Has anyone stayed at The B Resort - Disney Springs with an ECV?

dizneefan13

Earning My Fins
I'm basically wondering what the bus service is like with a mobility scooter. I know the buses run every 30 minutes and from what I've read, they are pretty comparable to WDW bus service. Some think even better but that's just opinion.
So if you've stayed at a Disney Springs hotel using their bus service, please let me know if you had a good experience....or not.
Thanks!

I’ve used it multiple times (though from the LBV Hilton), and had no problem. Do note, however, that the drop-off/pick-up areas at the parks are NOT with the Disney hotels. For the MK, it is at the TTC.

I'm basically wondering what the bus service is like with a mobility scooter. I know the buses run every 30 minutes and from what I've read, they are pretty comparable to WDW bus service. Some think even better but that's just opinion.
So if you've stayed at a Disney Springs hotel using their bus service, please let me know if you had a good experience....or not.
Thanks!

If you stay there, and use their bus service, I would love to see a comprehensive trip report - it's usually easy to find reviews from folks who don't have to use personal mobility devices, but often far more difficult to find (recent) relevant reviews from people who require mobility assistance.

I'm always especially interested in the roll-in shower rooms, simply because I now require that accommodation when I travel, but again, it's often nearly impossible to get accurate information without calling the hotel, and even then you are at the mercy of whoever answers. If it's a fill-in auditor or a new desk clerk, they often have no idea of exactly what accommodations are even available at their property they work at.

I will try and give some feedback when we get back in October. We don't need a roll-in shower but I will get as much info about accommodations for mobility assistance.

it's often nearly impossible to get accurate information without calling the hotel, and even then you are at the mercy of whoever answers. If it's a fill-in auditor or a new desk clerk, they often have no idea of exactly what accommodations are even available at their property they work at.

Hotel GM here for 20 years.. few tips with this..

1. Check the local time and be sure you are not calling on their overnight shift. Give those poor auditors a break
2. Call during the hotels prime time and nicely ask for a Front Office Manager, Rooms Manager, Supervisor, Asst GM and tell them why.
3. Do NOT just google up the hotel and pick the first link that shows up.. If you see anything like "ad" near the link you are not going to the hotel.. There are a ton of 3rd party sites that grab your search and act if they are the hotel.
4. Be clear of what features you need.. Not want, but need. Then understand that if they are sold out of a that specific room feature, they will TRY to get you what you need, but that is not a promise. A request is just that. Don't go nuts when you don't get the connecting room with roll in shower, that is in the corner room away from the ice machine :)

Hotel GM here for 20 years.. few tips with this..

1. Check the local time and be sure you are not calling on their overnight shift. Give those poor auditors a break
2. Call during the hotels prime time and nicely ask for a Front Office Manager, Rooms Manager, Supervisor, Asst GM and tell them why.
3. Do NOT just google up the hotel and pick the first link that shows up.. If you see anything like "ad" near the link you are not going to the hotel.. There are a ton of 3rd party sites that grab your search and act if they are the hotel.
4. Be clear of what features you need.. Not want, but need. Then understand that if they are sold out of a that specific room feature, they will TRY to get you what you need, but that is not a promise. A request is just that. Don't go nuts when you don't get the connecting room with roll in shower, that is in the corner room away from the ice machine :)

*Excellent advice* on all four counts - I wish this could be permanently tattoo'd on the arm of anyone who ever travels, ever... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter