Has Disney ever thought about putting the rest of the Sing-Along Songs series on DVD?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
When I was a little girl I loved to watch my Disney Sing-Along Songs VHS tapes almost every day and even today I still like to watch the Sing-Along Songs tapes I had as a little girl and I find it shocking that Disney has only released certain Sing-Along Songs tapes on DVD such as the Disneyland Fun tape the Lion King Circle Of Life Sing-Along Songs tape the 101 Dalmatians themed Sing-Along Songs tape Pongo And Perdita and Flik's Musical Adventure but what about the very first Disney Sing-Along Songs videos? I wish Disney would put out the entire Sing-Along Songs series because they were a fun way to get children interested in karaoke songs and if this series was revived for a new generation of Disney fans it would be a hit

The Sing-Along Songs tapes that were my favorite were Under The Sea with songs from The Little Mermaid and other sea themed songs Friend Like Me which had Aladdin themed songs and songs about friendship and Fun With Music but the main problem I have with Fun With Music is while my namesake Disney character is featured on the box with Oliver from Oliver And Company they should've had some more Oliver And Company songs and have Dodger be the host. But as I said the Sing-Along Songs series should be revived and put on DVD because this series was a childhood favorite of Disney fans

They should have these or at least something like them on Disney+ - maybe some new versions if they can't transfer the older ones. I think people would like it.

My other favorite Disney Sing-Along Songs videos were also the Disneyland Fun tape and the Beach Party At Walt Disney World tape I also have on DVD and it was a fun video to watch and you just gotta love Aladdin rocking on the guitar singing Slicing Sand with Jasmine at the end of the video. My cousins loved it so much that they bought a copy of that tape themselves

This was a great series. I have a few of the tapes on-hand here: the original Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah and Heigh-Ho volumes plus Very Merry Christmas Songs (still goes well as an album today even if you don't watch it).

I always enjoyed the editing on some of these, like how "Joy to the World" and "Silent Night" were basically dubbed over Fantasia scenes. I actually had that VHS before I saw Fantasia, so I was admittedly confused about Fantasia at first!!

A few days ago, I mentioned these to someone who brought up Disney karaoke and said these were basically training videos (hence why I dug mine out to make sure they were still there). It also prompted me to do some research on the series.

Somehow, I no longer have the box to the Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah and Heigh-Ho tapes, just the tapes (which are inside generic Scotch and Maxell boxes now). I know I played the daylights out of these in the late 80s when they were new.

I know there were tons of others, including one at Disneyland that had "Makin' Memories" (a lost Sherman Bros song if I remember correctly) on it plus a good rendition of "Grim Grimmin Ghosts".

It looks like the last ones came out somewhere around 2004 alongside Home on the Range. Apparently some were on DVD, but things were changed around on some (like the Christmas tape). What I didn't realize is that there were some on LaserDisc!!

I also went to look for boxes for mine and found some of the first-run VHS tapes (which I know mine were since I got them in 1987--can also tell by the older FBI warning screens and the blue stripe on the tape labels). Here's the million dollar question...does anyone have a copy of the Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah with "I'm Blue for You" on it? I saw a tape with the same label as mine on eBay and it was listed on the back of the box as being one of the songs. My guess is that it got cut last-minute, but somehow the boxes had already gone to press. Another first-run box doesn't have it listed but the tape has a newer label than mine (which looks more like the Christmas VHS one, a tape I know I got a year or two later).

The song I'm Blue For You is actually called Boo Boo Boo Boo and is from the Fun With Music Sing-Along Songs tape but doesn't appear on any other tapes
Hope this helps you Mac,
Dodger

On the Disneyland Fun tape of the Disney Sing-Along Songs series I noticed that the earlier version of the tape had a song called Disneyland Is A Magical Place that was originally the final song but my copy doesn't have it and When You Wish Upon A Star replaces it. Was this a song that was cut from the later versions of the Disneyland Fun tape? The other thing I noticed is on my copy of Flik's Musical Adventure is that Dave Foley doesn't provide Flik's voice but Wally Wingert does? It seems odd that Dave Foley did not do Flik's voice for that Sing-Along Songs tape

On the Disneyland Fun tape of the Disney Sing-Along Songs series I noticed that the earlier version of the tape had a song called Disneyland Is A Magical Place that was originally the final song but my copy doesn't have it and When You Wish Upon A Star replaces it. Was this a song that was cut from the later versions of the Disneyland Fun tape? The other thing I noticed is on my copy of Flik's Musical Adventure is that Dave Foley doesn't provide Flik's voice but Wally Wingert does? It seems odd that Dave Foley did not do Flik's voice for that Sing-Along Songs tape

Sometimes they do swap voices for releases like that. Either Dave couldn't do it due to a conflict or they went with a less expensive actor. They might also have swapped for a singing voice, assuming Flik sings, as Dave is not really a singer. Many Disney movies have different acting and singing voices for the characters.

A lot of them were filmed in the Parks, with MUCH MUCH MUCH lower crowds.
Can't have the everyday person thinking that's the current reality of Disney!

If Disney were to put all the Sing-Along Songs series on DVD i'm sure people would adore buying them because it would bring back memories of their childhood. My first Disney Sing-Along Songs video was the Hunchback Of Notre Dame one titled Topsy Turvy and then I started my collection of them and I thought they were so cool. I understand that there was a third Sing-Along Songs tape in the series called Let's Go To The Circus that had Mickey and Minnie and the rest of the Disney gang along with some kids attending the Ringling Brothers/Barnum Bailey Circus and is that the rarest to find tape of the Disney Sing-Along Songs series?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter