days ago, and when he developed it, he saw a woman in period 1860s Southern clothing holding a baby standing next to a gravestone. He went back- THAT NIGHT- and said outloud "Is there anyone else here?" A woman's voice whispered "Yes," and he asked, "Who are you?"

"A dead person," was the very audible response.:scared1: He got it on a recorder. He has ghost-hunting equipment and RECORDED THIS CONVERSATION!! He's investigating to find out who the woman is.. was, whatever.

Oh wow, that is scary :scared1:

We stayed at Pop in 2004. I believe on that year, we visited ASMovies. We stood outside the room (where my husband passed away in 2001). We prayed and we kissed the ballon and let it go. I think he might have followed us at Pop. He died so sudden in Disney (Buzz bldg.) and maybe he may think he is still alive. He may be walking around Pop century or at the ASMovies.

It was just a thought that ran through my mind and I thought I'd share them with you. I'm not afraid to talk about it.. I have learned, coped and accepted his death. If he is lingering around Disney.. It must be a joy for him. I hope it is not him.. I want him rest in peace.. in heaven.

Wow,,, I am so sorry for your loss:hug:

I'm loving the ghost stories!

Fantasia - I am so sorry about your DH. :hug:
I also have a family member that died in a resort room at WDW.

At my DH's family's annual Christmas Eve dinner in 1992 I was talking to his aunt & uncle (who I only saw maybe 2-3 times a year) and the subject of Disney World came up. DH & I had a trip planned for October 1993 and I found out during the conversation that his aunt & uncle were going in February 1993.

Flashforward - - - I was at work in February 1993 totally immersed in work when all of sudden, out of the blue, the thought of DH's aunt & uncle popped into my head. I wondered if they were on their trip or if they were back (we didn't talk specific dates when we talked at dinner) and how the trip was going/went. I turned my attention back to work. About 15 minutes later I had to have to the company's President sign something (another one of DH's uncles) and when I walked in his office he looked so upset. I asked what was wrong and he said that he had just gotten off the phone - the call was letting him know DH's uncle died in WDW! It really freaked me out to hear that since I had just thought of him! DH's aunt & uncle had spent the day golfing and went back to their room (Port Orleans) to clean up for dinner. After DH's uncle got out of the shower he said he didn't feel well. He collapsed after that and died of a heart attack right there in the room. :sad1: My DH's aunt said Disney handled the situation very well.

You are totally amazing, and I was thinking the same thing.:hug:

I have stayed at Pop a few times in the 70's building, I do not recall what room, I checked and could not find it :sad1: too bad cool stories want to hear more

:grouphug: Blessings to you and your beautiful family. :grouphug:

Fantasia, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your DH. I pray that it is not him and he is at rest in heaven.

I am the poster that started the thread that was linked at the top of the previous page on the strange happenings at POP when we were there this past Sept.

:grouphug: Blessings to you and your beautiful family. :grouphug:

Fantasia, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your DH. I pray that it is not him and he is at rest in heaven.

I am the poster that started the thread that was linked at the top of the previous page on the strange happenings at POP when we were there this past Sept.

You are totally amazing, and I was thinking the same thing.:hug:

Oh wow, that is scary :scared1:

Wow,,, I am so sorry for your loss:hug:

I'm loving the ghost stories!

Fantasia - I am so sorry about your DH. :hug:
I also have a family member that died in a resort room at WDW.

Thanks everyone.. I appreciate your kind words and your thoughtfulness. Things are better. Always taking one day at a time and always thankful for what we have and always feel blessed.

Telly

Hi All, I have just found this thread and love it. I would like to add a few of my stories and hope you all enjoy them.

When I was 8 I was sleeping at a friends house. I woke in the middle of the night to my friend sitting up talking to some one. I asked who it was and they would not answer me. So I waited for the lady to leave and asked my friend who that was. She looked at me and said "You saw her?" I told her that I could and she asks if I was scared. I give her a strange look and she says that it was her grandmother and she just stopped by to say good bye and that she loves her. I say Oh and try to go back to sleep only to have the parents phone ring. Her parents come to the room to wake her up and tell her only to find her already up and she says to them I already know, we saw her. Her parents thought we were crazy.

Not too long after this my mom was taking my brothers & me to CCD school. While driving down the street my mom and I see a man dressed in robes and holding a staff. He walked right INTO the hillside and never reapeard. My brothers did not see a thing and they were looking in the same place. (To this day my mom and I belive we say Our Lord)

I aslo knew when each one of my grandparents passed, when one of my brothers jacknifed his truck, and my other brother had a car accident that wrecked his car he just put on the road.

Things got very quite for a few years and then I had my second daughter....

We moved into our house when she was 11 months old. She would sit in her crib and move her mouth, shake her head and smile as if she was talking to someone. Both of my girls would stand a the bottom of the stairs with the dog and stair at the top of the staircase. My older daughter would tell me that a mam in a green shirt was there and would not move and the dog would sit on the stairs and not let the kids up the stairs. My younger daughter who did not start to talk untill she was 2 1/2 finally said her first word.... guess what it was..... GHOST. She was standing, once again, at the bottom of the stairs and pionting up. They are now 13 & 10 and have just started to sleep with the light off. They see him mostly in the kitchen now as well as anyone that comes over seeing him. I see him go from room to room and as I stay up late he used to keep me company in the family room. I made the mitake of asking him to clean my house for me and I have not seen him in a few months. Guess I scared him off.

I could get into more but those are the big ones. Hope you enjoy.

Kim

I would have taken the bible out, told the spooks to go away and slept with the bible in my bed. I would have wanted to leave but would be too embarrassed to go tell the front desk to change my room because it was haunted.

Amen...i woulda told them where to go!!! I was wondering if i was the only one who ever brings a bible??lol!!
But i do believe there is the gideons one in the desk? WHy do you think there there silly???
IN the name of Jesus..be gone you foul spirit!!:worship: :worship:

Hey All.

I just returned from Pop Century on May 15th.

We were there May 8th-15th,

We had building #10 in the 70s Section, Room 0225

One night, I am lying in bed watching tv, the whole place is quiet, minus our tv.

All of the sudden, two of the hangers in the closet, that have nothing on them and no air vent near them, bang and then start swinging for about 15 seconds...

This happened 2 more nights that we were there,

No one next to us banged the wall or no one above us made any loud bangs that would make them move.

Just wanted to share....Thought it was preety Creepy, but cool!!

This is a long shot if you receive this email. But we stayed in a 60’s room
(4172) facing the pool on the first floor and had an odd occurrence. About 4 am the shades to our room began opening. The sound of the rings against the metal pole awakened me. I was paralyzed, watching both room shades slide toward the wall. My brother, sleeping in the bed furthest away from the door was sitting up in bed, as befuddled as me. I couldn’t speak, neither could he. It wasn’t until the movement stopped when I smelled a strong smoky/burnt electrical smell when I had to jump out of bed because it turned my stomach so much. As quickly as the scent came on and lingered on my bed only, it went away just as fast.

Anyhow, that day we brought our story up to the bar tenders at Petals Bar. I mean, we figured either we look totall nuts or something is going on. Both bar tenders, in all seriousness, told us we are not the only
people to have had issues in the resort. There have been several deaths at the resort, two of them in the main pool.

So, I guess I’m writing you to let you know others have had “haunting” experiences since.

Hey All.

I just returned from Pop Century on May 15th.

We were there May 8th-15th,

We had building #10 in the 70s Section, Room 0225

One night, I am lying in bed watching tv, the whole place is quiet, minus our tv.

All of the sudden, two of the hangers in the closet, that have nothing on them and no air vent near them, bang and then start swinging for about 15 seconds...

This happened 2 more nights that we were there,

No one next to us banged the wall or no one above us made any loud bangs that would make them move.

Just wanted to share....Thought it was preety Creepy, but cool!!
:scared1: That's freaky! A couple years ago we stayed at the Polynesian and I woke up about 3:00 am and both bright lights were on over our beds! It was weird!

This is a long shot if you receive this email. But we stayed in a 60’s room
(4172) facing the pool on the first floor and had an odd occurrence. About 4 am the shades to our room began opening. The sound of the rings against the metal pole awakened me. I was paralyzed, watching both room shades slide toward the wall. My brother, sleeping in the bed furthest away from the door was sitting up in bed, as befuddled as me. I couldn’t speak, neither could he. It wasn’t until the movement stopped when I smelled a strong smoky/burnt electrical smell when I had to jump out of bed because it turned my stomach so much. As quickly as the scent came on and lingered on my bed only, it went away just as fast.

Anyhow, that day we brought our story up to the bar tenders at Petals Bar. I mean, we figured either we look totall nuts or something is going on. Both bar tenders, in all seriousness, told us we are not the only
people to have had issues in the resort. There have been several deaths at the resort, two of them in the main pool.

So, I guess I’m writing you to let you know others have had “haunting” experiences since.
:scared1: Oh my! They say lives that end in tragedy may become confused and lost not able to pass over. Hmm not sure being a lost spirit at Disney would be a bad thing. Just kidding I think it is sad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter