Guarantee Status vs. IGT/OGT/VGT

I booked a GTY 7a for myself and my 3 kids on the Dream. We sail in 24 days and still haven't been assigned a room. I booked my parents a room about a week after I did ours. It's also GTY 7a, and they have been assigned room 5680, which is 7a. Our reservations are linked, but I didn't put in a note or request for connecting or nearby. I'm wondering if anyone has had the experience of one room being assigned well before the other and what the outcome was. I'm not really concerned if we don't end up on the same floor or nearby. I'm just curious if this seems odd/unusual or pretty typical.

We are about to book an IGT on the Disney Wonder but we are a family of 4 and some inside state rooms say sleeps 3-4. Would they put us in a room that only sleeps 3? Thanks!

We are about to book an IGT on the Disney Wonder but we are a family of 4 and some inside state rooms say sleeps 3-4. Would they put us in a room that only sleeps 3? Thanks!
No. You’ll be assigned a room that sleeps your party.

We are booked on the Dream for the 20-27 May European cruise. We have a 9B oceanview reservation now, connecting rooms for us (me, my husband and our 3yo) and my parents on deck 2. Disney released guaranteed rooms with restrictions for all categories now. Switching would save us about 1300 euro (we booked with placeholder discount) and my parents about 1500 euro. Even upgrading to verandah rooms would still save us about 1000 euro and my parents about 1100 euro.

Our main reason NOT to switch is because we would really like to keep the connecting rooms, if not at least rooms a little close to eachother (like, same hallway). I would be gutted if we would be at a completely different deck or at the other side of the ship. But ofcourse the savings are huge so we could do another holiday for that money.

Would anybody like to share their expierence with multiple room booking with guaranteed restrictions?

Also, our PIF is 20 January but my parents already paid in full because they wanted to be settled lol. Will they get full refund if we would cancel now, if we would choose to rebook the guaranteed restrictions rooms?
We're on that cruise too! We debated whether losing our chosen room was worth it, but it's such a large saving that we cancelled and rebooked.

You'll both be able to get full refunds until 20 January - cancelling was really easy on the website, unlike the hours on hold to book with the placeholder in the first place! The site said to allow 7 to 10 business days for the refund to process.

If you would be gutted to be across the ship from each other I might keep what you have. That being said I really don’t think it’s that big of a deal even if you in the unlikely event are decks or across the ship from each other. The ships aren’t that large. You can obviously spend tons of time together on the trip. To me a connecting room is nice but not a dealbreaker but each family is different.

Yes up until the PIF they can get a full refund. I would save the 1,000 and upgrade to a VGT but that’s just me.
I would recommend reading through recent posts here. Many share getting connecting/close rooms but it’s not guaranteed. For me, the cost savings would be worth the risk.

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 5A
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" AWFUL ROOMS with bad reviews for noise under the gym starting at 6am, and also directly across from housekeeping closet - not super happy to be honest. Def leftovers.
5. If you booked more than one -- yes they adjoin
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Mid-morning.
9. What month is your cruise? January
10. Castaway Club? Gold
11. How long ago did you book 47 days out

2. What category and room # did you get? 5A
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 30
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Can't complain, view of Castaway and upgrades from 7a to 5a. We prefer the back of the ship and get a view of Castaway when docked.
5. If you booked more than one --  nope
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Noticed on Wednesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Noticed in the afternoon
9. What month is your cruise? February
10. Castaway Club? Gold
11. How long ago did you book 5 months, but just changed to VGT about 5 days ago.

I just changed by inside stateroom booking to GTY 07A. Based on the Disney cruise site there aren’t any 07A available that sleep 4. So it seems that I may get an upgrade. The cruise isn’t until April and is part of the Disney+ offer so it is a popular cruise. Is it possible that Disney blocks out rooms due to popularity and then assigns them later and that’s why they don’t show up to book? But if so I don’t understand why they would do that.

2. What category and room # did you get? 5C
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 15
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Happy so far! I haven't been able to find reviews for the room, but it looks like a great location. And a plexiglass balcony.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
6. What ship are you sailing? Magic
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Wednesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Afternoon
10. Castaway Club? Silver
11. How long ago did you book June

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? GTY 7A
2. What category and room # did you get? 7A #5138
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 45
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" I was hoping for a free upgrade but this is our first Disney cruise and I know it was a popular sail date so we got what we paid for and plan to have a great time!
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
6. What ship are you sailing? Wonder
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Friday (or possibly Thursday)
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? unknown
9. What month is your cruise? February
10. Castaway Club? First cruise
11. How long ago did you book September

Does the covid cancellation policy apply to VGT with restriction staterooms?

Does the covid cancellation policy apply to VGT with restriction staterooms?
I read it does. But there are 2 covid policies now. Depends whether you booked before December 9th, 2022. Before that date you didn’t need proof. After that date it appears a positive guest can cancel,but assume documentation is needed. I would double check before booking.

I booked a GTY 7a for myself and my 3 kids on the Dream. We sail in 24 days and still haven't been assigned a room. I booked my parents a room about a week after I did ours. It's also GTY 7a, and they have been assigned room 5680, which is 7a. Our reservations are linked, but I didn't put in a note or request for connecting or nearby. I'm wondering if anyone has had the experience of one room being assigned well before the other and what the outcome was. I'm not really concerned if we don't end up on the same floor or nearby. I'm just curious if this seems odd/unusual or pretty typical.
Update:
1. What category GTY cabin did you book? GTY 7A (2 rooms)
2. What category and room # did you get? 7a 5680 aft starboard & 4e 5052 forward portside
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 24 days for 7a room, 16 days for 4e
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" We're happy, though we haven't seen them yet. The 7a room should have good views off the back of the ship and of Castaway Cay. We'll see about engine noise. The 4e looks to have an enormous verandah, so that's very exciting! It's right next to the movie theater, so again we'll see about noise levels. I wish the rooms were closer to each other, but I think we have things to look forward to with each.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Same floor but pretty far away from each other.
6. What ship are you sailing? Dream
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Monday
10. Castaway Club? First time cruisers
11. How long ago did you book About 45 days out
If it's useful to know, the room that got 7a is 2 adults. The 4e is 1 adult & 3 children. I booked the room with four people about a week before the other one and also checked in the four-person room first.

Update:
1. What category GTY cabin did you book? GTY 7A (2 rooms)
2. What category and room # did you get? 7a 5680 aft starboard & 4e 5052 forward portside
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 24 days for 7a room, 16 days for 4e
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" We're happy, though we haven't seen them yet. The 7a room should have good views off the back of the ship and of Castaway Cay. We'll see about engine noise. The 4e looks to have an enormous verandah, so that's very exciting! It's right next to the movie theater, so again we'll see about noise levels. I wish the rooms were closer to each other, but I think we have things to look forward to with each.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Same floor but pretty far away from each other.
6. What ship are you sailing? Dream
10. Castaway Club? First time cruisers
11. How long ago did you book About 45 days out
If it's useful to know, the room that got 7a is 2 adults. The 4e is 1 adult & 3 children. I booked the room with four people about a week before the other one and also checked in the four-person room first.
We just stayed in 5052 on the Dream last week (booked GTY) and it was amazing!!! Our balcony was 6x the size of a standard balcony and had 6 chairs including loungers on it. We didn’t hear much noise in the hall and would definitely book that room again.

We just stayed in 5052 on the Dream last week (booked GTY) and it was amazing!!! Our balcony was 6x the size of a standard balcony and had 6 chairs including loungers on it. We didn’t hear much noise in the hall and would definitely book that room again.
Oh great! Thanks so much for this reply!

Same! My sister and nephew just had this room in August on the Fantasy, my family of six had the two connecting rooms next to it. We had the dividers opened between all three staterooms…5052 already has a HUGE balcony, so with all three - talk about a super ginormous balcony! Lol great times!

Same! My sister and nephew just had this room in August on the Fantasy, my family of six had the two connecting rooms next to it. We had the dividers opened between all three staterooms…5052 already has a HUGE balcony, so with all three - talk about a super ginormous balcony! Lol great times!
This is great to hear! Thanks!

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? OGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 9C
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 17
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" We love category 9/deck 2 rooms! So we’re happy. Would’ve taken an upgrade, but as long as we don’t have double small portholes down on deck 1, we’re happy.
5. If you booked more than one --
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Evening
10. Castaway Club? Platinum
11. How long ago did you book 17 days. It was assigned the evening that I booked.

What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 7A, 5680
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 15
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Not so excited about being directly above the Tube.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Friday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 8-9am EST
9. What month is your cruise? June
How did you feel about this room? We're sailing in a couple weeks in this room, and I'm curious how this turned out for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter