Hallmark Movies ❤️ comfort & joy

I watched #Xmas. It's one of those plots based on deception, that I am never fond of. Yet Hallmark likes to have at least one or two per season. Yet, where the deception is usually just the leading man, in this movie, it involves another couple, their business, an international competition and whomever is on social media who entered the competition.

Still we go along with watching these movies each season. However, in this one, the female lead was always one breath away from a nervous breakdown. She was high strung, high emotional maintenance, had mommy and daddy issues she just couldn't get past, and whined throughout the whole movie.

She didn't like or love herself. Her family & friends loved her more than she did herself. Which was the problem with the movie. Why are WE watching someone who doesn't like herself, and because of that is, indeed kind of unlikeable. Her family (and the lead guy) is always around to try to remind us she IS lovable. I do get that IS her lesson in the movie. But, I didn't like watching for 2 hours someone who doesn't like herself. And yeah, I stuck with it. :headache: I felt it just doesn't quite work.

Last edited:
So far the best ones this year have been: All Saints Christmas, Three Wise Men and a Baby, and Ghosts of Christmas Always. Any other standouts for you guys?

I did like the Guardians of the Galaxy Christmas Special.

Did you get a chance to watch the Lindsay Lohan movie on Netflix? How was that?

Late Reminder: (I'm sure all of you pretty much have your DVRs set already for the movies you are interested in. ;) )

There are 4 new Christmas movies premiering tonight.

Last night of Thanksgiving double features on the Hallmark Channel.

SUNDAY, at 6pm ET / 5CT

wreath-1719.gif
Hallmark Channel Double Feature:
wreath-1719.gif

Hallmark Channel: A Christmas Cookie Catastrophe
Re-airs: Thurs 11/27 at 10pm ET
Sat 12/3 at 4pm ET
Starring: Rachel Boston and Victor Webster.
Description: Annie Cooper takes over as CEO of her late grandmother's small-town cookie company and is doing her best to help their struggling business get back on track. That task gets more daunting when her grandmother's secret recipe is stolen during the Christmas party. As Annie tries to crack the case and uncover the culprit she works with Sam, the owner of a local bakery, to recreate the recipe in the hope of saving the company and her job.

AND right after

A Holiday Spectacular at 8pm ET / 7CT
Re-airs: Sun 11/27 at 10pm ET
Sat 12/3 at 2pm ET
Starring: Ginna Claire Mason, Derek Klena, Carolyn McCormick, Eve Plumb and Ann-Margret. Featuring the real Radio City Rockettes.
Description: Set in 1958, follows Maggie who sneaks up to New York City to make her secret dream come true: dancing live on stage in the Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall, putting her high-society wedding plans on hold. (Filmed in New York City and the Hudson Valley region of NY.)

Also at 8pm:

Lifetime: A Christmas Spark at 8pm ET / 7CT
(re-airs 4 hours later, 12:01am <-- Not a typo)
Sat 12/3 at 2pm ET
Fri 12/9 at 10:03 ET <-- Not a typo)
Starring: Jane Seymour and Joe Lando (Jane's leading man in the Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman series.)
Description: A recent widow visits her adult daughter for the holidays. She ends up directing the town pageant where she meets a local bachelor. Executive produced by Toni Braxton.

GAC Family: A Christmas…Present at 8pm ET / 7CT
Re-airs: Mon 11/28 at 12am ET
Tues 11/29 at 8pm ET
Fri 12/2 at 2pm ET
Sat 12/3 at 10am ET
Sat 12/3 at 6pm ET
Starring: Candace Cameron Bure and Marc Blucas.
Description: Also executive produced by Candace. Maggie and Eric are busy parents of teenagers who embark on a trip to the home of Maggie's widowed brother to celebrate Christmas. Everyone has different expectations of the perfect holiday. Through a series of transformative events, Maggie learns to embrace the season. (Filmed in and around Tulsa, OK.)

Last edited:
There is a Netflix movie with Justin Hartley called The Noel Diary. Although it’s not a Hallmark-type Christmas movie, it is really worth watching. Although I can’t remember the name of the actress, she is wonderful in the movie and they have great chemistry together.

The 12 Days of Christmas Eve. I liked it. I thought Kelsey Grammer was a bit stiff/odd at the beginning, one minute an old, miserly curmudgeon, the next smiling and benevolent. It sort of evened out as the story progressed though. The end was very nice.

And I liked the multi plaid outfits.
Watched it earlier today, and we liked it!

I’m watching Time for Him to Come Hime for Christmas. My first thought was Tyler Hynes seems a lot older than the heroine and their other best friend of the same age.

But other than that I did really enjoy the movie! I think Hallmark has a casting issue in general with people playing much younger roles, or with actors who are supposed to be contemporary but there’s an obvious age gap.

That aside, the storyline was good other than the “misunderstanding.” It was nice to see one with some depth.

Well I had to change my channel selections to add Lifetime. I do wish Canada wasn't so far behind in the Hallmark movies but am kind of glad you all watch and recommend the good ones so I know what I can skip. I can't figure out where to watch the 12 Days of Christmas Eve, wondering if it will play later.

Time for Him to Come Home for Christmas will be on next weekend. I have made sure to record it.

So far the best ones this year have been: All Saints Christmas, Three Wise Men and a Baby, and Ghosts of Christmas Always. Any other standouts for you guys?

I did like the Guardians of the Galaxy Christmas Special.
So far my favorite has been The Royal Nanny. I also enjoyed Haul Out The Holley, and a Jolly Good Christmas. I was not the biggest fan of a Maple Valley Christmas.

Just watched The Noel Diary on Netflix - I thought it was decent! A slightly different plot-line than normal (I think it's based on a book). Also watched Menorah in the Middle on Hulu.

A Holiday Spectacular. I thought it was very well done. I could have done without the present day character reminiscing parts, though. I didn't think they really added anything to the story. Except to show off another older actress with a "name". Speaking of which, why is Eve Plumb listed as being in this on Imdb? I must have missed her.

Anyway, I loved the dance numbers and the backstage family/friendships portrayed in this film.

I’m watching Time for Him to Come Hime for Christmas. My first thought was Tyler Hynes seems a lot older than the heroine and their other best friend of the same age.

I thought the same thing. :lmao: He looks older, especially when he has a beard. I thought, "Oh come on, she looks a good 15 years younger than him." Out of curiosity, I looked up their ages. Tyler is actually only one year older than her, at 36. :eek: Her agent was probably stressing that point in trying to her get an audition. ;) But, in the end, it's about what their characters look like. And they didn't look the same age. However, she did really act the part well. So, beyond that it worked out. :thumbsup2

But other than that I did really enjoy the movie! I think Hallmark has a casting issue in general with people playing much younger roles, or with actors who are supposed to be contemporary but there’s an obvious age gap.

Yes, or the stories don't quite fit them. It's nice to keep seeing our favorite "Hall-stars" year to year. Especially the ones that made the cut earlier in the year to the "new Hallmark." Yet, as they age, the writers need to write or find more age appropriate stories for them.

What comes to mind was the recent Andrew Walker movie. He was definitely the star in that. They even gave him a new leading lady. Yet, his role was still a younger man, eager to win his father's approval, especially in business. While someone may want to win his dad's approval at age 90, it was the business part that seemed young to me. They could have tweaked that a bit to fit someone who looks Andrew's age now.

Well I had to change my channel selections to add Lifetime. I do wish Canada wasn't so far behind in the Hallmark movies but am kind of glad you all watch and recommend the good ones so I know what I can skip. I can't figure out where to watch the 12 Days of Christmas Eve, wondering if it will play later.

Time for Him to Come Home for Christmas will be on next weekend. I have made sure to record it.

You sometimes get movies we don't here. Or they end up on other channels we might not watch, like UPtv. Yet, they are good movies. But they just didn't make the cut for Hallmark U.S. or Lifetime. UpTV and GA Family have been showing some movies that have premiered internationally first, (Canada counts,) so they are able to afford the lesser fees to air "already aired somewhere" movies, than paying to premiere a new movie.

Over the summer, I found a couple good movies that Erin Cahill was in, filmed up in Canada, that Hallmark U.S. passed over. Someone posted them on YouTube and I happened upon them. Searching for where they were shown, I found they had aired on your "W" network.

You probably get the delay in showing movies because it may cost less to air them when they are considered "older", maybe even by a couple weeks. Or, more likely, the U.S. channels like to keep the rights for a few weeks as the exclusive place the movies are showing for a while. Kind of like, when a movie is showing in movie theatres, that streaming the movie, DVDs and airing on TV can't happen yet.

12 Days of Christmas Eve is on Lifetime. It premiered here this weekend.

Last edited:
OK, the end of my Christmas movie marathon today - Royal Corgi Christmas. I didn't really like the Prince character, his character was just too (whiney isn't the word), I guess like a petulant child. I was confused at first about the Princess, whether she was a "bad guy" or not.

All that said, I thought it was OK, and, of course, the dogs were cute. The queen, unlike most queen roles, was very natural and believable.

I thought the same thing. :lmao: He looks older, especially when he has a beard. I thought, "Oh come on, she looks a good 15 years younger than him." Out of curiosity, I looked up their ages. Tyler is actually only one year older than her, at 36. :eek: Her agent was probably stressing that point in trying to her get an audition. ;) But, in the end, it's about what their characters look like. And they didn't look the same age. However, she did really act the part well. So, beyond that it worked out. :thumbsup2

Yes, or the stories don't quite fit them. It's nice to keep seeing our favorite "Hall-stars" year to year. Especially the ones that made the cut earlier in the year to the "new Hallmark." Yet, as they age, the writers need to write or find more age appropriate stories for them.

What comes to mind was the recent Andrew Walker movie. He was definitely the star in that. They even gave him a new leading lady. Yet, his role was still a younger man, eager to win his father's approval, especially in business. While someone may want to win his dad's approval at age 90, it was the business part that seemed young to me. They could have tweaked that a bit to fit someone who looks Andrew's age now.
Yes! This was Maple Valley Christmas! It just did not ring true. This should not have been his movie. They should have tailored one to him! Maybe he needs to ask Paul Campbell and Kimberly Sustad to write him one LOL

OK, the end of my Christmas movie marathon today - Royal Corgi Christmas. I didn't really like the Prince character, his character was just too (whiney isn't the word), I guess like a petulant child. I was confused at first about the Princess, whether she was a "bad guy" or not.

All that said, I thought it was OK, and, of course, the dogs were cute. The queen, unlike most queen roles, was very natural and believable.
This is in my DVR, but I'm having a hard time getting excited about a movie with this title...I'll put it on the "B" list based on your review :D

I’m watching Lifetime’s A Christmas Spark with Jane Seymour and Joe Lando. They nailed age appropriate casting and storyline. At least they look in the same range. Well mostly — I know she’s 10 years older but a Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman reunion works for me 🥰

The plot was decent and I enjoyed the performances. This was a grownup winner for me! 🥰🥰🥰

Christmas at the Drive In. I'm not a great fan of Danica, but she's played some good parts. I thought this was one of her better ones. And I loved the whole look of the movie (set design, costumes, etc).

Last edited:

I agree. The Prince walks out of the car with hair reminiscent of a younger Hugh Grant. But, he was in no way the self-effacing, charming, at times humble Hugh Grant. (Remember Hugh Grant played the head of the UK as the Prime Minister in Love Actually.) Instead, I thought the Prince was rather self-absorbed and downright rude at times.

The dogs were cute. :dog: But, this is more of a once and done movie.

I’m watching Lifetime’s A Christmas Spark with Jane Seymour and Joe Lando. They nailed age appropriate casting and storyline. At least they look in the same range. Well mostly — I know she’s 10 years older but a Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman reunion works for me 🥰

The plot was decent and I enjoyed the performances. This was a grownup winner for me! 🥰🥰🥰

Yes, totally agree. Their characters each had a full, past life that informed and affected who they are. They still talked of the present and future, in regards to the age they are. It made their characters and the story fuller.

Jane and Joe also weren't trying to recreate the characters of Dr Quinn and Sully. These were completely different characters. So, if one hasn't seen Dr Quinn, Medicine Woman, this is a stand alone movie.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter