Grocery delivery-When? What?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
We're ordering groceries for our upcoming trip in less than a month. Should we have ordered already? We have no idea who to use. Also, we're staying at OKW. how does it work? Will whoever delivers drop our order off at Bell Services on the day we arrive and then we call Bell Services to deliver it when we get our room? Any tips on what to order besides some bottled water and snacks for the kids?

We used to use Garden Grocer but the prices & fees got to be out of control so the last 2 trips we used Instacart. They'll deliver alcohol too as long as you're there to receive it. That was the nice thing with Garden Grocer, they would leave it with Bell Services. Don't have our flights yet for our next trip but I'm afraid they'll be too late for us to be there to receive it before their last delivery of the day. That's gonna suck if it is. ANYWAY, you can order the day of or day before with Instacart. Easy Peasy.

We've ordered from Garden Grocer, Amazon Fresh (been a few years but I believe that was the name) and most recently Instacart for Publix. Each time we order about a week or less before our trip and they have all dropped off at Bell Services and then we have always went and picked them up ourselves to bring back to the room- I believe Bell Services will deliver for a fee which I think is $6 but not 100% since I haven't had them deliver yet. OKW could be a very far walk so the fee might be worth it! I've used Instacart 3 times now and each time the shopper will message me through the app asking for my room number in addition to my name so due to that I try to schedule the delivery for a time closer to 4PM hoping we have our room number by then. That didn't come up with the others but just something to mention.

For us my wife and I have looked at getting groceries as a way to save a little bit on a trip so we'll typically get food for breakfasts, lunches and snacks and then not feel as bad spending a little more on dinners. We use to buy packs of water but now we just bring a refillable water bottle from home and fill up at the stations/water fountains throughout the parks and resort. We'll typically buy cereal, almond milk, and berries for breakfasts, bread and PB&J with an apple and some small snack for lunches and a lot of times eat those while in lines or walking in the parks.

Enjoy your trip! We stayed at OKW for the first half of our honeymoon in 2019 and it was great!

Just another option to consider...I've used Shipt at home in the past, and I found that Shipt was easy to use when we had things delivered to our resort at WDW. I was able to make my grocery list/put things in the cart in the weeks leading up to my trip as I thought of things, and then when I know the plane is going to take off on our travel day (right before boarding begins) I pull the trigger on the my order and select a delivery window. By the time we get off the plane, I've gotten texts from my Shipt shopper and it was easy to meet the shopper right in front of the resort. You can tip right in the Shipt app, too.

We usually get breakfast-y things to eat in the room, milk, juice, fruit, and snacks.

Have a magical trip!

We've used Instacart/Publix, I think ordering the night before. You can schedule a delivery time in advance but even if you just do same-day delivery they can often have it shopped and delivered in a few hours or less.

I ordered Publix/Instacart about five nights before, and you can tweak it. They will drop off the order at bell services, but you must be present if there is alcohol. My groceries include breakfast and lunch foods, alcohol, and non-alcohol beverages.

We're ordering groceries for our upcoming trip in less than a month. Should we have ordered already? We have no idea who to use. Also, we're staying at OKW. how does it work? Will whoever delivers drop our order off at Bell Services on the day we arrive and then we call Bell Services to deliver it when we get our room? Any tips on what to order besides some bottled water and snacks for the kids?
We used Walmart, now maybe we waited too late but they didn’t deliver on Sunday, only Monday. We got it the next morning, everything was perfect. And first time got 20 dollars off. Later in the week we had to order otc medicine, delivered next morning. Had it delivered to bell services.

Instacart(choosing publix) for sure. I usually place my order while waiting at the airport for our arrival flight. Aside from simple breakfast stuff we order waters and beer. If you choose to order alcohol then you need to be present if not then they will drop it off at bell services. If you have already arrived at OKW you can have them pull right to your building instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!