Has anyone booked with HOTWIRE HOTRATE HOTEL?

Well, if you're going to have a car and everything, have you considered VRBO? Sometimes, you can find a nice vacation rental that's cheaper and nicer than a hotel. But, then you'd have to pay for parking at Disneyland every day you're there.

Close to Disneyland in October, less than $100 is going to be tough. October is more of a peak period than summer these days. I've heard Motel 6 Maingate isn't bad. It's Motel 6 though. If you can afford a bit more, like bumping it to $150 a night even if it means maybe doing 7 days instead of 10, there are quite a few more options.

I asked about the driving to Los Angeles before because most people don't realize how far away things are. Los Angeles is huge. And a lot of the activities tourists enjoy are nowhere near Disneyland. For instance, driving to and from Universal can be anywhere from 40 minutes to 90 minutes in traffic. If you want to see the Hollywood Walk of Fame, the wax museum, Ripley's, or other Hollywood attractions, you're looking at another hour drive day. Santa Monica Pier is a good hour or more depending on traffic, too. The part of L.A. that's close to Anaheim is...not the tourist part. It's the industrial wasteland, the not so great neighborhoods, the grittier parts. It's not horrible, but it's not like going to L.A. is a quick trip from Anaheim. If you spend a lot of time in southern California you already know this. But if you don't, it's something to consider, so I just wanted to put it out there for your awareness.

I would like to be no more than $100 per night... I have literally spent countless hours researching and trying to find the perfect place and its not been easy to say the least haha.

Since October is now a busy time at DLR, finding someplace decent at that rate is going to be a challenge -- as you're finding out now. Someone here was looking for a hotel for $100 or less in late July or early August -- she found a great rate at the Motel 6 Maingate (on Disney Way). That hotel is basic, but gets good reviews here. And if you'll be spending most of your time in the parks anyway, that might work for you. But I think the suggestions above are worth considering -- you might well need to raise your budget by shortening your trip. Since the focus of this trip is the engagement (that is the focus, right?), maybe 5-7 nicer days in a nicer place at DLR might work better. With a shorter trip, you might even try doing MHP -- lots of fun! (5 day PH + MHP = 6 days in the parks) Then you could plan the other things for your next trip. (And if you're contemplating purchasing APs, then I can only assume you're already thinking about future trips!)

ETA: This thread just showed up on the forum: Quality Inn Anaheim. Might be of interest to you.

Last edited:

Have you considered going for less time? 10 days is a lot and a good way to increase a budget per night for lodging is to stay less time. I’d think about cutting the trip down to 5 or 6 nights and staying someplace nicer.

I found 10 nights at Clarion in Santa Ana for $877 and 10 nights at Howard Johnson in Orange for $804. Both had good reviews. Really good actually, surprisingly. Clarion is a bit more posh and includes breakfast but HOJO in orange is a bit closer. Still think i did well in finding the 2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter