Harry Potter and the Cursed Child on Broadway

Great report and I’m so glad I stumbled across this. I’m currently planning almost this exact trip for May of 2019! We will be on the east coast for a wedding so I’m anxiously awaiting the release of the tickets for HP and the cursed child. My daughter will be 9.5 and I hope she can handle the two shows in one day. We are planning the bike tour of Central Park and the Natural Hisotry Museum and also taking the train to DC before heading to the wedding. I would love to pick your brain on what is reasonable pricing for hotels and the HP tickets. Sounds like I should just buy through the official website, no packages ? We are going the week before Memorial Day and so far prices look pretty good for airfare but the hotels are giving me a bit of sticker shock.

Great report and I’m so glad I stumbled across this. I’m currently planning almost this exact trip for May of 2019! We will be on the east coast for a wedding so I’m anxiously awaiting the release of the tickets for HP and the cursed child. My daughter will be 9.5 and I hope she can handle the two shows in one day. We are planning the bike tour of Central Park and the Natural Hisotry Museum and also taking the train to DC before heading to the wedding. I would love to pick your brain on what is reasonable pricing for hotels and the HP tickets. Sounds like I should just buy through the official website, no packages ? We are going the week before Memorial Day and so far prices look pretty good for airfare but the hotels are giving me a bit of sticker shock.

NYC is PRICEY! I think $250/night is a good price. Look at Novotel if you want to stay near Times Square. They had pretty good prices and the rooms were big for NYC. You might check out expedia to get an idea of range. My package was EXPENSIVE but the only way I could get the Harry Potter tix, so it was worth it to me (I would buy through the official website if you can for sure!). I'd suggest seeing Harry Potter in two consecutive nights as we did instead of one long day for your daughter.

Have fun and feel free to message me with any questions! Love to hear how it goes too!

NYC is PRICEY! I think $250/night is a good price. Look at Novotel if you want to stay near Times Square. They had pretty good prices and the rooms were big for NYC. You might check out expedia to get an idea of range. My package was EXPENSIVE but the only way I could get the Harry Potter tix, so it was worth it to me (I would buy through the official website if you can for sure!). I'd suggest seeing Harry Potter in two consecutive nights as we did instead of one long day for your daughter.

Have fun and feel free to message me with any questions! Love to hear how it goes too!

I would love to do it in two consecutive days but not sure our scheduling will allow it. We have to make it out to Virgina for a wedding by Saturday. Im crunching the schedule now to see if I can make it work. The tickets Im looking at are Ochestra L Row W, it looks to be near the center aisle. They are $1000 for the three of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! May need to rethink th and move to cheaper seats but then part of me thinks we should splurge and get the best seats we can!!! Is $1000 crazy?

I would love to do it in two consecutive days but not sure our scheduling will allow it. We have to make it out to Virgina for a wedding by Saturday. Im crunching the schedule now to see if I can make it work. The tickets Im looking at are Ochestra L Row W, it looks to be near the center aisle. They are $1000 for the three of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! May need to rethink th and move to cheaper seats but then part of me thinks we should splurge and get the best seats we can!!! Is $1000 crazy?
$1000 each night or total? If total I think it’s OK.

Today Tix does a lottery for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child on Broadway. I have never entered this one but I have seen at least 5 Broadway shows through a lottery. You need to have an open itinerary to make it work though. Most lotteries I have entered close at 9am the day of the show. Usually right after it closes you will get notified if you won. You have no idea where the seats are but you have an hour from when you get the email to claim and buy them. They are heavily reduced. I usually pay $35 per ticket. In 3 of the shows I have won I have won seats in the middle of the orchestra. Not bad for $35!

Here is what is says for the Harry Potter play:
"Every Friday, we release 40 tickets for some of the very best seats in the theatre at $40 ($20 per Part) for every performance for the following week. Submit your entry from Friday at 12:01AM ET to Friday at 1:00PM ET.

Winners will be notified between 1:00PM ET and 5:00PM ET on Friday and will have one hour to claim tickets from the time of notification. Winners pay $40 total per guest ($20 per Part)."

Here is the link

I have no idea why my link was removed. If you search "Harry Potter lottery" on google you will for sure find it. : )

Last edited:

This thread is about a trip report
Any discussion I have needs to be done by the Pm system
A trip where they discuss going to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child on Broadway... other people posted about wanting to go see it..

A trip where they discuss going to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child on Broadway... other people posted about wanting to go see it..

Please don’t derail Alice’s complete Trip report anymore.

Our moderator removed your link.......take it to the PM system if you need further clarification. We don’t beat a dead horse over in the Universal boards.

Who may I ask is bullying you? Bullying is such an over used word, usually used incorrectly when you hear or read something you don't like.

I have no clue who you are, never spoken to you and very politely pointed out the obvious.

When a moderator removes a post, you speak through PM`s, not keep derailing someone`s trip report.

As I said, we don't beat a dead horse on the Universal Boards.

I will not be bullied off a board when I did nothing wrong.

I believe it is the other way around.

Suggest you read The Disboards guidelines that I have in each of the 4 forums as a sticky

It explains what is not allowed in the forums
I already see a few violations on your part

And having the last word in this, please no more derailing this trip report.

Wow, I take a few days off from reading the board and all heck breaks loose!
I think the other poster is trying to be helpful, but once you receive the PM from the moderator, best to just realize you've missed a rule and move on. No big deal then -- I don't think the matter needs much more debate.
I will note that when I took my Broadway walking tour, the guide mentioned a lottery and a link (which I have written somewhere - not sure if it's the one mentioned above or not, but google is a wonderful tool). A friend of mine got her tickets to Hamilton that way. Wonderful thing if you're ok chancing it!

I saw this play over the summer and I loved it. I still think about it often, months later. We paid $350 or so and did a Wednesday, both parts on the same day. Grabbed dinner in between. My sister got the tickets last year in some lottery type release. We were on the 2nd level; my ONLY criticism was not being able to hear the actors once in awhile. Mumblers!

We live in NJ so it is a day trip for us. I took a different bus (alone) vs. my sister, back to NJ from the Port Authority, that was slightly creepy but they moved the waiting areas inside vs where we used to have to stand, so it is better than it used to be.

I want to see it again!

Wow, I take a few days off from reading the board and all heck breaks loose!
I think the other poster is trying to be helpful, but once you receive the PM from the moderator, best to just realize you've missed a rule and move on. No big deal then -- I don't think the matter needs much more debate.
I will note that when I took my Broadway walking tour, the guide mentioned a lottery and a link (which I have written somewhere - not sure if it's the one mentioned above or not, but google is a wonderful tool). A friend of mine got her tickets to Hamilton that way. Wonderful thing if you're ok chancing it!

I bought the tickets! So excited....hope my daughter can make it through both shows! It was $167/person and the seats are in the Orchestra Row W But since I waited so long they are much farther from the aisle than I originally saw. I found a really cool site that lets you see the view from your seat and it looks good! Hope i chose well?!!?

I’ve got my flights almost wrapped up, now just narrowing down hotels. Looking at the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, it’s about 300/night but we are going over a holiday week so that might be as good as it gets.

Sorry about all the previous drama, didn’t mean to cause a problem. I know about the lotteries but unfortunately we are in the area for a wedding so we only have the one day to see the show.

Thanks again for your trip report, it has really helped me out!!!

Your trip report is so fun. Yeah for sparkly shoes and you have picture with Mark Hamill and Paul Rudd. I am so jealous. Love the star wars comic. Definetely on my list

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts