Hagrid's strategy?

CJK

DIS Veteran
Now that Hagrid's is no longer included in EPA, what's the best strategy for riding? TIA!

Watch for the wait to be an hour or less and do it. Don't waste any of your early entry on it. Do other things.

Probably the best tip is to hop in line half an hour before closing, but then you take a risk of the ride having issues late in the day and not being open at all. We rode mid-day when the line hit an hour and it took right at that. We got in line near closing when it said an hour and it took about 45 minutes.

So, for EE at IOA, if you also have express pass, what’s the best way to use the EE time? (Besides Velocicoaster?)

So, for EE at IOA, if you also have express pass, what’s the best way to use the EE time? (Besides Velocicoaster?)
We were really just focused on HP stuff this past trip. So we enjoyed lower crowds around Hogsmeade. Did some spells, took some photos, ate breakfast. It's not empty then, but certainly less crowded than later in the day.

I still hate that the three broomsticks outdoor area has been destroyed by Velociraptor. You can't go home again.

I’ll have Express so I was planning to ride Velocicoaster and then head to Hagrid. Any idea how they’re dealing with the queue there?

I haven’t been since the change. Do people try to line up before official park opening? How is Universal handling that?

I haven’t been since the change. Do people try to line up before official park opening? How is Universal handling that?
We haven't been since the change but I think I've seen that they do start letting folks line up before official opening but I'm not sure how long before that starts 😞 - hopefully someone that's been there more recently can help 👍

Would it make sense to do Velocicoaster at 8:00 early entry, and then line up for Hagrid's immediately thereafter? How long would the wait for Hagrid's likely be at that point?

Would it make sense to do Velocicoaster at 8:00 early entry, and then line up for Hagrid's immediately thereafter? How long would the wait for Hagrid's likely be at that point?
That’s what I’m planning to try next week. I’ll let you know how it goes. I’ll have Express and the lines at Velocicoaster haven’t been long enough to tempt me into getting out that early, especially if it’s chilly out.

When I went Monday, MLK day. We met someone who got in Hargids line at 830ish and was off the ride a little after 10. We got in line around like 1045 and it was a 90min wait

Nope 😭 I miss it. It was there in July but not January (idk when they got rid of it, I couldn't go between then)

I did this a few weeks ago and it worked out well. We were near the front of the rope drop crowd. Had a blast on Velicoaster first, then went immediately to the line at Hagrids (back by lost continent). The line didn't stay still long, they started walking sometime around 8:30, and first people were on Hagrids right around 8:45. We were on before 9.

How early did you get to the park to be at the front? I've never gotten to rope drop on time but I'll be there over break with a first timer for 1 day, so I'm hoping to do both these like you did!

How early did you get to the park to be at the front? I've never gotten to rope drop on time but I'll be there over break with a first timer for 1 day, so I'm hoping to do both these like you did!

Day 1: 7:20am, very close to front, like in the pack in front of the ticket booths.
Day 2: 7:40 am, further back behind the ticket booths, but this plan was still dooable, but more waiting.

Be ready to move between 7:50-7:55 am, they opened the gates a tad early each day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!