Same. We decided to go for the OGT, thinking “at least we're going to see the ocean, and we can always try to upgrade to a Verandah if we really really really don't like the stateroom”.I'm trying to decide if it's worth the risk for an OGT. What have people's experiences been with doing OGT? I'm wondering if it would be worth it since there's so many categories I could be in. I'm stuck between OGT and IGT.
Were you able to upgrade at the port? What was the price differential? Thanks!1. What category GTY cabin did you book? IGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 11A Deck 6.
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12 days out
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" I am happy as we didn't want to be on Deck 1 or 2. We still may try to upgrade at port to a Varanda.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? We booked one room only.
6 What ship are you sailing? Magic
7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 12 PST
9. What month is your cruise? Jan 2020
That is awful. Sorry to hear that. But suprised you were able to get the upgrade to concierge. Hopefully some luck comes with your next booking.1. What category GTY cabin did you book? GTY 4a, had ocean view assigned cabin booked a year out and after paid in full I called to see if I could switch to a verandah because of the possibility of quarantine because of the virus. They said they could gty a 4a cabin but weren’t assigning them until closer to sailing. I paid $950 for the switch the same cost as if I booked a verandah from the beginning.
2. What category and room # did you get? V
Concierge with the bump out verandah
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 36 Days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" We are ecstatic about being complementary upgraded to concierge!! Received an email about the upgrade from the concierge land team asking me to call and confirm.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Thursday- the day cancellations were allowed without penalty due to Coronavirus fears.
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 1:45 pm
9. What month is your cruise? April 2020
We are still in shock about this amazing upgrade as the price difference is huge for this spring break sailing. We are DVC with a ton of home resorts and this will be our 9th Disney cruise so maybe this helped with the pixie dust.
***sadly due to coronavirus we will not be sailing