Guardians to replace UoE and Ratatouille coming to Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

rteetz

DIS Veteran
Guardians of the Galaxy will be coming to Walt Disney World at Epcot in the former home of Universe of Energy which will close on August 13th, 2017. Ratatouille will also being arriving and be an addition to the France pavilion. Both attraction will open in time for the Walt Disney World 50th anniversary.

rat2340987FI.jpg guar0874324.jpg guar2340498.jpg

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...laxy-ratatouille-attractions-coming-to-epcot/

More on Guardians of the Galaxy coaster!

Minutes ago at D23 Expo Japan, we shared a first look at Epcot’s highly-anticipated “Guardians of the Galaxy”-themed attraction – and yes, it’s a roller coaster!

With the “Guardians of the Galaxy”-inspired coaster, we’re going big. This one-of-a-kind family attraction will be one of the world’s longest enclosed roller coasters when it’s added to Future World at Epcot. It’ll feature a unique story currently being created by Walt Disney Imagineering and include a new innovative ride system that’s guaranteed to “wow” guests.

The “Guardians of the Galaxy”-inspired coaster is part of our ongoing work to transform Epcot into a place that’s more family, more relevant, more timeless and more Disney. “As we build upon its core mission of optimism and hope to inspire the world, the real will become fantastic and the fantastic will become real—in whole new ways at Epcot,” Bob Chapek, Chairman of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, said.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/02/d23j-update-guardians-of-the-galaxy-at-epcot/

Last edited:

It is supposed to be a coaster.
That's what I thought, the concept art didn't seem to show past the Energy pavilion. Glad that's being reused. Don't judge but I hugged it goodbye when I was there. Cast Members walked by, I told them what I was doing, and then they let me go on with business. Surprised I didn't get in trouble for stepping over the rope since it was like 8:00 when I did this

It'ss taking me a while too. I seriously need to go to Google Maps now and look at the Tron site as well as this

I think the Tron area is the smoking area, the back path between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland, and backstage/non-park areas. It basically means you will be able to see it from the monorail, Poly, GF, and Contemporary, just like you can see Space Mountain. The entrance path will be between the Speedway and to the left of the Tomorrowland Power Co, aka Space Mountain exit through the gift shop.

I think the Tron area is the smoking area, the back path between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland, and backstage/non-park areas. It basically means you will be able to see it from the monorail, Poly, GF, and Contemporary, just like you can see Space Mountain. The entrance path will be between the Speedway and to the left of the Tomorrowland Power Co, aka Space Mountain exit through the gift shop.
That's what I thought, that pathway being home to it. I also wanted to look and see it space wise since permits weren't filed yet. Just looking at Google Maps and the concept art for Ratatouille, the location is correct but those are completely different buildings in comparisons

I may be in the minority but Guardians does not belong in Epcot. How do you say that you want to stay true to the original vision of Epcot then announce Guardians?

I don't think you are in the minority. However, I went to Epcot within the first 2 years it was opened, and it still pales today in comparison to that. I love it; it's my favorite park. However, it started moving away from it's original intent a while ago:(

At least guardians in Epcot means tower in studios is safe. I know that rumor died off a while ago, but I'd rather see Ellen axed instead of twilight zone
The thought just came to me, at least this Epcot closing is losing one IP for another. Problem is, I like jeopardy, and it is one of those "technically it is an IP since of "Bill Nye the Science Guy and that 90s sitcom Ellen synergy and jeopardy" where thinking of it made me realize I was really stretching it. Just trying to say I guess I'm going to hate if people are going to bash it for being an IP in Epcot when technically it already

The thought just came to me, at least this Epcot closing is losing one IP for another. Problem is, I like jeopardy, and it is one of those "technically it is an IP since of "Bill Nye the Science Guy and that 90s sitcom Ellen synergy and jeopardy" where thinking of it made me realize I was really stretching it. Just trying to say I guess I'm going to hate if people are going to bash it for being an IP in Epcot when technically it already
Also as crazy as I'm not for guardians to Epcot, I think if future world is rebranded it'll work alright. Discoveryland would be a great label for it. I think that coupled with a mostly true to form (sorry frozen) showcase would work for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter