Hair wrap in for 5 months???

2Pirates2Princesses

DIS Veteran
My cousin and her family went to WDW at the beginning of October and their daughter still has the hair wrap in that she got done during the trip! I was surprised, I thought those hair wraps only stayed in (or people choose to only keep them in) for maybe two or three months at the most, but five months??? I imagine at this point they will just have to cut that part of her hair completely. How long can those wraps stay in for and what is considered an appropriate amount of time?

I can only tell you from my own experience. I left one in for maybe 2 months when I was in college and when I went to take it out the hair it was wrapped around fell out on it's own.

My daughters was in for quite a long time. We went in May and in September we took it out right before she went back to school. So about 5 months. It could have stayed in longer, we were just done with it.

My daughter's was in for about 5 and half months. She even got her hair cut short, but still kept the wrap...:confused3 It finally started unraveling and we finally took it out. Of course she felt it was appropriate for her to cut the strand to the correct length herself--after I told her to get a comb to comb it out first.... o_O

It's when they take a small piece of hair and wrap it with different colors of embroidery thread to make a pattern down the length of the hair. You see them doing it a lot at fairs and stuff - usually a small booth.

My daughter got one last August and it is still in. She still loves it andi t is in god condition so we will see how long it lasts.

A friend of mine went to Disney with her family in late July, her DD10 got a hair wrap and it fell out on it's own in mid-December.

I think it depends on the person doing it also. DD9 got one on New Years Eve at Animal Kingdom and it still looks great. She got another one in Feb. and that one is already starting to come apart.

Photo0509FourBySix.jpg

DD11 had hers in for at least 5 months and it was still good to go.

She would hold it up.....and I would was her hair for her. Every few washes we would wash it as well, so it would be clean but not too faded. Still looked great....but she was tired of it. The hair underneath was fine, when she did take it out.;)

When DD got her first hair wrap she had it in for months and months. She refused to let me take it out. One day she was doing a cart wheel her hand landed on her hair wrap and yep it all came out including her hair. She had a bald spot where her hair wrap was. She was only about 4, her hair was very fine and the spot was pretty noticeable.

When we were at WDW last September she got another hair wrap. This time she gave me no problem and right before Christmas I took it out.

I can only tell you from my own experience. I left one in for maybe 2 months when I was in college and when I went to take it out the hair it was wrapped around fell out on it's own.

This is what happened to my DD twice, thankfully she gets them at the nape of her neck behind her ear so it never showed as a bald spot.

I think it depends on the person doing it also.

We have had great results with the wraps done at DTD. "Appropriate" or not, we leave them in until they start to unravel and have never had an issue with lost hair even after a couple of months.
:hippie:

We have had a few of these once it only lasted a few weeks other times they have stayed for months and we took them out.

I had a very Boho friend :hippie: in High School who taught me how to do this. (very easy, but time consuming), I was thinking about doing this for my DDs before our trip next year, but they are wanting some Disney charms for it. Are the charms they use in the parks Disney, or just decorative like you can get in most craft stores.:confused3

They do not use Disney charms. We had them leave a small ring at the end. She then bought the small disney charms at the gift shops and changed them as she wanted. They charge by the inch and per bead and charm. I think ours was just over $30.

We paid I think around $70 for our two girls who had around shoulder length hair. The wraps lasted from early May to September. I cut them out before the new school year started but honestly could have stayed in longer!

We paid I think around $70 for our two girls who had around shoulder length hair. The wraps lasted from early May to September. I cut them out before the new school year started but honestly could have stayed in longer!

I guess if we decide to do our DD4, we will have to do a short face framing piece. Her hair is almost to her bum and I'm thinking could end up costing us quite a bit for a full length piece.

She's determined to have hair like Rapunzels. :cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!