Happy Birthday, Dear Dude - A Sept 2010 PTR - 9/22 Trip Report Started p34

Well, it's been an eventful day. I had mentioned earlier that Magic has been refusing food. Well, yesterday the vet said her little contractions at her throat may be mini-seizures but are probably acid reflux. So last night, we started treating her for acid reflux with Pepcid and yogurt.

Well, at 3am, she woke me up gagging, and I hopped up to catch her in the middle of a grand mal seizure. She ended up having another at about 4pm today. These were her first two seizures ever, but we now think the neck thing when eating was a series of "focal" seizures.

Long story, short, tonight Magic is in the hospital getting started on phenobarb to slow the seizures. We will have to see how that goes, but we will probably leave her either hospitalized or in a boarding kennel under extra supervision while we are gone (rather than at home with the house sitter).

So, we're very tired and worn out. But we know we are doing what is best for Magic. Interestingly, Magic decided to get gastric torsion (a life-threatening condition where the stomach twists upon itself) and had to have emergency surgery the Friday night before our Disney trip in 2008. So I think this is her conspiracy against us going to Disney World!

At the same time, Katie has had a very busy day at college. Rush started last night and she has been visiting all of the houses today. She has texted me after every house telling me how cool it is and how exciting the process is. I am so happy she's excited.

So, on with One Week From Today - Saturday

Saturday, if we want to sleep in again, we can. Tonight will be Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. We have decided not to dress up. We're just gonna go and enjoy the whole thing.

We don't have any ADRs on Saturday, and it's a "red" day for MK (due to MNSSHP) and DHS (due to EMH morning), so we might hit Animal Kingdom or Epcot that day. Either way, it's rated a 1 out of 10 crowd level day, so I doubt we will have any problems.

It will be a late night for us, because we plan to stay the full time for MNSSHP.

In other news, we looked at all the Photopass special pics (like Tink, Stitch, etc.) and decided not to buy the prepaid Photopass at this time. I am thinking we may want 1 or two of the MNSSHP ghost photos and probably one of Chris and me in front of the castle, but at individual prices, that will be less than the $99 Photopass. Since we're taking it so casual, we don't want to feel like we have to seek out the photographers. The downside is that I don't think these individual photos come in digital format, and if we end up taking and liking TONS of pictures, we will have to shell out the full $149, so we will have missed out on saving $50. But we've decided to take a chance at saving $99 over spending another $50 (if that makes any sense).

Chris is reading the Kingdom Keepers first book and kinda likes it (though it's written at a pretty juvenile level. We are probably going to try to watch Jurassic Park tonight, in prep for the ride at IOA. Tomorrow, I've decided I am going to go ahead and read the spoiler threads for Harry Potter. I missed the last couple of books, so I don't think it will spoil anything for me, and this way if there are any things that we should notice but may otherwise miss, I can let Chris know about them.

Today, I started setting aside my clothes to pack. I got a few new bra tops a couple of weeks ago from Victoria's Secret (mail order), and bought 3 new pair of shorts at Old Navy last night. Some last minute toiletry shopping today at Target, and I think we're good to go.

I have my paper file all together for our trip. One more day of work before we're off!

Epcot, 1997
WDWJuly19970005.jpg

Viking Princess 1997
WDWJuly19970004.jpg

From my 1997 scrapbook
WDWJuly19970003.jpg

WDWJuly19970002.jpg

WDWJuly19970001.jpg

Downtown Disney, waiting for our table at Rainforest Cafe, 1997
WDWJuly19970009.jpg

The belly shirt has SOOO got to go!

I think this is Magic Kingdom 1997
WDWJuly19970008.jpg

Hoop de Doo Revue, 1997
WDWJuly19970007.jpg

Animal Kingdom, September 1998
AnimalKingdom19980003.jpg

AnimalKingdom19980002.jpg

AnimalKingdom19980001.jpg

I have another couple of planning items to add.

First, the Soares website now lists MSEP as Thursday, Friday and Monday at 8pm. Since we have Le Cellier Thursday at 8, that leaves Friday and Monday. Friday is Epcot EMH 9-12, but I got a reservation at Teppan Edo at 5:20. I think we may end up doing Teppan Edo, monorail to MK for the parade, monorail back to Epcot for EMH. It does sound like lots of moving around though, so we may cancel Teppan Edo.

Monday night is DHS EMH, but only until 10. We want to ride ToT at night, so doing the parade at 8 at MK and then transporting over to DHS may not give us much time.

Darn! I forgot my second item!

Well, I have actually started packing now. All of my daily clothes are set aside. Plus my swim suit and two pair of boardshorts and a cute cover-up dress. Chris has started laying his clothes aside too. Now, I'm pulling together "undergarments", shoes, and ponchos. Tomorrow I'll pull out the toiletries we need.

Tonight I will finish filing my travel documents. We got an email from Continental earlier today about our upcoming trip - exciting!

Last night we watched Jurassic Park. Of course, I can't make it through an entire movie. But I got enough to understand the premise and will probably really enjoy the ride at IOA.

Magic is home now and doing well. She stumbles "drunk", as they call it, but she has an improved appetite, so that's good.

I remembered what I wanted to mention yesterday. I checked the weather and it looks like we have possible afternoon thunderstorms Tuesday and Wednesday and sun the rest of the week. I'll be sure to pack my sunscreen!

Also, I checked the Universal site yesterday and found out they extended the hours for IOA on Tuesday, now closing at 7pm instead of 6! Good news for us!

Now on to One Week From Today

Sunday is another day with no definite plans, and we can sleep in if we'd like to. It's a green day for both MK and Epcot, and red for DHS. Regardless, crowd levels are expected to be a 3, so we'll be in good shape.

I am looking at today's current crowds and they are:
MK 1.4 - longest current wait - Peter Pan at 37 minutes.
Epcot 0.3 - longest current wait - Soarin at 16 minutes
DHS 6.5 - longest current wait - TSM at 74 minutes (wow!) BUT Rock n Roller Coaster is 25 mins and Tower of Terror is 4 minutes.
Animal Kingdom is closed for the day, so I don't have crowd levels.

Later tonight, we will have our dinner at Jiko, around 8:30. Then we'll relax at the AKL and try to turn in a little early, because we have to be up tomorrow morning for surfing!!

Just to let y'all know, I will be playing "Where Am I?" on Facebook during this trip. I have done this on some of my Vegas trips. I will post a photo from my iPhone and everyone guesses where I am.

If you're interested and aren't one of my FB friends, just send me a PM with your details so I can add you.

We will be hopping on the plane in about 8 hours from now. We're all packed and ready. The house sitters are ready to help take care of the dogs (as Magic is phasing in on her phenobarb for seizures).

I'm getting pretty excited now.

One Week from Today - Monday

We have to rise bright and early Monday morning to catch a cab and be at Typhoon Lagoon by 6:30am. (whew!) Then we'll surf for about 90 minutes. We'll take Disney Transportation back to AKL for a hardy breakfast at Boma.

Then we'll have the rest of the day to do whatever we please. Options are DHS EMH evening so we can ride ToT at night and/or the MSEP at 8pm (if we didn't get to catch it Friday night).

We can stay up and/or out as late as we'd like today. Tomorrow morning we will have a few hours to pack, check out, and do something before catching DME at noon.

I hope that you have a fantastic trip! I won't be able to hear about it for awhile since I leave for WDW the day after you return. Have a great time!

I hope that you have a fantastic trip! I won't be able to hear about it for awhile since I leave for WDW the day after you return. Have a great time!
Thanks so much! I'm sure there will be plenty for you to read when you get back.

Big hugs for Magic! :hug:

Have an absolutely wonderful trip!!! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!
I will pass the Magic hugs on to her. Thanks and we can't wait!

So sorry to hear about Magic.

Believe it or not, but Jurassic Park is one of my favorite mind candy movies! I'm not sure why...it's not like I'm really into dinosaurs or anything but I love it. I thought the ride at Universal was pretty fun, too. It captured the spirit of the movie!

Your plans look like they are coming together now ... you'll fill in the blanks with all the running back and forth once you get there.

Cool! I'll follow you on FB!

It's been great so far. We had a blast at Universal and IOA. We rode Forbidden Journey twice yesterday and, for the most part, the lines were nonexistent. Hard Rock Hotel was pretty nice, but we weren't there much. We are loving AKL!!

We are having a blast! Sorry I have been too busy to post. Will fill you in on all the details later!!

We are back and are exhausted! Today is my first day back at work. I have lots of pictures and some details about our trip to share. I'll be back soon to share!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter