Halloween 2011. Oct 29th on the Magic

I remember someone on here saying that they were going to have a wipe off board on their door for any changes/msg. Who is that and which stateroom?

Also, do we have all the FE participats staterooms?

I believe its Gail.....glindamood she will be having the wipe off board.

We had our Wish Party last night. Everyone is a bit nuts around here, now. We found out that we get a limo ride to the airport (and home after the trip) - The kids went crazy when they heard that. We've finally got all our cruise documents and we're ready to go.

I mentioned to the kids last night that the weather forecast doesn't look too great for next week. They all responded "So what? We'll be on a Disney cruise!" I was very surprised and excited that that was their response. Usually, my 11 YO can find the dark cloud around any silver lining.

My only weather concern is if we miss GC. We bought tix from Boatswains direct, so I hope they'll refund us if we can't make it. Either way, I'm not going to stress about it.

I'm trying to get some of my surprise stuff finished today. The kids are all off of school tomorrow, so that's when all the packing will get in to high gear.

I've kind of given up on getting a cabin # for Jedi73. Not sure what to do there.

Limo gets here at 8:45am Friday!!!

We had our Wish Party last night. Everyone is a bit nuts around here, now. We found out that we get a limo ride to the airport (and home after the trip) - The kids went crazy when they heard that. We've finally got all our cruise documents and we're ready to go.

I mentioned to the kids last night that the weather forecast doesn't look too great for next week. They all responded "So what? We'll be on a Disney cruise!" I was very surprised and excited that that was their response. Usually, my 11 YO can find the dark cloud around any silver lining.

My only weather concern is if we miss GC. We bought tix from Boatswains direct, so I hope they'll refund us if we can't make it. Either way, I'm not going to stress about it.

I'm trying to get some of my surprise stuff finished today. The kids are all off of school tomorrow, so that's when all the packing will get in to high gear.

I've kind of given up on getting a cabin # for Jedi73. Not sure what to do there.

Limo gets here at 8:45am Friday!!!

Do you have physical tickets for Boatswain or is a credit card "hold". When we are looking into doing Turtle Farm through Captain Marvin they just take our CC to hold the ressie then charge it when we actually get there. We were told that if the ship doesn't dock then they don't charge the card.

FE gifts are officially done!:cool1: Wish we could have done more, but they are cute :cutie:Last night we watched the DCL DVD and the kids were so excited...they cannot wait!

We have started organizing and I have all the kids clothes pretty much picked out and in bag on the floor:laughing: We have to clean our apartment and get it ready for our house/dog sitters...can't leave it a mess!:thumbsup2
Still hoping to do a few more things but it all depends on time. DH is officially off work now:worship: SO glad!!! Cannot believe I will get 11 nights in a row with my husband in the same bed as me:cloud9: (for those who don't know, he works overnights, so I sleep between my mini schnauzer and my bichon frise...and at least one of the boys hops in the bed!);)

Still waiting for Jedi's room number. I just wrote Jedi on the bag...so we will see.

As long as we hit CC, I am fine missing all the ports. We have no plans to get off in Cozumel anyway, but would like to stroll around KW and GC a bit. But I just want to get on that ship and unplug!!!! Gotta load a few more books on my Nook!
So much to do and so little time....but so little time is a good thing:woohoo:

Do you have physical tickets for Boatswain or is a credit card "hold". When we are looking into doing Turtle Farm through Captain Marvin they just take our CC to hold the ressie then charge it when we actually get there. We were told that if the ship doesn't dock then they don't charge the card.

They are purchased and printed via Boatswain's website. I'm not going to get too worked up. We always knew we could have booked it through DCL and taken the risk out. But, DCL would have cost over $500 for our family, the tickets direct from Boatswains were only about $150. I'm just going to plan on the long range weather forecasters being wrong.

Sunny and calm...all week!!!!!

We considered doing Boatswain's too but it seems like you don't get much time there since their last transport back to the ship is like 1:45pm or something....
sailworkless- Hope you guys get to go and look forward to hearing about it!:goodvibes

We considered doing Boatswain's too but it seems like you don't get much time there since their last transport back to the ship is like 1:45pm or something....
sailworkless- Hope you guys get to go and look forward to hearing about it!:goodvibes

We figure that we can just get a taxi if we want to stick around longer. It's not too far from the port, as I remember.

In case you haven't got the call- we are now doing an Eastern due to the hurricane. I'm on the phone with DCL inquiring about Palo ressies and excursions. I will post information when I get it.

Hello everyone!!!! just receives a phone call from disney we are now going to the eastern carribean!!!!!!!!!!!!!! because of hurricane Rena.... we will be visiting st. martin and tortola???!!!!!!! and still going to castaway cay

Here is the email I just got:
October 26, 2011

As you may be aware, the latest reports from the National Weather Service indicate Hurricane Rina is moving through the Western Caribbean. The storm is currently predicted to be near Key West on Sunday. Due to the possible impact of this storm over the next few days in the Western Caribbean, we have modified our course and changed our itinerary to include ports of call a safe distance away from the storm.

Therefore, the October 29, 2011, voyage will set sail for the Eastern Caribbean. The revised itinerary will be as follows:

Saturday – Port Canaveral
Sunday – Day at Sea Formal Night
Monday – Day at Sea Halloween
Tuesday – St. Maarten Pirates IN the Caribbean
Wednesday – Tortola
Thursday – Day at Sea Semi-Formal Night
Friday – Disney’s Castaway Cay
Saturday – Port Canaveral

The safety and well-being of our Guests and Crew Members is our highest priority, and we truly appreciate your understanding regarding this necessary itinerary change due to the current severe weather conditions.

Port Adventures that were pre-reserved in Key West, Grand Cayman and Cozumel will automatically be removed from your onboard account, while those for Castaway Cay will remain as scheduled. Port Adventures for St. Maarten and Tortola may be booked once onboard at the Port Adventures Desk, located on Deck 3, Mid-ship. Any pre-booked services at Palo, Flounder’s Reef Nursery and Vista Spa and Salon reservations will also remain as originally scheduled.

We know this itinerary change will provide you with the first-class experience Guests have come to know and expect from Disney Cruise Line®. With Disney®-themed entertainment offerings, age-specific activities for all and plentiful dining opportunities, our onboard Crew Members are committed to delivering an enjoyable vacation with great Guest service.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-939-2784.

We trust you will have a terrific sailing.

Sincerely,

The Cast and Crew
Disney Cruise Line®

Well, the bright side is we'll still be on vacation. Guess the wife and I will have to wait a bit longer to see if our dollar bill is still taped to the ceiling of Margaritaville.

Just got my email too.. VACATION:cool1: Doesn't matter to me where we cruise too. I would be happy to just go to Castaway Cay, out to sea, back to Castaway Cay, out to sea , again and again!!!!:beach:

Just got my email too.. VACATION:cool1: Doesn't matter to me where we cruise too. I would be happy to just go to Castaway Cay, out to sea, back to Castaway Cay, out to sea , again and again!!!!:beach:

hahah oh I REALLYYYY hope this doesn't happen!! Castaway Cay is just an ok stop for us (food stinks and the ship services are pretty sad while docked at the island) and we do like to get off and walk around in civilization!

hahah oh I REALLYYYY hope this doesn't happen!! Castaway Cay is just an ok stop for us (food stinks and the ship services are pretty sad while docked at the island) and we do like to get off and walk around in civilization!

I agree with you. I'm bummed right now but I am going to try to make the best of it.

FE gifts are officially done!
I will be finishing mine tonight! What a relief! Can't wait to give them out. Fun!

Last night we watched the DCL DVD and the kids were so excited...they cannot wait!
What a great idea. I think I am going to watch it tonight to get me pumped.

We have to clean our apartment and get it ready for our house/dog sitters...can't leave it a mess!
I am soooo happy I have a cleaning lady. She always comes on Fridays so I will be leaving the house clean.

Cannot believe I will get 11 nights in a row with my husband in the same bed as me:cloud9: (for those who don't know, he works overnights, so I sleep between my mini schnauzer and my bichon frise...and at least one of the boys hops in the bed!);)
I worked nights for about 5 months when I became a nurse. That was hard sleeping alone... actually with my cats... and in daylight. Yuck! Enjoy your time together. :banana:

Both Tortola and St Maarten are great ports. This will be the 3rd or 4th time that we have hit these places. My favorite island bar is on St Maarten.

Both Tortola and St Maarten are great ports. This will be the 3rd or 4th time that we have hit these places. My favorite island bar is on St Maarten.

What bar??? Is it the Canadian one? haha

Yeah I am a little bummed... was looking forward to Frozen chocolate covered key lime pie on a stick on Halloween eve (been looking forward to that pie for a year!!!)... and being in Cozumel nearish Day of the Dead.

At least they're giving us Tortola as an unusual port. I am not a fan of St Thomas (it's boring and since it's "in" the US the people aren't even that nice!)... so I am hoping the British Virgin Islands are better!

Yeah I am bumming. I have wanted to go to Key West and have a drink at Captain Tonys. I am a big Jimmy Buffett fan and wanted to hang where he and Hemmingway hung out.

Oh well maybe we will find a place with you all to go sit and have a cold one.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter