Happy Birthday October Exercise Challenge

If no one has grabbed November yet, I'll host.

Excellent! - Thanks!

Popping back on to update the spreadsheet now that I'm home, and we have some color changes!! -

Congrats to Elizabeth Smith on skipping up to Restful Red and to Twilight Sparkle on jumping straight to Gifts Green!! :car: :car: :jumping1:

I'm adding 20 minutes to my total for yesterday (455/520) and the team totals are at 8,069 and 70%! :cheer2:

Good morning, and happy Thursday! No new minutes for me, but I'm planning to do better today!

For the 29th's birthday, we're hopping to January 29th, and Bill Peet:

1603978367544.png..... 535294.....1603978412574.png

http://www.billpeet.net/PAGES/billpeet'sstory.htm

"Bill Peet has written and illustrated more than 30 books for children. Loved by children, parents, teachers, and librarians for over 61 years because his books make reading fun and teach positive values. During his 27 year career making animated films, Bill Peet became Walt Disney's greatest storyman."​

https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/Bill_Peet

"William Bartlet "Bill" Peet was an American children's book illustrator and a story writer for Walt Disney Productions. He joined the company in 1937 and worked on films such as Pinocchio, Fantasia, Dumbo, The Three Caballeros, Song of the South, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, One Hundred and One Dalmatians, The Sword in the Stone, The Jungle Book...In his 1989 autobiography, Peet said he drew both Captain Hook in Peter Pan and Merlin in The Sword in the Stone to look like Walt. He was honored as a Disney Legend in 1996."​

+20 for me (475/520)

(Good morning, all, happy Friday, and congrats to ljcrochet!! She and I have both reached Restful Red! :car: :car:

Today's birthday is 3/30 and Disney artist Marc Davis:

535414 535415

Marc Fraser Davis was an American prominent artist and animator for Walt Disney Studios. He was one of Disney's Nine Old Men, the famed core animators of Walt Disney's animation studio.
Some of the animated characters Davis mainly designed and animated are Bambi, Thumper, and Flower from Bambi (1942), Br'er Rabbit from Song of the South (1946), the title character of Cinderella (1950), Alice of Alice in Wonderland (1951), Tinker Bell in Peter Pan (1953), Aurora and Maleficent in Sleeping Beauty (1959), and Cruella De Vil in One Hundred and One Dalmatians (1961).

...In 1989, he was named a Disney Legend.[1] He was also the recipient of the much-coveted Mousecar.[2]

And from: https://wdwnt.com/2013/01/wdwnt-the-magazine-marc-davis-imagineering-master/ -

Davis had remained with animation for the early years of Disneyland’s existence. In 1962, Walt Disney invited Davis to visit Disneyland and provide notes on the troubled Mine Train through Nature’s Wonderland attraction. Davis suggested that the mine cars be reorientated to allow guests to better observe the story and provided suggestions on gags to make the ride more playful. Pleased with his feedback, Disney asked Davis to provide direction on reimagining The Jungle Cruise...

(One project led to another, and so on, until Marc eventually moved from animating to Imagineering.)

There are a number of tributes to Marc Davis throughout the Walt Disney World Resort. The most obvious tribute is the window on the west side of Main Street U.S.A that bears his name. The window lists, “Big Top Theatrical Productions” which has been “Famous Since 55.” Also listed on the window are three other Imagineers including Davis’ Pirates and Haunted Mansion partner Claude Coats. Another tribute can be found in Disney’s Hollywood Studio in the Magic of Disney Animation courtyard. There four of Walt’s Nine Old Men including Davis set their handprints in concrete slabs. Additionally there are hidden tributes to Davis throughout the Magic Kingdom Park. In the final scene of Pirates of the Caribbean a family crest with the name “Marco Daviso” can be found hanging from the wall as Jack Sparrow delights in his treasure. In the Haunted Mansion queue a tombstone tribute can be found. The stone reads, “In Memory of Our Patriarch Dear Departed Grandpa Marc. Finally, near Country Bear Jamboree a crate is labeled Davis Tobacco. The subtle and not so subtle nods pay tribute to a true Imagineering legend.

Good Morning, and Happy Halloween!

.........................(random Google image - I did not make this!)

Congrats to sophy1996 on reaching Restful Red! :car:

30 minutes yesterday for me - 25 on the treadmill and, would you believe, another 5 or so for shoveling snow!!! ❄❄❄

(We didn't get a lot, but I didn't want it to freeze on the steps and the path overnight.)

For our last birthday (10/31) we have one more of the "Nine Old Men" - Ollie Johnston:

from Wikipedia - Oliver Martin Johnston Jr. (October 31, 1912 – April 14, 2008), nicknamed "Ollie", was an American motion picture animator. He was one of Disney's Nine Old Men, and the last surviving at the time of his death from natural causes. He was recognized by The Walt Disney Company with its Disney Legend Award in 1989.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!