Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

Ok, I had a couple of hours available today so I had to try it. I got a scrap piece of fabric and made a slip cover for MB and started painting(strictly as an experiment). I liked the wrapping effect that occurred where I painted outside the outlines of the MB and it wrapped underneath(2nd pic). Unfortunately, now I may have a new addiction since I can make as many covers as I want.

Did you sew that or what? I'd live a pattern for the slip cover if you made a template. That does look amazing :) bravo again!!

afgcaJk
piLMrNJ

Testing this....

The link didn't work within the post but I was able to copy it to another tab and all I can say is WOW! That is so awesome. If this is what you wanted to start over on... DON'T! It looks great. :earsboy:

Awe thank you :] I'm going to try and post it again in a moment... It'll just be coding. I was trying to do that one from my cell phone :]

It was just my first time painting a band at all and all done freehand. :confused3 I'm just a perfectionist I guess :rotfl:

Alright.... Trying to repost now... This is my first band painting. It's Simba from "I Just Can't Wait to be King" when he bursts through the leaves and has a leaf mane. I used acrylic paint and have yet to seal or use any base coats. All are free-handed images. Enjoy! :]
piLMrNJl.jpg

afgcaJkl.jpg

Alright.... Trying to repost now... This is my first band painting. It's Simba from "I Just Can't Wait to be King" when he bursts through the leaves and has a leaf mane. I used acrylic paint and have yet to seal or use any base coats. All are free-handed images. Enjoy! :]

This is one of the most amazing bands I've seen so far!!! Love it!!!

Yay being nocturnal! Just painted another band... I don't think I need to tell you know this is. :] Again all free handed in acrylic... Sorry for so many photos I wanted to show the full image and get feedback/critiques!

IETk1yTl.jpg

ez6MfzIl.jpg

Ka0hRGVl.jpg

GavAQWel.jpg

Nfc372el.jpg

I tried to make a spindle on the little mickey... hope that reads alright!

Yay being nocturnal! Just painted another band... I don't think I need to tell you know this is. :] Again all free handed in acrylic... Sorry for so many photos I wanted to show the full image and get feedback/critiques!

IETk1yTl.jpg

ez6MfzIl.jpg

Ka0hRGVl.jpg

GavAQWel.jpg

Nfc372el.jpg

I tried to make a spindle on the little mickey... hope that reads alright!

Wow those are great. Let us know how they hold up and if they crack. Thanks for posting.

Did you sew that or what? I'd live a pattern for the slip cover if you made a template. That does look amazing :) bravo again!!

I just used the no sew method found here: http://milkandcuddles.com/2014/01/how-to-make-a-coverband-for-magicband-tutorial/
But I changed my pattern to be 3" x 8", my wrist is small so the fabric scrunched up a lot using 3" x 10". You'll have to experiment with your lengths. Once you've done your first one, it takes probably less than 5 minutes to make one, they are pretty simple(I've already made 4 just experimenting).

Also another idea for those who like stickers/tattoos or even want to do the whole cover band. Print out designs on iron-on tshirt paper, cut them out and transfer to the fabric covers. I tried and if you have a good quality color printer, you can make whatever designs you want with no painting.

Everyone keep creating, I love all of the designs out here, they are so awesome. Can't wait to see them all when we visit the parks soon.

If it was the one with Donald on it - then I saw it - I just didn't know if that was accurate. Thanks so much.

I think you're talking about a Donald sketch I did. That is NOT accurate, please don't use it. I would hate to be the reason that someone's band doesn't come out the way they wanted! I didn't have an actual band to go by and that drawing was just for fun :goodvibes

Post 456 on page 31 by Kaybird has a template for the bands. I was able to copy the picture and put into paint and then print it. It seemed like it would be true to size on the paper. I printed off several of them and then colored them in with the different colors of the magic bands and then would lay out my design on them to see which color looked best with each design of my family's bands. Here is the link back to the page with the template...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3190181&page=31

I think you're talking about a Donald sketch I did. That is NOT accurate, please don't use it. I would hate to be the reason that someone's band doesn't come out the way they wanted! I didn't have an actual band to go by and that drawing was just for fun :goodvibes

Thank you for the warning. I appreciate it. :thumbsup2

Post 456 on page 31 by Kaybird has a template for the bands. I was able to copy the picture and put into paint and then print it. It seemed like it would be true to size on the paper. I printed off several of them and then colored them in with the different colors of the magic bands and then would lay out my design on them to see which color looked best with each design of my family's bands. Here is the link back to the page with the template...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3190181&page=31

Thank you so much for the link - we are printing it now. We can't wait to decorate ours. :)

Here's some quick examples of the fabric covers I made. The nightmare before christmas one in the middle is the example of using an image printed onto t-shirt iron-on paper and then applied to a piece of fabric. Like I said earlier, if my printer was cleaner, the image would have looked pretty cool I think. Enough creativity for the weekend. Have a great week and thanks for all the kind words.
IMGP3193_zps97213d11.jpg

imagejpg1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I have never posted pictures on here before, so I hope this works. This is my DS Jack Skellington band that I worked on today.

Hi everyone,:)

My first post. Longtime lurker. I have not done this since I don't any MB
but I have a tip for applying tattoos. I recently got into nail art stamping. There is one method for making nail decals that might work for tattoo.

First you will need something made of plastic (I use a ziploc freezer bag) or silicone. Apply a layer of base coat nail polish bigger than your tattoo on to the plastic or silicone. Dry completely. Apply your tattoo to the base coat. Dry completely. After this you have 2 options.

Option 1. If you don't mind that the bottom of the tattoo becoming the top. Apply white nail polish to the tattoo. Dry completely. Using a pair of tweezer and a wooden cuticle pusher gently lift your tattoo decal off the plastic. Apply base coat to your magic band. While your base coat is still wet, apply your tattoo decal. The base coat will act as a glue.

Option 2. If you need the top of the tattoo to remain the top. After you apply your tattoo and let dry. Apply another layer of base coat over the tattoo. After drying, lift tattoo decal and flip over. Apply white nail polish to tattoo and let dry. Follow same direction as above for applying to MB.

I hope this make sense. You can go to YouTube to see how it is done for nail art decal. Search for "nail art stamping decal". There is a good one from Lucy stash. She has 3 method but the one you to see is method 1.

Please let me know if this works. I'm not getting my bands until late this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter