Hagrid's strategy?

I did this a few weeks ago and it worked out well. We were near the front of the rope drop crowd. Had a blast on Velicoaster first, then went immediately to the line at Hagrids (back by lost continent). The line didn't stay still long, they started walking sometime around 8:30, and first people were on Hagrids right around 8:45. We were on before 9.

We did the same the first week of Jan. We ended up waiting about 60 mins the first day and 75 the second but those were busy days.

We did the same the first week of Jan. We ended up waiting about 60 mins the first day and 75 the second but those were busy days.
Thanks to everyone who posted their experience. If you want to do VelociCoaster or any other part of Hogsmeade before Hagrid’s, definitely line up at the entrance of IoA before 7:40.

This morning, I got in line to the park around 8:00 am and immediately went in line for Hagrid’s at 8:20 am since that’s the time I got to that area of Islands. Keep in mind the Hagrid’s line in the morning lines up near Sinbad, before you enter Hogsmeade. Total, I waited about half an hour for Hagrid’s, but I was mostly near the front of the line the entire time. The line started moving around 8:30, and I was on by 9:00 am. I still think this the best strategy to ride Hagrid’s with under a 40 minute wait, unless you want to do Hogsmeade with fewer people.

Thanks to everyone who posted their experience. If you want to do VelociCoaster or any other part of Hogsmeade before Hagrid’s, definitely line up at the entrance of IoA before 7:40.

This morning, I got in line to the park around 8:00 am and immediately went in line for Hagrid’s at 8:20 am since that’s the time I got to that area of Islands. Keep in mind the Hagrid’s line in the morning lines up near Sinbad, before you enter Hogsmeade. Total, I waited about half an hour for Hagrid’s, but I was mostly near the front of the line the entire time. The line started moving around 8:30, and I was on by 9:00 am. I still think this the best strategy to ride Hagrid’s with under a 40 minute wait, unless you want to do Hogsmeade with fewer people.
Thank-you for sharing this. We will give it a try next week and hopefully have the same success as you

When you enter the park which is the best way to go? Around by Hulk or to teh right? Seems like going to teh right makes more sense but not sure.

The right, through Seuss Landing. During early entry, there are barriers to keep you to the left through Suess area up to the Lost Continent area. Stay as far left through Seuss area as possible, it is the quickest route. Non-EE people are kept to the right then can't continue beyond Seuss area.

How early do you need to get to the entrance of IOA for EE to have the shortest wait for Hagrid’s? 7am? Wondering if it is worth getting the family up at 6am vs getting in line late in the evening before closing.

How early do you need to get to the entrance of IOA for EE to have the shortest wait for Hagrid’s? 7am? Wondering if it is worth getting the family up at 6am vs getting in line late in the evening before closing.
Before 7am and be as close to turnstiles as possible before park opens. I would try doing both.

Before 7am and be as close to turnstiles as possible before park opens. I would try doing both.
So, if park opens at 9:00am, early entry for onsite guests at 8:00am, you're suggesting we get there before 7:00am? I just want to make sure I am understanding this correctly. We are headed to Universal for the first time in 9 days. TIA

So, if park opens at 9:00am, early entry for onsite guests at 8:00am, you're suggesting we get there before 7:00am? I just want to make sure I am understanding this correctly. We are headed to Universal for the first time in 9 days. TIA
Hi - are you an onsite guest? I do not have any experience staying offsite.

On my last trip, DD and I left PBH at a little before 7am to line up for entry to the park. We were probably 15 people from the actual turnstiles, when we were let in headed for Hagrid's.
DD and I got up early most mornings so that we could ride Hagrid's first thing. One of the mornings there was a power outage and it was not operating. We waited around to see what would happen (on those benches by the lockers). We got really lucky and they opened the line just as we were walking away and we got in line. Ended up being first riders of the day - which was awesome!

So I understand this right, the best option is to be at the gate 1 hr before early entry so you can be ready to run to Hagrid's? For me I'm not sure getting up extra early to wait in a 1 hr line at the gate so I don't have to wait in a line at Hagrid's is worth it. I get it, Hagrid's can easily be over an hour wait, but dealing with grumpy family because they had to get up early and then waiting in an hour line anyway just doesn't seem like the best option for my family. I will say we'll have Express Pass so that does influence my decision somewhat.

So I understand this right, the best option is to be at the gate 1 hr before early entry so you can be ready to run to Hagrid's? For me I'm not sure getting up extra early to wait in a 1 hr line at the gate so I don't have to wait in a line at Hagrid's is worth it. I get it, Hagrid's can easily be over an hour wait, but dealing with grumpy family because they had to get up early and then waiting in an hour line anyway just doesn't seem like the best option for my family. I will say we'll have Express Pass so that does influence my decision somewhat.
My thoughts exactly. We will be at Universal next Wed-Sat and not so sure being at the gates at 7am, which means waking up at 6am and walking over from the Royal Pacific is worth it... I love the ride, but the family will get grumpy as the day wears on.

End of day is what has worked best. We managed to get a walk in by waiting right before close last september. If its the weekend though its gonna be rough even with that strat.

We arrive to Universal this Wednesday July 27th and will be heading to IOA in the evening for dinner at Mythos and hopefully a ride on Hagrid's (maybe Velocicoaster too). Does Hagrid's sometimes cut off the line well before closing or do they typically let people in line all the way up to closing time?

We arrive to Universal this Wednesday July 27th and will be heading to IOA in the evening for dinner at Mythos and hopefully a ride on Hagrid's (maybe Velocicoaster too). Does Hagrid's sometimes cut off the line well before closing or do they typically let people in line all the way up to closing time?
I know they sometimes used to close the line early but they would put out signs saying so well in advance. They'll be likea"'wet floor" signs as you approach the area.

I’ve not heard of any rumors. Follow up strategy question. Since we moved our trip to March 2023 (spring break), how would that affect when you would try to ride Hagrid’s? Line up an hour before early entry? Hop in line before park close? I know spring break will be very crowded and maybe more so than late Summer so curious about tips for that time of year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!