Haunted Mansion 50th Anniversary event

I'm in the corral for people waiting to get in. I see a few costumes; one cast member is still valiantly hawking tickets to guests exiting the park who ask what the big line is for.

I hope my nap will tide me over for the majority of the event.
Wow, still trying to sell tickets. If you don't mind could you post what time they let you all in? Have fun!!

Wow, still trying to sell tickets. If you don't mind could you post what time they let you all in? Have fun!!
Will do. Still out here for now. The family I'm next to can confirm at least one kick out from the park. Her kids were in and were hustled out. The others left voluntarily because they were told the only way for the max pass to be activated was to scan it by entering the gates.

I’m closer to the end of this very long line to get in, near La Brea Express. Soooo... I really hope they start letting people in because I think this will take a while to get in. Also, there was mixed answers until recently— until everyone started saying you have to leave and re-enter.

So now.we are told we have to leave and come back in. I am getting irritated at Disney

Yes, they should have started letting people in at midnight and have those areas manned by CM's to check for wristbands. At least let people in the area for the party since it's so darned short to begin with.

Have a blast everyone. I need to go to sleep but the party is just getting started. LOL

In now.
Okay, they had us enter through Frontierland. Don't be distracted by the singers at the balcony of the Golden Horseshoe; there is a line snaking towards Fantasyland. We haven't entered New Orleans yet.

Last edited:
In now.
Okay, they had us enter through Frontierland. Don't be distracted by the singers at the balcony of the Golden Horseshoe; there is a line snaking towards Fantasyland. We haven't entered New Orleans yet.
I would imagine everyone wants to be by Rivers of America for the opening.

Quick update with about an hour left. The opening show was tons of fun. The rides are walk on but all spread out. The food lines though are long and taking most of the time

Not cool, Disney. I thought they would have learned from the mistakes of the Pixar event when it comes to the food lines. Any neat characters? Overlays? Anything?

I'm close to giving up the ghost and leaving for the night. Rides are a walk on, like Gerilyn mentioned. Photos and food have lines. I headed to food first right after the intro show and used up my tabs. Tonight there seemed to be a little leeway of being able to use the coupons for the pay food items. I didn't try it but the clam chowder was huge.

Cast member mentioned they've been preparing months for this while also preparing for D23. There is supposed to be either a flash mob or group to Pied-Piper us to the front, but I'm done

I am about done. Just so very tired. We used all but one of the food tickets. Just grabbed the julep and hopped the Mark Twain for the last ride of the night.

There were a handful of character photo ops but every time we got in line they were closing it.

Last edited:
Not cool, Disney. I thought they would have learned from the mistakes of the Pixar event when it comes to the food lines. Any neat characters? Overlays? Anything?

From what I've seen on IG Constance, Sally Slater and the Hitchhiking Ghosts are out for photos.

So my thoughts on the first night of the party - photo ops at the hotel were fun. We checked in for the event around 7 pm. Didn’t experience any long lines for anything and had plenty of time to get all the photo ops. We got in line for the event at 11:30. There were already a lot of people lined up, but we realized we were in a good spot because the line curved way around and down into downtown Disney. Upon entering the park, don’t dally around, go straight back to the Frontierland area to get queued up for the 1 am show - it’s non-optional to go in this holding area from what I can tell and you want to get a good spot to watch the opening show. The rides were all walk ons except we had to wait a bit for the Haunted Mansion. There were some meet and greet photo ops that had lines, but they weren’t outrageous lines or anything. Food lines were long and the food wasn’t really worth it IMHO. Honestly, the event was fun, but it did feel really rushed. We went to sweetheart night earlier in the year which was about 1/3 the cost, we got in 3 hours before the party, the event was an hour longer, and almost the whole park was open. I’m a little disappointed in Disney for charging $300/ticket for this event. Not to be a buzzkill. We did have a good time! I’m just not sure it was a $300 worth.

Thanks for the report. Sounds like maybe they should have done two shows, like Fantasmic. Was it worth the wait?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter