Handlery San Diego

svalencia1

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have any info about this hotel? I have booked here for our San Diego porion of our vacation and just looking for any feedback. Its our first time to the San Diego area and have little info. Also, does anyone know how far this hotel is from the amtrack station. We are considering taking the amtrak from Anaheim to San Diego in order to prevent having to drive. I hate driving when I dont know anything about the area. Thanks in advance!

I don't know much about the hotel. My mother and aunt stayed there once about eleven years ago and my mother was laughing because she said that my aunt had unknowingly selected a "lesbian hotel." I don't know if the Handlery caters to a lesbian clientele or if it simply was hosting a lesbian tour/convention group when my Mother visited.

The hotel is about five miles from the Amtrak station. You can drive or take a taxi to Amtrak. Or you can take the trolley from nearby Fashion Valley to the train station.

I love the train ride from San Diego to Anaheim. On the ride up, be sure to sit on the left hand side of the train for the gorgeous ocean views. Once you arrive in Anaheim, it will be about a ten minute drive to Disneyland.

Have fun!

I don't know much about the hotel. My mother and aunt stayed there once about eleven years ago and my mother was laughing because she said that my aunt had unknowingly selected a "lesbian hotel." I don't know if the Handlery caters to a lesbian clientele or if it simply was hosting a lesbian tour/convention group when my Mother visited.

The hotel is about five miles from the Amtrak station. You can drive or take a taxi to Amtrak. Or you can take the trolley from nearby Fashion Valley to the train station.

I love the train ride from San Diego to Anaheim. On the ride up, be sure to sit on the left hand side of the train for the gorgeous ocean views. Once you arrive in Anaheim, it will be about a ten minute drive to Disneyland.

Have fun!

That is great info re: the amtrack. It puts my mind more at ease about getting around. My kids were very excited about the possibility of taking a train. However, your comment about the hotel worries me since I will have my kids with me (no flames please). Does anyone else have experiance with this hotel?

You should be able to find more information about The Handlery from www.tripadvisor.com. The more I think about it, I seriously doubt that it is an exclusively lesbian hotel. I'm gay and I don't think that there is a lesbian travel market large enough in San Diego to sustain a property that large. My mother and aunt probably visited the property during a lesbian convention or tourist event. By the way, they thought that the hotel was fine.

Enjoy the train trip. It is wonderful to travel along the coast, watching the surfers and viewing the small beach communities. I even saw some deer as the train traveled through a canyon. Your kids should love it. You might want to consider a business class upgrade, which is not very expensive. In business class, the seats are larger and there are complimentary beverages, snacks, and newspapers.

Have a great trip!

Thanks for the suggestion, more room and free snacks sounds like a great idea for the kids. I have only been on Amtrack once and it was in 8th grade with my school. I remember it being fun. Also, thanks for the update on the hotel. Since we will not be renting a car this is one of he only options that will work with getting us to where we need to go. I think it will all work out okay. It's our first trip to CA, so I'm kinda nervous about it. Thank you for reassuring me.

:cool1: :surfweb: Hi did you go on your trip yet? we were looking at the same hotel and taking the amtrak to disneyland, we are going in June. any info. for first time vistor's would be greatly appreciated.! thanks !!:hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter