"Guess who`s back"...3 Return for 3 Weeks @ RPR. Parks, KSC with lots of good food and fun...A May 2023 TR

Okay I must comment again. That buffet:worship: I'm not a foodie and really not much of an eater but wow some of that looks so good!!!

Tink, it really was amazing and I didn`t post half of what they had on offer there!

They certainly do know how to do a good buffet, so yes, we are looking forward to that one again..... :wave2:

Great to see you have your new trip report up and running. I’am a bit late to the party, but I’am along for the ride for sure.

Your trip reports are always so well written and full of fun information on Universal and everywhere in between.

It was your trip reports that have pushed me and I‘am going to guess many of us that read them out of our comfort zones to reach out of the Resort and Park bubble and explore. That‘s a good thing.

So good to hear Kyle is coming along for the trip. The time spent with our children is so precious. When you have them one on one with you on vacation it is such a special time. You can always tell by your pictures how happy you all are to be together.

Happy belated Mother‘s Day to you.

169D45D7-FA5D-494B-9A33-709E452EA82D.gif

Gentle hugs as you remember your sweet Lindsey. She will always live on in your heart, words and photos :hug:

The Mother‘s Day buffet at Amatista looks amazing. Nothing wrong with celebrating Mother‘s Day twice.

Great to see you have your new trip report up and running. I’am a bit late to the party, but I’am along for the ride for sure.

Your trip reports are always so well written and full of fun information on Universal and everywhere in between.

It was your trip reports that have pushed me and I‘am going to guess many of us that read them out of our comfort zones to reach out of the Resort and Park bubble and explore. That‘s a good thing.

So good to hear Kyle is coming along for the trip. The time spent with our children is so precious. When you have them one on one with you on vacation it is such a special time. You can always tell by your pictures how happy you all are to be together.

Happy belated Mother‘s Day to you.

View attachment 747992

Gentle hugs as you remember your sweet Lindsey. She will always live on in your heart, words and photos :hug:

The Mother‘s Day buffet at Amatista looks amazing. Nothing wrong with celebrating Mother‘s Day twice.

Thank you Robbie, always glad to see you post here.

Yes, spending time as a family is the most important thing in the world for us and we enjoy each others company so much which is a good thing when you spend a whole trip together, something we always look forward to, I know you and other mums understand that.

Thank you too, we`ll never forget Lindsey.

Oh I`ll celebrate anything......lol....so two Mother`s Day`s sounds perfect!!!

One place we will be going back to is Eddie V`s on Sand Lake Road, or Restaurant Row as most folks know it. It`s around a 10 minute drive from the hotels so it`s very handy.

We first went there after being slightly disappointed in Ocean Prime across the street and we were glad we did as it was so much better, just as noisy inside though I have to say, there`s something about all these places that just seem to have their noise level elevated, but we do still enjoy it.

i-ZNNm972-X2.jpg

This is one of those very nice places that give you an extra special welcome, the staff are very nice and the restaurant is large but very open and friendly looking too.

They have a little oyster bar you can sit at too, we`ve never done that but probably should at some time, although I`d be eating on my own there!!!

There is also a very nice bar area which is always mobbed, I think we managed to get a seat there once to have a drink, but their happy hour is very popular!

Even their bread service is a little bit nicer, and we do like their spicy and salty butter they give you.....

i-vRCPRmF-X2.jpg

We absolutely love seafood of any kind and enjoy anything that`s on offer, and one evening we did order the shellfish tower, which I have to admit isn`t as huge here as it is in some other restaurants. Ocean Prime for example is absolutely huge and we probably wouldn`t be able to eat anything else if we got that, but this one is a good size for two.

We had lobster and crab on top then shrimp and oysters on the lower level....although Tom told me the shrimps were his as he wasn`t touching the oysters.....I did get one though, he`s not harsh at all!!

i-2BFs8HK-X2.jpg

i-fMFDjsn-X2.jpg

i-nwjxxRv-X2.jpg

I have to say it was absolutely gorgeous and would happily get it again, but they have so many lovely appetisers here and I`m spoilt for choice really.

The Ahi Tuna Tartare is amazing and one of the nicest appetisers I`ve had before, someone told me this is unavailable right now, but I hope to get it next time we go it comes with Avocado, Mango, Citrus with Light Curry and a very nice Sesame Oil, the little pitta toasts I wasn`t fond of as they were too hard for me.

i-8VhmzRt-X2.jpg

Can`t beat a Shrimp Cocktail and the shrimp here are huge!!! And be careful if you try their Atomic Horseradish......it bites!!! I love spice, but this is a step too far for me, I do taste a teeny tiny bit....because if someone tells me something will be too hot to try and maybe I shouldn`t......:upsidedow

cv34-S.jpg

i-j9t72fv-X2.jpg

And they give you a splodge of the horseradish with several of the appetisers including the oysters. They do have a lovely selection of oysters and depending on your tastes they will have mider or stronger flavours to suit. The waiters are excellent at choosing what they thing you`ll like if you don`t know. I always choose the strongest flavour they have.

i-6KbWVc6-X2.jpg

Tom says he`s quite dull with his appetisers in Eddie V`s, he always gets the Lobster Bisque and it is gorgeous, for me it`s the nicest I`ve tasted, Tom prefers The Palm`s version flavour wise, but for some reason gives him the worst heartburn, something no other version does, so they must add something different that affects him that way.

i-CZzgphd-X2.jpg

More oysters.....they will offer half an app if you`re not sure if you`ll like them or not, and I think you can just get one if you like too.

i-QsdbZMz-X2.jpg

Usually steak is our meal of choice here, their steaks are incredible and we`ve never once had to send them back, perfectly looked always, but last year I decided to try the Scallop entree and it didn`t disappoint.

This is also a dish you can have a smaller version of 3 scallops as an enhancement to any entree and I did that and loved it, so I knew I`d like the meal.

I think I cook scallops really well, but I`ve never had them as perfect as these ones. Just cooked and no more and the light brown butter sauce was beautiful, I omitted the almonds as I don`t like them and the dish didn`t miss them.

i-s8zv9fh-X2.jpg

Tom gets a different steak every visit usually, I`m the predictable one here as I always get the filet....always medium rare or rare. They are among the nicest steaks we have had over here.

I do think though the steaks don`t picture well in a lot of restaurants and the lighting is usually the reason and their 8oz steak which is the one I always get looks teeny in pictures!! But, it is a good size....I know Kyle will go for the 12oz when we go, he loves a big steak but the filet is his steak of choice so gets the biggest one on offer wherever we go.

i-jJrMdkg-X2.jpg

i-Wj8RZN9-X2.jpg

Up until our last visit we always got their au gratin potatoes as our side dish, and always to share as it is very large and enough for three easily, it is lovely but for me, maybe a little too much cheese.....my guys however love cheese and there`s no such thing as too much for them.

i-Qbkd8c7-X2.jpg

Buuuuuttttt.......this last visit we discovered what might be my favourite side dish yet......

Crab fried rice with mushrooms and scallions.......😍

I don`t even like rice that much, it`s something we very rarely eat at home, but someone suggested we try this instead of the potatoes and we were so we got it.

It was buttery, fragrant and probably the only side dish I`ve ever thought I could eat as an entree, it was so good....and had plenty of crab on it too!

i-g6DNBhq-X2.jpg

Like a lot of good restaurants, they do special occasions very well and will make you feel extra special whatever you are celebrating.

We`ve been here for a normal dinner and we`ve had several of my birthday`s and our wedding anniversary too, it`s the little touches that mean the most and sprinkling red rose petals on the table was one that was so pretty.

We very rarely have room for any kind of dessert here, but they do have a signature dish they`ll present to you for a celebration and it`s quite a little show as they set the dish alight on your table, it does look good.

i-sdtGj24-X2.jpg

i-FfKmSGc-X2.jpg

i-675bHbD-X2.jpg

I hate bananas and one of the little sample dishes is their signature dish of Bananas Foster Butter Cake, Tom will eat this part of the dish and the chocolate part too...I got the raspberry sorbet.

i-VGS3ZFN-X2.jpg

We did once get a regular dessert to share and it was the creme brulee which was gorgeous and I`d happily get it again, but it is one of our favourite desserts anyway.

i-tds8LxX-X2.jpg

There are so many higher end restaurants along this area and other areas too but Eddie V`s is one of the nicest we`ve enjoyed last few years not only for the food but the service is definitely up there as the best there is.

The food is faultless, it has been perfect every single time we`ve gone there

This is one of the few places we will make a reservation for as it does get incredibly busy every night of the week, but we won`t make it till a few days before as we don`t know what we`ll be doing anytime soon, and we just don`t like planning anyway.

So, this is another place we are really excited visit again....and now I`m hungry for something nice to eat!!!

i-ns5c9HJ-S.gif

im-so-happy-5a7391.jpg

Emotion11.jpg

You`d think my friends would know me by now....but, one asked me this morning as we enjoyed a facial together.....had I started packing yet, then immediately said, cancel that forgot who I was speaking to!!

But I am beginning to think I`m a little less organised this trip than for previous ones, Tom is excellent at reminding me I have everything in place except for the last minute things like our NHS upload to show our Covid vaccinations and boosters are in place and an Attestation form which is what airlines insist on you fill in before you fly just reiterating you are vaccinated.

I think that may be ending after we depart, but haven`t kept up to date with the latest, I just know what we do have to still fill in before a flight. So that`s all in place, but maybe I`m being too laid back about this trip and maybe should plan a little!!!

Tom and one of our friends have set me a challenge I already know I`m going to fail......🥴

It is a ridiculous challenge, I would say that of course.......but, they`ve said I should take half the clothes I usually take and only take 3 dresses!

i-GpwsfFk-Th.gif

What!!!! Why!!!! That was my initial repsonse but they went on to explain why it made sense.....and it did kinda.....but, no way, ain`t never gonna happen, but I did say I would try to take less than usual as my suitcase is always so darn heavy.

We are entitled to take two cases each to be checked in at around 50lbs each and a decent sized hand luggage for the cabin, but trying to pull 2 each, hand luggage and a bag.....well, doesn`t sound too appealing, maybe on the way home!! I do find one large case can just about do me ok although I do tend to split our clothes between both cases, this year we have a third with Kyle and I am already eyeing up extra space in his!!! I think I`ll get told to bugger off there!!!!

But as anyone who has read one of these TR`s before, I have and always will pack the day before we leave. It`s easy and doesn`t take long to pack at all....some folks say it adds to the excitement.....trust me, we`re plenty excited as it is 🥰 each to their own.

Our car service doesn`t pick us up till around 8.30/9am so we would technically have time in the morning, but the day before is fine. I don`t blame folks for packing early of course as it is fun to do!

We still haven`t planned anything.....we have plans to meet up with a couple of folks including our lovely new friend D who has the Johnny Depp signature tattooed on her ankle.....she is such a lovely lady and we are so pleased we were lucky enough to meet and become friends.

I still have to check where a couple of friends are going to be and if we can meet up.....keisha I`m looking at you......☺️ I can`t remember if we spoke about May or November???? I`m claiming brain fade from me......I am a little forgetful right now!

No real updates this post, but although it`s not 5 weeks till we fly till tomorrow, it`s 5 weeks till we leave for our overnight and that`s something to celebrate!!

It’s 5 o’ clock somewhere……..:)

88D02CC9-B4CB-4768-A6E1-BEA83F09322B.jpeg

Longhorn Steakhouse
Really funny because I thought of you when I was on a recent trip, I think it was in LA. We actually saw a longhorn (cow) and someone said "OMG there's a longhorn" and in my mind all I could think was "oh that's what Longhorn Steakhouse is named after" lol...I still haven't tried this place lol
but these places should be able to cook a steak as you ask.
Any place with steakhouse in the name should know how to cook a steak!
One place we introduced Kyle to back in 2018 was the Ale House on Kirkman. It was somewhere we had always enjoyed on our own and as they did a steak we were sure he`d like it too.
Funny last time I was in FL we ordered takeout from this place and I remember it having a great menu and something for everyone. We have a hard time agreeing on restaurants when my whole family is together, so a place like this does well for us!
It was buttery, fragrant and probably the only side dish I`ve ever thought I could eat as an entree, it was so good....and had plenty of crab on it too!
This looks delicious...I'm not a big mushroom fan but I'd still try it for that crab!
I don`t blame folks for packing early of course as it is fun to do!
I usually start packing way early, but then the day before end up taking it all out and repacking and trying to remove some and lighten the load!

Really funny because I thought of you when I was on a recent trip, I think it was in LA. We actually saw a longhorn (cow) and someone said "OMG there's a longhorn" and in my mind all I could think was "oh that's what Longhorn Steakhouse is named after" lol...I still haven't tried this place lol

Any place with steakhouse in the name should know how to cook a steak!

Funny last time I was in FL we ordered takeout from this place and I remember it having a great menu and something for everyone. We have a hard time agreeing on restaurants when my whole family is together, so a place like this does well for us!

This looks delicious...I'm not a big mushroom fan but I'd still try it for that crab!

I usually start packing way early, but then the day before end up taking it all out and repacking and trying to remove some and lighten the load!

lol.....I sometimes think it`s so easy to miss the obvious sometimes!! I think I said before some longhorns are better than others and as of right now the one I would still avoid is the one on I Drive....I`m still hearing horror stories from most folks that go there.

Yes, if you sell steak, you should be able to cook it properly. Eddie V`s for us so far is the best overall for perfection and yes, that rice is just wow! Up until recently I had to avoid mushrooms, but they`re back on the menu now and I`m really enjoying them again and to be fair there weren`t hundreds of mushrooms in there so it would be easy to pick them out.

I so agree!!! I did try to pack ahead of time once......but, I found I just ended up clearing the cases out and starting from scratch so I knew everything was there......so I stick to last minute.......suits me :)

Oh Tom......don't you know it’s silly to only pack 3 dresses (three pairs of shorts I can see especially if there are demin or dress shorts because you can always wear those multiple times)

lol….he was being egged on by his friend who’s wife has 8 times the clothes I have, so he was teased right back! All good fun……

That‘s what laundry rooms are for and I genuinely don’t mind doing laundry on a long vacation….I’m odd apparently ::yes::

I also hit the hotel laundry room at least halfway through my trip and then again sometimes the day before leaving. I agree, it makes it so much nicer to have fewer items to wash when unpacked.

I am with you on this - I would rather do it on vacation and not have as much to do when I get home, it makes coming home not as painful when you don't have a mountain of laundry to deal with lol!

Is it bad I wash it all again when I get home too...... 🥴

Our clothes are in suitcases for far too long to just leave them and hang them back up when we get home, so I do just empty them out in the laundry room and before we get to bed, I have got the washing machine on. I know, I need help for that.......lol.....

I also hit the hotel laundry room at least halfway through my trip and then again sometimes the day before leaving. I agree, it makes it so much nicer to have fewer items to wash when unpacked.

Yep, it really doesn`t take too long to do it, and we have the time, so why not.....

I`m someone who genuinely enjoys laundry, I get that from my mum! She would have made a wonderful housekeeper in a different life!!

Is it bad I wash it all again when I get home too...... 🥴

Our clothes are in suitcases for far too long to just leave them and hang them back up when we get home, so I do just empty them out in the laundry room and before we get to bed, I have got the washing machine on. I know, I need help for that.......lol.....
Nope I’m the same way! Wash them all!

Nope I’m the same way! Wash them all!

lol....I love when I can say.....see, it`s not just me!!!!

My excuse is, yep I shouldn`t need one 🥴 but, our clothes are in suitcases about 8 hours before we fly home, it`ll be longer this year as out flight home is so late, then the length of the flight, however long it takes to get through passport control/luggage pick up and breakfast, then our long drive home......yep, they need washed again!!

Hope you`re doing ok.....I`m not sire if you have any trip plans sorted for this year yet??

lol....I love when I can say.....see, it`s not just me!!!!

My excuse is, yep I shouldn`t need one 🥴 but, our clothes are in suitcases about 8 hours before we fly home, it`ll be longer this year as out flight home is so late, then the length of the flight, however long it takes to get through passport control/luggage pick up and breakfast, then our long drive home......yep, they need washed again!!

Hope you`re doing ok.....I`m not sire if you have any trip plans sorted for this year yet??
I’m doing good just really busy!

And we do have a trip planned but we are still sorting out stuff! I would’ve started my trip report already but between me being busy and everyone finding out stuff I needed to take a step back!

Looking forward to hearing about this trip!

I’m doing good just really busy!

And we do have a trip planned but we are still sorting out stuff! I would’ve started my trip report already but between me being busy and everyone finding out stuff I needed to take a step back!

Looking forward to hearing about this trip!

Crikey that sounds a little complicated, trips aren`t supposed to be that hard!!

Hope you get it all worked out, but glad you`re doing ok and being busy is always good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter