Hakuna Matata -no worries- here's another dining review Update 4/27

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw those up on their website yesterday. Its great you can start planning properly, but keep an eye on them as you know Disney, they tend to change them from time to time.

DF couldn't believe they were up so early, said it was strange that Disney were actually on top for once.

I saw those up on their website yesterday. Its great you can start planning properly, but keep an eye on them as you know Disney, they tend to change them from time to time.

DF couldn't believe they were up so early, said it was strange that Disney were actually on top for once.

I completely forgot to check yesterday, well, I didn't think they would actually have them up on Feb 1st! :rotfl2:

And don't tell me about Disney changing their park hours! :lmao: ;) :rotfl2:
You know about 10 days ago they changed their park hours for February!! Drastically!!
Their EMH at AK changed from 5 - 8pm to 8 - 11pm!! Yip! Unbelievable! Even more unbelieveable - I was able to change our ADR to fit with both schedules! :lmao:
Disney's way to keep me on my toes! :rotfl:

Have a fun day today - I have today off - so it is the perfect day for Disney planning!

Can't wait to hear the reviews from your next trip! We still have 5 months to wait for our next trip so great to read other adventures, especially when its so cold & snowy here!!

Can't wait to hear the reviews from your next trip! We still have 5 months to wait for our next trip so great to read other adventures, especially when its so cold & snowy here!!

Welcome! I am so with you on the snow and cold issue! ;) Same here and I am sick and tired of it!
In the meantime there is nothing better than having Disney food to dream about! :cloud9:

Loved your last report, can't wait for this one!

Glad you liked my last report - great to have you here for the next one! We'll get into the single digit "dance" zone tomorrow! It's getting closer - the excitement is building up! :lmao:

I completely forgot to check yesterday, well, I didn't think they would actually have them up on Feb 1st! :rotfl2:

And don't tell me about Disney changing their park hours! :lmao: ;) :rotfl2:
You know about 10 days ago they changed their park hours for February!! Drastically!!
Their EMH at AK changed from 5 - 8pm to 8 - 11pm!! Yip! Unbelievable! Even more unbelieveable - I was able to change our ADR to fit with both schedules! :lmao:
Disney's way to keep me on my toes! :rotfl:

Have a fun day today - I have today off - so it is the perfect day for Disney planning!

I know, it was just by chance that I looked them up. What are the chances of them doing the same thing next month.

Well hopefully they won't go doing that again, nothing more frustrating than having to change your plans. But at least it worked out ok for you :)

Lucky you with a day off :) Have fun :)

I know, it was just by chance that I looked them up. What are the chances of them doing the same thing next month.

Well hopefully they won't go doing that again, nothing more frustrating than having to change your plans. But at least it worked out ok for you :)

Lucky you with a day off :) Have fun :)

Here's hoping they will post September hours "on time" too! :lmao: - kept me busy all day to organize my first 11 nights of Free Dining!

Day off = Disney planning day! :rolleyes1

Okay, here's today's food update!

What about breakfast options at Olivia's at Old Key West?

IMG_2490.jpg

Omelet - three eggs with your choice of fillings, served with Breakfast Potatoes, choice of Buttermilk Biscuit or Toast

IMG_2491.jpg

Chocolate Mango Toast - topped with powdered sugar and berry compote served with your choice of bacon, ham or sausage - unfortunately they no longer serve this - but it was GOOD!!!

IMG_4801.jpg

Poached Eggs and Hash - served over Sweet Potato and Ham Hash with Toast

IMG_5699.jpg

Grits

IMG_5700.jpg

IMG_5869.jpg

Olivia's Breakfast - Two eggs, Breakfast Potatoes, Toast, Bacon

IMG_5702.jpg

Breakfast Burrito - tortilla-wrapped scrambled eggs, sliced pork loin, ham, Swiss cheese, mustard, and mayonnaise served with breakfast potatoes

Looks like we like breakfast at Olivia's a lot! Hope you all do too! :goodvibes

I think I'm going to try Olivia's for dinner in the fall. I'm planning on trying a lot of the underrated restaurants; Boatwright's, Captain's Grille, Turf Club, and Olivia's.

I think I'm going to try Olivia's for dinner in the fall. I'm planning on trying a lot of the underrated restaurants; Boatwright's, Captain's Grille, Turf Club, and Olivia's.

You won't be disappointed - Olivia's has really good food and we always had good service! We love staying at OKW and have had many breakfasts and lunch and dinner there. Definite :thumbsup2
We loved Boatwrights! The food was really wonderful and the adult drinks were too even though it was loud in the dining room! ;) We hope to get back there in August!
Captain's Grill we only had one meal at, and the waiter just ticked me off :rotfl:, the food was good though.
Turf Club is on my "to try" list in August as well.

We have found that not only can you easily get a ressie at a decent time at an "underrated" restaurant - some of them are truely hidden gems!

You won't be disappointed - Olivia's has really good food and we always had good service! We love staying at OKW and have had many breakfasts and lunch and dinner there. Definite :thumbsup2
We loved Boatwrights! The food was really wonderful and the adult drinks were too even though it was loud in the dining room! ;) We hope to get back there in August!
Captain's Grill we only had one meal at, and the waiter just ticked me off :rotfl:, the food was good though.
Turf Club is on my "to try" list in August as well.

We have found that not only can you easily get a ressie at a decent time at an "underrated" restaurant - some of them are truely hidden gems!
I actually was reading old reviews last night, and your Boatwrights review was one of the ones I read. I hope I have a meal as good as yours.

Thanks for the review on Olivias !!! I have often thought about it !! I will think even harder now !!!!!

Here's hoping they will post September hours "on time" too! :lmao: - kept me busy all day to organize my first 11 nights of Free Dining!

Day off = Disney planning day! :rolleyes1

A Disney Planning day is always the best :)

Wow that Chocolate Mango Toast looks and sounds good, can I have some for breakfast this morning please :goodvibes

I wish Olivia's still had the chocolate mango toast...I would drive out of my way for that little treat!

Are you getting uber excited yet?

I'm so happy you're doing more reviews! Hopefully this will help get me through the next 10 months until I get to go back!

Olivia's looks good! I love grits and poached eggs - yum.

Is Old Key West worth it? I rarely even think about that resort when I am planning our trips but I haven't heard too much about it either.

I actually was reading old reviews last night, and your Boatwrights review was one of the ones I read. I hope I have a meal as good as yours.

Oh, you read my review! And then I go and rave about it again! :lmao: I sure hope, your meal is as good as ours should you decide to eat there.

Oooooh! I am so in!!

Welcome! It's so nice to have you here!

Thanks for the review on Olivias !!! I have often thought about it !! I will think even harder now !!!!!

Think harder about Olivia's = :thumbsup2 :lmao: It definitely is a hidden gem!

A Disney Planning day is always the best :)

Wow that Chocolate Mango Toast looks and sounds good, can I have some for breakfast this morning please :goodvibes

Disney Planning is the best - unfortunately today it was back to business and we had a hell of a day! We had so much snow that some of our country roads had to get closed some time during the day. I was driving with a friend and there was so much snow that when I tried to park my car (to move over to hers as it was her day for driving) I got stuck! Tom had to shovel my car out later in the day! :scared1: NO fun! :sad2:

I wish Olivia's still had the chocolate mango toast...I would drive out of my way for that little treat!

Are you getting uber excited yet?

Make that two of us crying over the lost opportunity of being able to have that toast! ;) It was so good, we often used to go to Olivia's for breakfast and this was my absolute favourite!

Yip, I am getting excited - we hit the SINGLE DIGITS today!!! Unfortunately I still have 60 test books to mark :scared1: (6 pages each) as half term is coming up! So it is hard concentrating on Mickey when I have all that work at the back of my head, but I can't stay away from my pal and my DIS friends for too long! ;)

I'm so happy you're doing more reviews! Hopefully this will help get me through the next 10 months until I get to go back!

Those 10 months will go by quickly! We started our countdown to our summer trip at 11 months and 3 weeks. :rotfl2: ........... and I'll do my best to keep you entertained until it is your turn!

Olivia's looks good! I love grits and poached eggs - yum.

Is Old Key West worth it? I rarely even think about that resort when I am planning our trips but I haven't heard too much about it either.

We had no idea what grits were, :lmao: but the server insisted we tried them - they were indeed very nice! And the poached eggs and hash - oh my - :cloud9:!

Well, is OKW worth it? You can't beat the 942 square feet one bedroom villa with a private jaccuzi and a walk in fridge (we are not used to that size fridges ;))!
Actually I fell in love with it when they showed it in sit coms - it looked just so relaxed and the resort indeed it VERY spread out! In 2006 we got a great AP discount and booked a studio for 2 weeks, then at check in we were upgraded to a 1 bedroom villa. Once we entered the room/villa we were sold on it. :lmao: It was just huge and travelling for 3 - 4 weeks the washer and dryer come in so handy.

Here's the villa layout!

Disney_Old_Key_West_1_Bedroom_Villa.gif

We now book it through the UK Disney Travel Company and usually get a nice discount (around 45% this summer!) AND Free Dining! Just can't beat that!

We've hit the SINGLE DIGITS today!! Only 9 more days and 6 hours until we leave for WDW!!

Okay, I am sort of late today - it's 11.15pm here and I have been busily marking test books, but I cannot leave you all without some more yummy food.

So for today I thought Yak and Yeti would be nice!

IMG_7739.jpg

Dim Sum Basket - Pork pot stickers, shrimp siu mai, cha su bao, and pork sie mai steamed on a banana leaf and some soy lime dipping sauce. We shared that and there was plenty of it!

IMG_3950.jpg

Tempura Shrimp - chili plum sauce, coconut-ginger rice, stir fried vegetables :cloud9:

IMG_7747.jpg

Baby Back Ribs - slow-roasted ribs, hoisin BBQ sauce, chicken fried rice and sweet chili slaw. Tom had them and he gave them a definite :thumbsup2!

IMG_3956.jpg

Mango Pie - shortbread cookie crust, fresh whipped cream, raspberry sauce

And the best dessert they have to offer is .............

IMG_3952.jpg

Fried Wontons - Skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons, vanilla ice cream, honey vanilla drizzle - to die for! :love:

Okay, off to throw in a few hours of sleep now! Have a magical evening everyone!

I want to be at Yak & Yeti NOW!!!!

Sweet dreams, Karin. See you tomorrow for an update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts