Halloween 2020

sambuster

Mouseketeer
Anyone else having issues getting reservations for Halloween 2020. I made a res for this Halloween 499 days out and never had a problem. Seems like the fort is packed, in 2020. Today was 499 out for Oct. 30. I called in at 7am and no sites were available . Had them check with Guest Services nothing available. Thanks SamBuster

Sambuster,

When I use the booking tool on the Disney website, it let's me (as of today) book out until Novermber 28, 2020 and shows prices for reservations. I tried 10/29/20 to 11/28/20 and it gave rates. Here is a snapshot:

500 day window gone.PNG

I guess the old 500-day rule is no more. Nov 28 is 527 or 528 days from today depending on whether or not you count the 28th itself. Maybe they've gone to counting from 499 or 500 based on the check-IN day now and not the check-OUT. That's how it is on ReserveAmerica (used by some state park systems like FL) is their 11 month window is based on check-in day and it will allow you to book the max reservation length from there (14 days in FL).

I bet it's something along these lines - you can book 500 days out based on your arrival day (and the max reservation is 30 nights/31 days).

Sorry if that's the case. That's a new change it appears (and unannounced). And yeah, no rates came up for the Fort so it may very well be sold out already. And we can blame Star Wars Galaxy's Edge too for the hyper demand I suppose.

Bama Ed

PS - but we've still got room in our October DISMeet group earlier in October 2020...

PPS - now a couple days later I'm not getting the same type of pricing replies. Disney's IT is terrible. I give up. If you can get rates and a reservation number, sambuster, go for it.

Last edited:
There are at least two Fort Wilderness/Camper FB pages run by travel agents. I know one of those was pretty much guaranteeing securing reservations and then said she was successful in making at least 400 for the Halloween period. Not sure what the secret is, seems like some TAs have an "in" at WDW.

Yes, looks like 2020 Halloween is already booked up. I tried for 10/28-11/1 and no availability. I plan to stalk the website every day an hope for someone to cancel. It has worked for me in the past, so keeping my fingers crossed.

Call one of the travel guys. I couldn't get in last year, i used the travel guy and they had my trip booked that day. I used jason at mouse counselors http://www.mousecounselors.com/about-us/
In case your interested, i belive they do it part time, so its not instant messaging back and forth, but i was happy to get the days booked i wanted. They were more then great.

Yes, one of the TA's used another guys Ft Wilderness group on FB to secure over 500 of the 800+ campsites. I don't even know how that is possible. The group owner had booked his own trip but could not get the 30th and 31st so he reached out to the TA to help him and she told him basically that she wasn't helping him since he didn't use her first to book the part of his trip that he did manage to get. Ain't THAT some crap? She is picking and choosing who gets the sites as they come available and turning customers away. He made a big post on FB about it this morning and then deleted it but I read the whole thing.

I will NEVER use that TA after seeing how smug they were with people. She'll crash and burn fast with customer service like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried booking my own reservations for Oct 4-18 for the dismeet, thought I would leave open another site for someone else if I could book my own, there were days of the week open but no weekends. They wanted me to take 3 reservations, (a total of $400 in reservation fees) and then keep calling back for the weekends. I took the two, but when the dismeet came up through a travel agent (thanks bama ed) I just booked through them and cancelled my other reservations. I think the locals are taking the weekends up for Galaxy Edge.

so, what's the deal with the travel agents? Is that another route to try if I need to add one night onto an existing reservation?

From what i was told , they just know how to do it. I added a few nights for this year through the place above, and they did it easily. They book one night at a time, then somehow combine them all into on reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!