Hakuna Matata -no worries- here's another dining review Update 4/27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those mussels at LeCellier were my #1 dish anywhere until they changed the broth. Why mess with such a great dish?:confused3 Coconut milk replacing bacon and potatoes.:rolleyes1

Oooh that rotisserie pork looks quite yummy :) I agree with you on the cold front, think its a CS thing.

Sunshine Seasons is such a wonderful restaurant - and the pork was really good, not dry at all. It is just such a shame that most CS restaurants serve the food not hot enough to really enjoy the HOT food! :goodvibes

Those mussels at LeCellier were my #1 dish anywhere until they changed the broth. Why mess with such a great dish?:confused3 Coconut milk replacing bacon and potatoes.:rolleyes1

They changed the broth? Tom will be really disappointed! :sad2:
We had the Cheese Soup and Chipotle Sausage the last few times we were there and loved them! Have you ever tried dipping the sausage in the soup? :lmao: Wasn't my idea, but one of the servers told us to and he was absolutely right - it is a true yum yum! :cloud9:

Okay, friends - I promised a little food memorabilia every day to build up anticipation until we finally go to WDW!

So today we will visit the Captain's Grill at the Yacht Club Resort

IMG_8469.jpg

Appetizer: Spinach Cheese Dip - Grilled flatbread, chopped onions, tomatoes and bacon

This was truely a delight! The dip was gooey and tasty and the flatbread was still warm - so good!

IMG_8474.jpg

Entree: Market Fish, which was salmon - with colcannon potatoes, Virginia ham, and lemon-butter sauce. I was a bit worried if the ham would be too overpowering with the salmon, but boy was I wrong - this was a match made in heaven!

IMG_8486.jpg

Dessert: New England Blueberry Tart - with yogurt gelato - didn't care for the gelato, if I want gelato I want one that is loaded with creamy calories. :rotfl: but the Tart was heaven! :cloud9:

Would we dine there again? YES - because the food was really good, unfortunately we had really lousy service that evening and we have not returned since then.

More coming up tomorrow!

Hi!:goodvibes I can't wait for your next WDW trip! I love reading your trip reports (and seeing the amazing food pictures!!!!). You have convinced me on Wolfgang Pucks this trip. The food looks delish. :thumbsup2

Oooh...that salmon at Captain's Grill looks really tasty. We've never been there...might have to add it to the list.

I'm so excited to read another one of your reviews! Your last one was truly amazing--I loved it! :thumbsup2

:worship:Ya another review started!!!!:worship:

We leave in 8 days your food pictures make me dance!! :dance3::dance3:

Hi!:goodvibes I can't wait for your next WDW trip! I love reading your trip reports (and seeing the amazing food pictures!!!!). You have convinced me on Wolfgang Pucks this trip. The food looks delish. :thumbsup2

Thank you so much for your kind words! We have so many new restaurants on our list - I can't wait to try them all! ;)
I hope you'll love WPE as much as we do! :thumbsup2

Oooh...that salmon at Captain's Grill looks really tasty. We've never been there...might have to add it to the list.

We discovered the Captain's Grill when we stayed at the Yacht Club and it was still the Yacht Club Galley! I LOVED breakfast there and in 08 we went back for dinner. The salmon was A-mazing!!!!!!!!! Tom had steak and loved it too! Unfortunately we had a server who could not care less. :scared1: ....... and then told me he had never heard of the TiW card before! :rotfl2:

I'm so excited to read another one of your reviews! Your last one was truly amazing--I loved it! :thumbsup2

Thank you! I am glad you liked it! We cannot wait for the new vacation to start - there is lots of snow here and it is COLD, I need some sun and some Disney "nosh"!

YuMMy...can't wait !

Welcome! Just 11 more days and we're off to another food adventure!

:worship:Ya another review started!!!!:worship:

We leave in 8 days your food pictures make me dance!! :dance3::dance3:

How long will you stay and where? We leave in 11 days so we are right behind you! :goodvibes

How long will you stay and where? We leave in 11 days so we are right behind you! :goodvibes

We are there from the 8th to the 15th staying at the Dolphin. We're trying Il Mulino for the 1st time this trip and I can't wait!

I'll say hello if we cross paths!! If not have a great trip!!!:cool1::cool1:

We are there from the 8th to the 15th staying at the Dolphin. We're trying Il Mulino for the 1st time this trip and I can't wait!

I'll say hello if we cross paths!! If not have a great trip!!!:cool1::cool1:

Oh, PLEASE, say Hi if our paths cross! :goodvibes It would be nice meeting you! And have a safe journey and a wonderful stay at WDW!
Can't wait to exchange memories of Il Mulino - we go there towards the end of our trip - it's a first for us too!

Okay, as of now we have 11 days and 7 hours until we leave for WDW

and

Here are today's photos and reviews!

Raglan Road

IMG_7518.jpg

Hockey Pucks - also known as Soda Bread! These things were stale and hard as rock - not even bathing them in Guiness infused oil helped.
Guess these are best used as cannon balls against any intruders! :rotfl2:

IMG_7525.jpg

Kevin's Heavenly Ham - Chef Kevin's signature dish. Oven-roasted loin of ham with an Irish Mist glaze. Served with braised cabbage and creamed potato. Well, this dish redeemed Chef Kevin! :lmao: It was really good - the ham was moist and well seasoned and the cabbage was cooked just right - not boiled to mush, but it had the most wonderful texture and taste and the potatoes were VERY yummo!

IMG_7531.jpg

Dunbrody Kiss - well, it arrived exactly the way it looks on the plate - a little messy. Gordon Ramsay would so have had a nervous fit - :rotfl:
Nice chocolatey dessert - much better than my breadpudding, which arrived lukewarm and DRY as the desert!

Another most unattentive server there - she brought over the bill before she actually served the desserts! :scared1: I do NOT like this!
We swore never to go back and it is on my list for this summer - speak about sticking to what I say! :rotfl2:

I will need to upload a few more never before shown photos to Photobucket for tomorrow - so stay tuned!

Okay, as of now we have 11 days and 7 hours until we leave for WDW

and

Here are today's photos and reviews!

Raglan Road

IMG_7518.jpg

Hockey Pucks - also known as Soda Bread! These things were stale and hard as rock - not even bathing them in Guiness infused oil helped.
Guess these are best used as cannon balls against any intruders! :rotfl2:

IMG_7525.jpg

Kevin's Heavenly Ham - Chef Kevin's signature dish. Oven-roasted loin of ham with an Irish Mist glaze. Served with braised cabbage and creamed potato. Well, this dish redeemed Chef Kevin! :lmao: It was really good - the ham was moist and well seasoned and the cabbage was cooked just right - not boiled to mush, but it had the most wonderful texture and taste and the potatoes were VERY yummo!

IMG_7531.jpg

Dunbrody Kiss - well, it arrived exactly the way it looks on the plate - a little messy. Gordon Ramsay would so have had a nervous fit - :rotfl:
Nice chocolatey dessert - much better than my breadpudding, which arrived lukewarm and DRY as the desert!

Another most unattentive server there - she brought over the bill before she actually served the desserts! :scared1: I do NOT like this!
We swore never to go back and it is on my list for this summer - speak about sticking to what I say! :rotfl2:

I will need to upload a few more never before shown photos to Photobucket for tomorrow - so stay tuned!

I think Nicki described the Soda Bread the same way. :rotfl2::lmao: She also swore to never go back...so far she has stuck to her guns.

Joining in!

Welcome! I am really happy you found us! :goodvibes

I think Nicki described the Soda Bread the same way. :rotfl2::lmao: She also swore to never go back...so far she has stuck to her guns.

Oh, those Soda Pucks were horrible! :scared1: We had Soda Bread when we visited my aunt in London, England and it was wonderful, but Raglan Roads .......... :sad2:
And as for as swearing not to go back - you should have seen Tom's face when I suggested we might go there for lunch during our August/September DxDDP time! We want to do lunches at Restaurants that offer something else than a sandwich and ALL signature dining in the evening (9 restaurants on 9 nights :scared1:)

Yay! I love your reviews!

Thank you - I am so glad you made it here! :goodvibes

Oooh chocolate first thing in the morning, yum :)

Can't get any better than that, can it? :rotfl2:

I just found out that Disney has released their August Park hours, so I am busy making plans for our August visit! 11 nights of Free Dining!!! And I can make those ADRs during our upcoming trip - now really, can it get any better than that? ;) :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter