Has anyone been turned down for a DAS

Disneyfan754321

DIS Veteran
Last time we went to Disney we had a Genie pass, my son still very much has a need for a pass. It just worries me to count on having one and not get it.

Yes, people have been turned down for the DAS pass.

You will need to explain why your son can not wait in the stander lines and what his needs are. the CM does not care about DX just needs, now mobility problems normally do not get a DAS so think of other things

we were turned down at universal....My daughter looks really good but her needs are really severe, so I think they just didn't believe me. universal didn't want to give us a stroller as wheelchair tag either, and I have never heard of anyone being turned down for that. But we have never had any problems getting DAS at Disney

Op don’t stress on this. There’s enough to think about without the what if.. scenario.
I’m a firm believer that if you articulate ur
Needs slowly and clearly and stress the importance of the help your requiring to get thru ur visit... they ll do what they are capable of doing to make that happen.
Wishing you a relaxed enjoyable Pixie filled visit. Enjoy!

we were turned down at universal....My daughter looks really good but her needs are really severe, so I think they just didn't believe me. universal didn't want to give us a stroller as wheelchair tag either, and I have never heard of anyone being turned down for that. But we have never had any problems getting DAS at Disney
Universal really seems to be trying to do this a lot lately, because they want you to buy their express pass, you just have to push back harder, you may also have to cite ADA law about not being required to provide proof.

Thank you all, I really just want this to go well for everyone. I am glad I'm not alone, no one really understands unless they have walked in shoes like yours. I have learned that through this whole cancer journey... we are going to spend a lot of money that we really dont have, but I'm going to make everyone feel normal even if it's just for 3 days at DW.

OP, just keep in mind that the DAS won't work like the genie pass...you won't have to wait in the line, but you'll still have to wait. Best of luck to you!

Honestly Disney can not legally ask you what disability you or your daughter have or for any medical documentation. My dad had a stroke he is significantly disabled but i called ahead to verify he qualified for DAS and this is what they told me in response.

This thread has information about DAS. The first post is up to date; the rest is from when DAS was first started, so no need to read past the first post: https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...15-digital-das-on-tickets-magicbands.3178976/ (this thread is about WDW, there is another about Disneyland)

The question you need to be ready to answer is “what prevents my son from being able to wait in the regular line?”
No the diagnosis, but what the issues are with waiting in the regular line. The better you are able to express that (briefly), the more likely that DAS will be issued.
The people who have reported being turned down have mostly had only mobility needs that can be handled with using a mobility device in line.

The accommodation given by DAS is ability to wait outside the lines. You will still be waiting approximately the amount of time that guests are currently waiting in the regular (Standby) line. Guest request a DAS Return Time for an attraction and are given a time to come back. That Return Time can be used any time until the park closes, but another can’t be obtained until that one has been used.

Keep in mind that each guest gets 3 Fastpasses that can be scheduled ahead of time. They are completely separate from DAS and can be used together.
Some people use Fastpasses for attractions with long waits to avoid tying up the DAS for such a long time.
Other people use Fastpasses for attractions the person DAS was issued to does not want to or can’t ride; DAS csn only be used for attractions the DAS holder will be going on.

Honestly Disney can not legally ask you what disability you or your daughter have or for any medical documentation. My dad had a stroke he is significantly disabled but i called ahead to verify he qualified for DAS and this is what they told me in response.
You will need to be ready to answer what your concerns are for the line. The phone CM are wrong more time then wright. So I would just be prepared to let the CM know your concerns for your dad in the line

Last time we went to Disney we had a Genie pass, my son still very much has a need for a pass. It just worries me to count on having one and not get it.

I've found that guest services in the MK seems to handle DAS requests better. It's no doubt probably the same everywhere these days but I've never seen the staff at the MK be unprofessional unlike at other locations. I often travel with someone who uses a DAS - I don't use one myself. If you happen to have an issue you can always nicely ask to speak to a supervisor.

I find that I have great luck getting additional fast passes after the first 3 scheduled ones by doing the "refresh" method - there's more about that on the theme park board. I use an ECV in the parks and I have found I can go from attraction to attraction about as much as I can handle by doing this. Of course if there are "must-dos" make sure to get your scheduled fast passes for those if you can. The other thing that may be an option is to do early mornings at rope drop - especially early magic hours - and if you have the extra funds you might think of doing one of the "after hours" options which can get expensive for a family I know - but you can generally ride some of the headliners to your heart's content that way.

I was so upset with universal, they gave me our pass no problem but they would not give me a stroller as a wheelchair, so we used a rental wheelchair... we got to the train to change parks and they told me I had to leave the wheelchair it cant go to the other park, if I want another one go to the front gate, but we were at the back. I guess cause my son 6 he didnt look like he needed one.
They made a quick judgement. I'm glad Disney is professional and friendly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!