Hagrid's Coaster Queue Updates / Questions / Reviews

I just don't understand why they're doing it that way. During opening weekend, they had fencing set up so that it was a narrower pathway that prevented people from passing each other (and let them fill up most of the line right away without having to hold the crowd at Seuss).

It's unsafe for people to run, but with the current system, it's the only way to get on the ride quickly, so Universal is causing it to happen - they're telling people not to run with their words, but their actions (doing nothing to enforce that) tell people to do the opposite. Universal is not helpless here - they are causing the running by not having a better system in place.

It's also utterly unfair to anyone with physical/health difficulties that make it impossible to run. Bad enough that they're punishing those of us who choose to follow the rules, but they are making it impossible for someone with a cane or wheelchair, etc. to get to the ride in the front of the group, no matter how early they are at the gate.

It would be such an easy fix - either put the extra fencing back up and keep people in a line right from the start, or at least block off one of the two paths through Seuss and actually walk the group back to the line the way they do at Disney. This free-for-all is dangerous and unfair and starts off a lot of peoples' days with a bad taste in their mouth (for missing out because they're trying to do the right thing). And it's just totally unnecessary.
I was at Universal when Gringotts opened and I had broken my foot and my husband was pushing me in a wheelchair. We got there insanely early, front of the line and everyone just ran by us. It was heartbreaking knowing we'd be so far in the back of the line after waiting for so long. Until we rolled up to the line and a cast member told us to follow her to the handicap entrance. The look on everyone's face as we rolled right by the line and into the front of the line was priceless. We didn't ask to go in front, that is what they did then at this ride. We were so happy that everyone who ran by us and actually bumped our young children as they did watched us roll right by. So I'm hopeful they still treat people who are handicap or injured the way we were treated that morning. We did not have an assistance pass and never used one the time we were there.

I was at Universal when Gringotts opened and I had broken my foot and my husband was pushing me in a wheelchair. We got there insanely early, front of the line and everyone just ran by us. It was heartbreaking knowing we'd be so far in the back of the line after waiting for so long. Until we rolled up to the line and a cast member told us to follow her to the handicap entrance. The look on everyone's face as we rolled right by the line and into the front of the line was priceless. We didn't ask to go in front, that is what they did then at this ride. We were so happy that everyone who ran by us and actually bumped our young children as they did watched us roll right by. So I'm hopeful they still treat people who are handicap or injured the way we were treated that morning. We did not have an assistance pass and never used one the time we were there.

I've been going back and forth whether or not on December trip whether friend and I should be making a beeline for Hagrids after I get my assistance pass. And the running comments had pretty much leaning towards just starting over at Diagon Alley since between my walker and my friend being a slow mover, in general, we would get outrun even if I sent my friend to follow the crowd while I pick up the pass. But that comment about Gringotts is making me second guess that decision. Oh well at least we have sometime to decide this since I doubt the running behavior will have died down at all by December.

This may have been asked somewhere in the previous 32 pages but I do not have the time to read thru all of them :confused3 soooooo we are going to have 2 pre-teen kids with us. With the long wait time is there consideration to take kids from line for bathroom breaks or is it you leave you cannot go back in?

There is a restroom in front of the Sinbad theater that is dedicated only to those in line (at least it was on my two visits). They also had water jugs and cups set up along the line for free and a couple places where you could buy bottled drinks. Once you go past the lockers and get into the "real" queue for Hagrid's, though, it would be pretty difficult to get in and out of line for the bathroom.

On my last visit, they did have a pretty extensive shouted speech right before releasing everyone explaining that the ground was wet and that for safety reasons everyone needed to walk and not run. They repeated this multiple times in the 15 minutes leading up to the release and it had absolutely no impact on the runners.

There were, I think 4-5 TMs at the holding place leading into Seuss, but they stepped out of the way when they released the crowd, a few more TMs at the entrance to the holding area at Sinbad, and some TMs getting ready at shops and other areas along the route in between, but no one doing anything to actually lead/control the line other than occasional shouts of "please don't run".

This was exactly my experience in July. They gave very stern warnings about running before the suess landing release and explained that the surface was wet and slippery. Many people run anyway.

One day the inevitable happened and a young teenage girl took a pretty bad fall. While it was stupid for her to run I didn’t like the reaction from some others who laughed at her and told her off, yelling at her etc. The poor crowd control just brings out the worst in some people.

That being said, me and my family walked briskly and tried to ignore the chaos. Yeah, a lot of people ran past us and we saw a lot of line cutting but still had a pretty short wait.

I’ll be traveling with my 75 year old mother. Mind you, she is a fit 75 year old and can walk rings around most people. However, I know that she wouldn’t be able to run to Hogsmeade, nor would I want her to. So, I’ll be looking at alternatives to riding in the morning unless things change.

It’s not looking good for us today. Between the mechanical delay this morning and weather, we likely won’t get to ride. :sad1:
I will be SO upset if that happens to us. We've spent like $700 on ONE DAY just to ride this ride

I've been going back and forth whether or not on December trip whether friend and I should be making a beeline for Hagrids after I get my assistance pass. And the running comments had pretty much leaning towards just starting over at Diagon Alley since between my walker and my friend being a slow mover, in general, we would get outrun even if I sent my friend to follow the crowd while I pick up the pass. But that comment about Gringotts is making me second guess that decision. Oh well at least we have sometime to decide this since I doubt the running behavior will have died down at all by December.

I would imagine the "fire" won't be around by then. By December I would imagine people shouldn't be running and ramming into each other in order to get onto the ride as that's months away.

I would imagine the "fire" won't be around by then. By December I would imagine people shouldn't be running and ramming into each other in order to get onto the ride as that's months away.

That's what I'm hoping but I also remember my friends talking about the first year of opening of the Hogsmeade section and the wall of people when they did the January trip and were leaving after EE. Which I only have vague memories of from a trip from that same time period if I'm being honest. Probably better to just keep an eye on how its going which is what I was planning to do anyway. I haven't done a December trip to Florida in years, did DL/UH last year around the same time so I'm somewhat familiar with theme parks at this time of year just not Florida.

It’s not looking good for us today. Between the mechanical delay this morning and weather, we likely won’t get to ride. :sad1:

I've been in the queue for 2 hours and the rides been down for nearly all that time.

Weather doesn't look like it's gonna be improving anytime soon

That's what I'm hoping but I also remember my friends talking about the first year of opening of the Hogsmeade section and the wall of people when they did the January trip and were leaving after EE. Which I only have vague memories of from a trip from that same time period if I'm being honest. Probably better to just keep an eye on how its going which is what I was planning to do anyway. I haven't done a December trip to Florida in years, did DL/UH last year around the same time so I'm somewhat familiar with theme parks at this time of year just not Florida.

I do not know if there was a "wall of people" that were running into the area, or just happened to be just a "wall of people" all around there, but Hogsmeade in general is an overly crowded place period. When I went to the parks my plan was to always go to Hogsmeade first in the morning if I wanted to anything over there. Now that Hagrid's coaster has came out, the crowd might be intense no matter what.

Hosgmeade has always had congestion issues due to the fact that it's a narrow walk way with really no place to escape since there isn't other walk ways, or the amount of shops to go into unlike Diagon Alley.

My daughter and I got to the gates this morning just before 7:45. We were about 19 people back from the gates. They opened the gates at 8:30. We lost some position heading into Suess landing, as one of the people in front of us had trouble with their ticket. They let us go from Suess about 8:45/8:50. The running began, but my daughter I tried to just “walk with purpose” and we made it into the extended queue and then the actual queue without stopping. We actually kept moving pretty steadily right to the last room, where the single Rider line meets up with the end of the stand by line, and were two groups from heading into the loading room when the mechanical issue shut down the ride. We waited out the issue, which ended up being a little more than an hour, and we’re off the ride at 10:50.

It was amazing! My 12 year old said it was definitely worth it - best ride ever. I’m not sure I would have been happy about the wait if we weren’t staying at the Hard Rock, and therefore had express pass for the rest of the rides. But because we knew we’d have minimal Waits everywhere else, and we’re SOCLOSE to the loading room, there was no way we were leaving.

They did let people Leave the line for the bathrooms during the delay, and gave special tickets so they could come back to their place. But you had to climb over lots of people
To get there!

We plan on spending 1/2 a day the first Wednesday of Sept. Our only goal is to ride Hagrid’s. We spent 2 days last December and will have a 1 night/2 day stay this coming December. Surely we will be able to ride in 2019!

looking at the radar and forecast, I may just wait and go next week. Don't feel like getting caught in it

We will be in town as of this weekend, and though we have nothing planned for Saturday right now, we will probably just wait and do the Universal parks later in the week. I'm hoping with visits planned for Wednesday and Thursday we'll have some luck riding this one twice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!