Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure vs Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Which is the better ride?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Mouseketeer
Hagrids-Magical-Creatures-Motorbike-Adventure-Coaster.jpg

Haven't ridden ROTR yet - hopefully during our Disney trip in late April - so not qualified to vote BUT it's really going to have to be something to beat Hagrid's for me - Hagrid's is my absolute top favorite ride ever :jumping3: - I'd stay on that bike all day if they'd let me, LOL!

Hagrid's all the way. It has technology never done on a coaster before and it's awesome. Subtracting the preshow elements, Rise is a combination of things we've seen before. It's definitely one of the better trackless rides as it doesn't feel like you're touring a warehouse like Runaway Railway. I'm not really a fan of either IP so that doesn't sway my vote in either direction.

I’m a huge HP nerd Star Wars I like fine but not a huge fan.

But I voted Rise, I feel in the story in rise, with the CMs and al, Hagrids trys but I don’t feel in the story like on Rise. I love Hagrids, but would pick Rise if I had to pick.

So very different. It’s like apples and oranges. They are both wonderful
I really am a big fan of both of the IPs. I have twin 9 year old daughters who really like Harry Potter and the roller coaster is top notch. However ROTR is top notch and was one of my twin daughters favorite ride. She was Dressed up as Ray and was interrogated. It was well worth the wait. We are going back in August and most likely will not be riding either.

We have two free days at universal (hurricane redux) so might ride hagrids but do really see us waiting for 60+ minutes. We also are doing 2 days at DW and the kids picked animal kingdom. Their favorite ride hands down is Everest. And my husband and I picked Epcot. We want to explore world showcase and ride galaxy (my favorite ride) and test track (my husband’s).

Totally different rides. Hagrids s an amazing coaster, and so much fun.
But, Rise could be split into several different rides and each would be amazing. I love both, but if I had to choose, it would be Rise, for all the different experiences and the length of the ride.

We didn’t even get to see the Hagrid’s Pre show so that may taint my view but Rise is just incredible in scale and immersion. The story follows you from signing up to disembarking. Hagrid’s is fun but not as immersive (you can see people in line while you’re on the ride and see bits of other areas and the track of course).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter