Has anyone seen Disney's On the Record?

scotthart

You didn't see anything
We are going to see On the Record this Sat and I was wondering if anyone out there had seen it and what they thought. I am little worried that it may not be enough to keep the attention of our children ages 10, 9, 6, 5, and 2 1/2. They all know and love the Disney songs, but I am worried that the 2YO is not going to make it through the entire show. Any advice?

DH and I saw it a couple months ago. I had asked about it on theses boards too and I'm glad I did. Its really not much of a show, more like a concert of Disney songs. They have a few props that they fool around with here and there, like microphones, bleachers, and soundbooths. Theres really no dialog at all and no spectacular costumes.

With that said, I knew that going in so thats what I expected. Liking Disney music like I do, I enjoyed a few hours of songs (Be Our Guest was really neat). We were glad we went. Just dont expect a full blown "show" like The Lion King.

We saw it last week. I don't think my 4 year old could have sat through it. We didn't take him.

I think the older kids will be fine. I think it was a broadway style show and the first act was quite long. I would be concerned about the 2.5 and 5 year old. The show is definately not flashy but if they enjoy listening to music and singing it should be ok. I have a boy and I know he would have gotten restless, there were mostly young girls in attendence and they seemed to do ok. One group did leave early and one did have to sit on mom's lap for most of the show.

The only other concern I would have is that the show was much longer than I expected. We went to a 8 pm show and didn't get out until 10:15. So we were there nearly 3 hours with parking etc.

All and all I enjoyed the show.

We went a few months ago and took our 5 year old. He LOVED it, did not move the entire show! We thought it was great as well!!! :)

Thanks for the advice everyone! I think I am leaning toward leaving the baby with my Mom. I would hate to miss half the show if she started to fuss. We are attending an early afternoon show though, and I think this might make it easier for her if we do decide to take her. Thanks again.

We saw it in Philly a few months ago. It was really nice, but I would not take a young child. It definitely would not keep their attention beyond the first few songs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter