• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Guarantee Status vs. IGT/OGT/VGT

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? OGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 9C
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" We’re just glad we didn’t get a 2 mini porthole room. We really wanted the one big window. It’s near the elevators, so a little worried for noise. Still can’t beat the GTY price tag, though!
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
6. What ship are you sailing? Magic
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Mid-morning.
9. What month is your cruise? January
10. Castaway Club? First time
11. How long ago did you book September

I completely forgot to post this last month

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? OGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 4B Family Deluxe Veranda
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 38
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Overjoyed!!!!  
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? We didn't book together but are traveling with friends who booked VGT and we noted that we were traveling with them so we could dine together and all our rooms are together
6. What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Thursday, I think 
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? I don't know
9. What month is your cruise? November

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 5A 9520 & 9518
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Happy, I like being by the spa to get a shower in the locker room where it’s not so cramped.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Yes connecting!!
6. What ship are you sailing? Dream
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Sometime between 10am-4pm eat
10. Castaway Club? Platinum
11. How long ago did you book 115 days before sailing

2. What category and room # did you get? 4E 5052
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Excited! Looks like we get an extra large balcony
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 1 pm PST
10. Castaway Club? Silver
11. How long ago did you book Opening day and then rebooked when VGT GTY rates opened several months ago

2. What category and room # did you get? 5A deck 10
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" yes, great deal and got adjoining rooms. Excited to be near the pool deck with a good view of Castaway Cay.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Yes. Adjoining
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 2 pm
11. How long ago did you book Don't remember

2. What category and room # did you get? 5A 10500 & 10502
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Happy, connecting rooms, reviews I've read sound good, much better than what I would have booked directly
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Connecting
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Checked around 3 ET
11. How long ago did you book 85 days before sailing

2. What category and room # did you get? 4E 5042
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 37
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Yes! We got such a cheap rate and to get an extended verandah on top of that is amazing.
6. What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Noticed it around 6pm
11. How long ago did you book 3 weeks ago

2. What category and room # did you get? 4E 5052
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Excited! Looks like we get an extra large balcony
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 1 pm PST
11. How long ago did you book Opening day and then rebooked when VGT GTY rates opened several months ago
I had 5052 on the Dream and the balcony was ridiculously huge! About the same size of the cabin!

2. What category and room # did you get? 4A 10104
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 9
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Very happy - we usually book Inside staterooms, so a Deluxe Family Verandah is a luxury.
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Don’t know, but was there by afternoon
9. What month is your cruise? December
10. Castaway Club? Gold
11. How long ago did you book November (1 month or so before cruise)

2. What category and room # did you get? 4E 5042
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 37
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Yes! We got such a cheap rate and to get an extended verandah on top of that is amazing.
6. What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Noticed it around 6pm
11. How long ago did you book 3 weeks ago
We are also on a January sailing on the Fantasy. Booked 3 weeks ago also and got the same upgrade. We booked as a crew rate so I did not expect any upgrades.....I expected the 'leftovers'

2. What category and room # did you get? 5A 10014
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Happy! We love being on decks 9 or 10 - a little nervous/curious about the overhang but love the location
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? About 2pm CST
10. Castaway Club? Gold
11. How long ago did you book? 32 days before cruise

Last edited:
We are booking a cruise and can save a lot with a guaranteed verandah vs picking a room but we do not want the partial obscure. Do they give priority when assigning rooms to gold level.

We are booking a cruise and can save a lot with a guaranteed verandah vs picking a room but we do not want the partial obscure. Do they give priority when assigning rooms to gold level.
No, it’s random. We’re platinum and have had some great rooms and some standard rooms. We are finding as protocols end and ships are filling up, we are getting just average rooms. Our last cruise in November we booked OGT and got a 9B on deck 2. I’ve been on 7 cruises since the restart in august 2021 and this was the lowest level I’ve been assigned. Before that I was getting cat. 4 for VGT and cat. 8 for OGT. Set the bar low and you’ll be ok. I’m seeing a lot of Vgt assignments on deck 10 cat.5. I’ve been there and was fine, still an upgrade from cat. 7, but under the pool deck.

No, Im platinum (soon Pearl) and I ve often had standard rooms while others without status got split bathrooms when booking GTY inside

No, it’s random. We’re platinum and have had some great rooms and some standard rooms. We are finding as protocols end and ships are filling up, we are getting just average rooms. Our last cruise in November we booked OGT and got a 9B on deck 2. I’ve been on 7 cruises since the restart in august 2021 and this was the lowest level I’ve been assigned. Before that I was getting cat. 4 for VGT and cat. 8 for OGT. Set the bar low and you’ll be ok. I’m seeing a lot of Vgt assignments on deck 10 cat.5. I’ve been there and was fine, still an upgrade from cat. 7, but under the pool deck.
Good to know. Thank you

We are booked on the Dream for the 20-27 May European cruise. We have a 9B oceanview reservation now, connecting rooms for us (me, my husband and our 3yo) and my parents on deck 2. Disney released guaranteed rooms with restrictions for all categories now. Switching would save us about 1300 euro (we booked with placeholder discount) and my parents about 1500 euro. Even upgrading to verandah rooms would still save us about 1000 euro and my parents about 1100 euro.

Our main reason NOT to switch is because we would really like to keep the connecting rooms, if not at least rooms a little close to eachother (like, same hallway). I would be gutted if we would be at a completely different deck or at the other side of the ship. But ofcourse the savings are huge so we could do another holiday for that money.

Would anybody like to share their expierence with multiple room booking with guaranteed restrictions?

Also, our PIF is 20 January but my parents already paid in full because they wanted to be settled lol. Will they get full refund if we would cancel now, if we would choose to rebook the guaranteed restrictions rooms?

We are booked on the Dream for the 20-27 May European cruise. We have a 9B oceanview reservation now, connecting rooms for us (me, my husband and our 3yo) and my parents on deck 2. Disney released guaranteed rooms with restrictions for all categories now. Switching would save us about 1300 euro (we booked with placeholder discount) and my parents about 1500 euro. Even upgrading to verandah rooms would still save us about 1000 euro and my parents about 1100 euro.

Our main reason NOT to switch is because we would really like to keep the connecting rooms, if not at least rooms a little close to eachother (like, same hallway). I would be gutted if we would be at a completely different deck or at the other side of the ship. But ofcourse the savings are huge so we could do another holiday for that money.

Would anybody like to share their expierence with multiple room booking with guaranteed restrictions?

Also, our PIF is 20 January but my parents already paid in full because they wanted to be settled lol. Will they get full refund if we would cancel now, if we would choose to rebook the guaranteed restrictions rooms?
We just sailed 12/10 on the Fantasy. booked 2 guarantee verandah rooms with restrictions and when assigned we had connecting rooms. Hopefully that works out for you as well! We are trying that again in May for Alaska 🤞🏻🤞🏻

If you would be gutted to be across the ship from each other I might keep what you have. That being said I really don’t think it’s that big of a deal even if you in the unlikely event are decks or across the ship from each other. The ships aren’t that large. You can obviously spend tons of time together on the trip. To me a connecting room is nice but not a dealbreaker but each family is different.

Yes up until the PIF they can get a full refund. I would save the 1,000 and upgrade to a VGT but that’s just me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter