Happy Birthday, Dear Dude - A Sept 2010 PTR - 9/22 Trip Report Started p34

Hurray for two weeks!!! :banana:

It will be hot, so it might be fun just wear a Halloween t-shirt that night at MNSSHP!

Prayers for your co-worker's dad! :goodvibes

Your trip will be here before you know it!
Yeah, we decided last night not to dress up. We may get a Halloween t-shirt if they have them in the shops the days before.

I can't believe we leave in just 12 short days!

The pins came in and they are great! 50 different pins, all look authentic. Chris will probably keep some and trade some. I think he has an extra lanyard to put the "traders" on.

We decided last night not to dress up for MNSSHP. We can't think of anything creative, yet comfortable. We're gonna just go for the experience this year, and if we feel left out by not dressing up, maybe we'll go back next year!

I know I can check in at 10 days and I would love to check in because it makes it more real, but I have heard that CL guests don't need to do online checkin. Does anyone know if it would hurt to do it anyway?

Also, I posted on the US/IOA thread, but we're looking for tips on must-see, must-do, must-eat items at US and IOA. If you have any, feel free to share!

Getting very excited, but I'm very busy at work. We have a 9/15 tax deadline and everyone waits until the last minute. I made the internal deadline 9/10 so I won't be stressing out on Monday the 13th.

We got our pins the other day and of course, Madison wants to keep 1/2 of them. We've purchased 50 total this summer (lot of 30 and a lot of 20) and we had to narrow down which ones she was going to trade. I think we have about 28 pins that she is willing to trade. One of them is SO cute, but it has a Minnie veil and says "Mrs." on it. Not really a pin for a 7 year old girl! Now, we need to buy something to put all these pins in that she wants to keep. I was thinking of a cork board, but we don't really have anywhere to put it in her room.

We got our pins the other day and of course, Madison wants to keep 1/2 of them. We've purchased 50 total this summer (lot of 30 and a lot of 20) and we had to narrow down which ones she was going to trade. I think we have about 28 pins that she is willing to trade. One of them is SO cute, but it has a Minnie veil and says "Mrs." on it. Not really a pin for a 7 year old girl! Now, we need to buy something to put all these pins in that she wants to keep. I was thinking of a cork board, but we don't really have anywhere to put it in her room.
That one pin sounds so cute! I could really become addicted to the pin trading. I saw someone post where they covered a corkboard with fabric, then put smaller fabric in shapes, then put the pins inside the colorful shapes. If there's no room in her bedroom, maybe the bath? It might be cute to get some fabric that matches the towels and shower curtain, etc.

That one pin sounds so cute! I could really become addicted to the pin trading. I saw someone post where they covered a corkboard with fabric, then put smaller fabric in shapes, then put the pins inside the colorful shapes. If there's no room in her bedroom, maybe the bath? It might be cute to get some fabric that matches the towels and shower curtain, etc.

I have thought about doing the pin trading thing, but I think I would definately become too addicted!

I like to idea of a corkboard. I'm thinking of taking down a few pics in her room to make space. The bathroom wouldn't work, but thank for the thought! Our 1 full bath is a beach theme and I love it!

Also, I posted on the US/IOA thread, but we're looking for tips on must-see, must-do, must-eat items at US and IOA. If you have any, feel free to share!

This is my area of expertise!

Sorry for being MIA, and for completely abandoning my own PTR...oops! :lmao:

Must-See: The Horror Make-Up Show at US (hilarious!) and check out the Ollivander's show at IOA if the line isn't ridiculous

Must-Do: My absolute faves at each park --
- IOA - Spiderman, Popeye's Bilge Rat Barges (prepare to be completely drenched, but it's the best water ride I've ever been on), Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey - but also don't miss Jurassic Park!
- US - The Mummy, Men in Black, The Simpsons Ride

Must-Eat: Mythos at Islands of Adventure for lunch - so delicious. And the Volcano Nachos at Margaritaville (which can be easily shared with multiple people). Two of my fave meals, and probably the ones I'd choose if I only had a couple days at Universal. If you're looking for another dinner, take a walk over to the Portofino and have pizza and salad at Sal's Market Deli.

Also, fave snacks include the cauldron cakes from Honeydukes in Wizarding World (Amazing! Chocolate cupcake with a chocolate mousse filling).

This is my area of expertise!

Sorry for being MIA, and for completely abandoning my own PTR...oops! :lmao:

Must-See: The Horror Make-Up Show at US (hilarious!) and check out the Ollivander's show at IOA if the line isn't ridiculous

Must-Do: My absolute faves at each park --
- IOA - Spiderman, Popeye's Bilge Rat Barges (prepare to be completely drenched, but it's the best water ride I've ever been on), Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey - but also don't miss Jurassic Park!
- US - The Mummy, Men in Black, The Simpsons Ride

Must-Eat: Mythos at Islands of Adventure for lunch - so delicious. And the Volcano Nachos at Margaritaville (which can be easily shared with multiple people). Two of my fave meals, and probably the ones I'd choose if I only had a couple days at Universal. If you're looking for another dinner, take a walk over to the Portofino and have pizza and salad at Sal's Market Deli.

Also, fave snacks include the cauldron cakes from Honeydukes in Wizarding World (Amazing! Chocolate cupcake with a chocolate mousse filling).
OK, I've got everything you mentioned on our list. Thanks for the tip on cauldron cakes. I am sooo excited!

10 Days, Y'all!!!

We are both getting very excited! Got Chris's pens and my new boardshorts for surfing. I have a nice packet with all of our reservation information. I have pulled my Universal book back out to read and make sure of the not-to-be-missed attractions, food and other things. We decided not to dress up for MNSSHP.

September 15 is the corporate/partnership tax deadline, and we have literally hundreds to do. I have told my staff I want all of them in review by Wednesday so we can finalize by Friday, so I won't be stressing out on Monday the 13th, one day before my vacation.

Both of our doggies are having some issues. Harry (the 4 year old rescue) seems to be a little sick to his tummy, so we're watching him. Magic (the 11 year old) is having trouble eating dry food. The vet says she has a chipped tooth, but that dogs secrete a substance that heals enamel, so she should be better in a couple of weeks. She also has a chronic UTI and something weird on an aspiration they did on a lump in her neck. Lab results will come in Tuesday.

We have a house- and dog-sitter coming to stay while we're out, and she works with me, so we're keeping her posted on the status. I'm just hoping we won't have to worry about either of them while we're gone.

I am so excited! It is getting so close!

YEAH!!

Single Digits!! :cool1:

I hope your puppies get better soon, it's terrible to have sick fur babies. Crossing my fingers for you and easy solutions.

Have you started packing yet?

WOO HOO! SINGLE DIGITS!!!
:cool1::yay::banana::woohoo:
Thanks for dancing with me!

YEAH!!

Single Digits!! :cool1:

I hope your puppies get better soon, it's terrible to have sick fur babies. Crossing my fingers for you and easy solutions.

Have you started packing yet?
Thanks for the excitement and I think the doggies are getting better and both will be fine. I just hate to leave the house-sitters to have to deal with them if either is sick.

We haven't started packing, but we know exactly what we want to pack.

Yay for 9 days!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance3:
Yay! Thanks for dancing with me! I want to see pics from your trip, Jen!

Will you be posting from WDW and US? I'd love to read a live report about how things are going and what you think about the WWOHP.

Will you be posting from WDW and US? I'd love to read a live report about how things are going and what you think about the WWOHP.
I probably won't be adding pictures on the DIS from there, because it takes so long to upload to photobucket and paste over here. But I will post pics on my Facebook and I'll probably post updates here on the board.

Even though our plans are to have very few plans, I can't resist the idea of a "One Week from Today" post.

We went to my sister's house tonight (about 20 minutes away) for the fantasy football draft, and on the way home around 9pm, Chris and I were talking about how in one week we should be all packed and headed to bed to make an early night of it! We are both so excited and can't believe it is coming so quickly!

We have to leave our house at about 3:30am to catch a 5:30 flight. When I booked our flights, I took the earliest possible ARRIVAL in Orlando, which meant a 5:30am Continental flight through Houston. I am hoping to sleep on the longer leg from Houston to Orlando.

Therefore, we will have to be packed up with the suitcases by the door ready to leave bright and early. Well, not really bright - it will still be quite dark outside. Any predictions on whether we'll really be packed and ready to settle into bed by 9pm? I'm guessing not. We'll have that "too excited to sleep" vibe going.

So, I'm hoping that by this time (11:11pm), we will be sound asleep for our 4-hour nap...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter