Great to be back at Bonnet Creek - Live Trip Report with photos!

We really enjoyed the frozen parade but I wasn't expecting anything more, I guess its what your expectations are.
We liked everything about the Frozen Summer fun, went in twice to see the fireworks, thought they were brilliant.

Don't like Star Wars at all so any development of that would not attract me.

Do the younger generation know Star Wars, I know Mathew doesn't but I guess that's because I dislike it. From what we saw Frozen is way bigger, the crowds went mad for it when we were there in July. I am sure they will continue as long as they can with it.
I would expect them to develop with new movies rather than go back to an ageing franchise.

Well the frozen singalong made up for the parade. It was so funny. The 2 main actors were hilarious. Even Harry was laughing out loud. So I was glad I went. I picked up 12.30 tickets at 11 am no problem. Not sure how long the tickets last. Read that it will be FP from September which is a shame as one less FP for the rides.

I don't think we will get a chance to see frozen fireworks but we are at villains night tomorrow and fireworks there so will make up for it. Looking forward to that.

Now in Disney Quest, resting while David and Harry on lots of shooting games. I have tickets for 4.15 film and they are seeing Expendables at 4.30( more shooting)

Went sweet tomatoes after HS was excellent as always. Their salads are delicious but I think I ruined the healthy eating by having 3 chocolate muffins and orange ice cream. I lost count of how much ice cream Harry had.

Harry has been a huge fan of Star Wars since he was 5.he has probably over hundred lego Star Wars sets. So we would love a whole Star Wars park as would millions of others. It does have a massive fan base. Doubt that will ever happen though, unfortunately.

I do love Disney but do feel they could build a few more rides. When they do, they do them really well.

HS was absolutely packed today. I really don't know how people stay all day until close. We are definitely either morning or evening people, especially in this heat.. So hot. Never had weather like this and this is our 4th August on the trot. Least I won't be sad to be back in English climate.

Going to have a restful day tomorrow as we'll be at HS till 1am. Hope to get lots of villains photos.

Looking forward to hearing more - how many days do you have left now? I am really sad and, as we'll be there this time next year, I keep thinking to myself how quickly the days are going in the UK here now, in order to try and compare to how long our holiday will be (we've never done 3 weeks on holiday!). :lmao: I think I need to get out more :rotfl2:.[/QUOTE]

We leave a week today. Harry doesn't even want to talk about going home. Even after 23 nights we will be sad to leave.

Singalong was so good - we all loved it (me, DH & DD6) she also loved the processional and to be fair to Disney they didn't bill it as a parade.

The fireworks were amazing though - so good but I wouldn't have wanted to be in the mass on the street we were in the package area which was very pleasant!

Glad you are having a good time - I dream of 3 or 4 weeks as we have never managed for than 16 nights in one go due to annual leave restrictions on DH :(

The fireworks were amazing though - so good but I wouldn't have wanted to be in the mass on the street we were in the package area which was very pleasant!

Glad you are having a good time - I dream of 3 or 4 weeks as we have never managed for than 16 nights in one go due to annual leave restrictions on DH :(

I think the timing to the music is as good as any fireworks I have ever seen. Well worth seeing, and they went on longer than I expected. Both times we were in the street, even though it was so busy it wasn't too bad, not crushed in like some places.

Just planning next years trips, I think Easter time will be around 16 nights, August around 26 nights. Can't beat the long trips:goodvibes

Ok, so I take back anything negative I said about Hollywood Studios! Spur of the moment trip to see the Frozen Fireworks tonight after reading Wayne's post. Well we loved them. I thought they were better than MK. We were just to the left of the hat and had a great view. The lady behind me was singing her heart out from the start. Now I have been known to cry at sad films etc but I couldn't help but cry tonight, I know that sounds ridiculous, I blame the singing lady!! Anyway so glad we went back. When we came out of cinema today there was a massive thunderstorm, it was great, temperature must have dropped 25 degrees. It was 6.45 when we got back to BC and didn't fancy swimming again. HS was still busy and I was kicking myself that I hadn't rebooked our unused FP from earlier today but i didn't think we would be going back. Only thing available was muppets!!! Rides were still busy so just did Star Wars again which had no line. Then got some drinks and got our viewing spot 5 minutes before the start. As I said it was great.
Realised why HS was do busy this morning, EMH, hadn't realised till tonight, always avoided EMH before even when staying on site, I now no why.
Was home by 9.50. Took 6 minutes to get back even with all the cars leaving HS. Gotta love the location of BC.
So Back to HS tomorrow for Villains night. Might go Cheesecake Factory for lunch. Will try and sleep late but have been awake by 7 every day if holiday do far. Promised Harry he can sleep as late as he wants. Not sure he believes me.

Glad you enjoyed the fireworks. It just works so well together, Frozen music and the way they do the display.
Both times we have been next to people singing their hearts out.:goodvibes

Our Disney tickets expire on Monday so don't think we'll be able to get back to HS to watch them again. Have Epcot planned for Sunday night and MK for Monday. I wonder if the will continue them next year.
Just sitting by the pool. Been awake since 7 despite going to sleep after midnight. Letting my boys sleep as late as possible as the fireworks at HS not till 12.45 tonight and I really want to stay and see them.
Weather is glorious, feels a little cooler but that might just be wishful thinking in my part.
There's me and 4 other ladies at the pool. So different to being in Spain. Beds would all have been taken 2 hours ago. Love the pool scene here. Very laid back unless you are at a pool where the entertainment is going on. I could quote easily come to BC and not going to any parks. Especially with this weather.
Hopefully going Cheesecake Factory. Harry said we have to try the chicken burger which he says is the best he had ever had.

this TR is amazing :dance3: - I totally want to do everything you've done - but I'm only going to have 2 weeks to do it all in!

We ended up at Cheesecake Factory, excellent as always. We had the pretzel crusted chicken for starter which was enough for three if us but only $7. Then I had herb crusted salmon and steak Diane. David had to eat half if it for me. He had sirloin steak again and Harry had chicken burger again. Then the biggest piece of Oreo cheesecake between the three of us. Felt better when the couple next to us ordered a piece each.
Then came back for a swim and left for blizzard beach at 4. Just got comfortable in the lazy river when an almighty storm came and we all had to leave. It was actually scary. They told us that bb probably wouldn't open again. In 9 years and probably 40 water park visits its probably the first time we had to leave because of storms. Our tactic has always been to go to a water park after a storm as so many people leave. But as they are now closing at 6 that's more difficult as not enough time. Water parks still very busy so not sure why they are closing so early. Love it when they open till 8. Anyway drove back to Bonnet creek and when we got here, fire crews and police all over the place as a tree had been struck by lightning on the road leading out of resort. Huge tail back. But tree was already being cut up. I was thinking if that was England we would have to wait until tomorrow and we would have had no way to get back out of bonnet creek to our villains night.
So leaving for HS shortly. Fireworks not till 12.45 so hope Harry and David are up to it. Not sure we have stayed that late in a park before. Hoping to get some good photos with characters. Every year I use a photo of Harry and David for our Xmas cards, tradition now.
Full report tomorrow.

We really enjoyed the frozen parade but I wasn't expecting anything more, I guess its what your expectations are.
We liked everything about the Frozen Summer fun, went in twice to see the fireworks, thought they were brilliant.

Don't like Star Wars at all so any development of that would not attract me.

Do the younger generation know Star Wars, I know Mathew doesn't but I guess that's because I dislike it. From what we saw Frozen is way bigger, the crowds went mad for it when we were there in July. I am sure they will continue as long as they can with it.
I would expect them to develop with new movies rather than go back to an ageing franchise.

Not sure SW is a ageing franchise Wayne. As Portugal says it has a huge following and Disney are going to be pushing it to the hilt with the new film scheduled for release at the end of the year. Not sure I am looking forward to the film (I prefer the originals), but it will certainly bring Disney some new blood in terms of fans!

this TR is amazing :dance3: - I totally want to do everything you've done - but I'm only going to have 2 weeks to do it all in!

Ooh Elaine, I didn't realise you were planning a trip to WDW! :thumbsup2 When are you going? It will be our first trip next August after several DLP trips. We wanted to wait until the girls were a bit older and could travel the long haul. We are SO excited, shame we have over 11 months to go!

We ended up at Cheesecake Factory, excellent as always. We had the pretzel crusted chicken for starter which was enough for three if us but only $7. Then I had herb crusted salmon and steak Diane. David had to eat half if it for me. He had sirloin steak again and Harry had chicken burger again. Then the biggest piece of Oreo cheesecake between the three of us. Felt better when the couple next to us ordered a piece each.
Then came back for a swim and left for blizzard beach at 4. Just got comfortable in the lazy river when an almighty storm came and we all had to leave. It was actually scary. They told us that bb probably wouldn't open again. In 9 years and probably 40 water park visits its probably the first time we had to leave because of storms. Our tactic has always been to go to a water park after a storm as so many people leave. But as they are now closing at 6 that's more difficult as not enough time. Water parks still very busy so not sure why they are closing so early. Love it when they open till 8. Anyway drove back to Bonnet creek and when we got here, fire crews and police all over the place as a tree had been struck by lightning on the road leading out of resort. Huge tail back. But tree was already being cut up. I was thinking if that was England we would have to wait until tomorrow and we would have had no way to get back out of bonnet creek to our villains night.
So leaving for HS shortly. Fireworks not till 12.45 so hope Harry and David are up to it. Not sure we have stayed that late in a park before. Hoping to get some good photos with characters. Every year I use a photo of Harry and David for our Xmas cards, tradition now.
Full report tomorrow.

I am so envious of you visiting Villains. I really hope you have a fabulous night. And, I am really hoping they decide to do the event next year too as we'll be there if they do - would be a great night out for DH and I. If you could put a quiet word in to them to repeat next year please :worship:.... :rotfl:

Look forward to hearing all about it and hopefully seeing some great character photos!

Not sure SW is a ageing franchise Wayne. As Portugal says it has a huge following and Disney are going to be pushing it to the hilt with the new film scheduled for release at the end of the year. Not sure I am looking forward to the film (I prefer the originals), but it will certainly bring Disney some new blood in terms of fans!

I know it has a good fanbase, I have been there for SW weekends but I don't think its in the same league as the frenzy something like Frozen has created or Harry Potter at Universal.
IMO its got a good following and OK for a ride, a weekend a year etc but to create a whole theme around? not sure myself, again my opinion but its in the past. Maybe the new film will create something bigger and refresh the franchise but if I was running Disney I would be looking for something like Frozen only bigger and better. Surely they would have expended on SW before now if they were going to.

I know it has a good fanbase, I have been there for SW weekends but I don't think its in the same league as the frenzy something like Frozen has created or Harry Potter at Universal.
IMO its got a good following and OK for a ride, a weekend a year etc but to create a whole theme around? not sure myself, again my opinion but its in the past. Maybe the new film will create something bigger and refresh the franchise but if I was running Disney I would be looking for something like Frozen only bigger and better. Surely they would have expended on SW before now if they were going to.

We are Frozen & HP fans (massive!) in this house, and we do also like SW, but not the extent of some and I really don't know many of the newer characters. My children have seen some of the SW films (the ones that aren't too gory!) and do seem to like them. So, I agree with you to an extent. But I do think there is a place for SW going forward.

The film has already had massive press hype as they are trying to bring back most of the original cast. I think the reason Disney haven't pushed the whole franchise earlier is because they only recently received all the rights to the SW enterprise as such. I am sure there will be a huge fanfare over the film!

I know many people who wouldn't consider a trip to WDW (or DLP) but would be there like a shot if a SW land was created :lmao:.

It's horses for courses - we all like different things and I can see the appeal of many of the things Disney offer. I think are are wanting to appeal to a broader fanbase these days and SW offers some of that.

Agree about the frenzy of Frozen. It certainly hit the spot in many didn't it! ;)

We are Frozen & HP fans (massive!) in this house, and we do also like SW, but not the extent of some and I really don't know many of the newer characters. My children have seen some of the SW films (the ones that aren't too gory!) and do seem to like them. So, I agree with you to an extent. But I do think there is a place for SW going forward.

The film has already had massive press hype as they are trying to bring back most of the original cast. I think the reason Disney haven't pushed the whole franchise earlier is because they only recently received all the rights to the SW enterprise as such. I am sure there will be a huge fanfare over the film!

I know many people who wouldn't consider a trip to WDW (or DLP) but would be there like a shot if a SW land was created :lmao:.

It's horses for courses - we all like different things and I can see the appeal of many of the things Disney offer. I think are are wanting to appeal to a broader fanbase these days and SW offers some of that.

Agree about the frenzy of Frozen. It certainly hit the spot in many didn't it! ;)

I am just getting old:rotfl2: To me SW belongs in the era of Elvis and such. It was the first film I went to the cinema to watch, it was 1977, disliked it then and still do but its the whole genre I dislike, Give me a Bond film anyday:rotfl:

I am just getting old:rotfl2: To me SW belongs in the era of Elvis and such. It was the first film I went to the cinema to watch, it was 1977, disliked it then and still do but its the whole genre I dislike, Give me a Bond film anyday:rotfl:

Ha ha :rotfl:. I know lots of little boys who love SW. But I'm with you re Bond and my DH certainly would be, but it would depend on who was 'Bond' - now that's another subject so I'll not digress anymore!

Hoping Portugal is having a fabulous time today. I would love to attend a Villains event pixiedust:. Can't wait to see/hear more :hyper:.

When the phantom menace came out I was working with a guy who went to New York especially to see the first showing of the trailers for which you had to buy tickets for. Total madness. I thought he was making it up until I saw it all covered on the news. This wasn't for the actual film, just the trailer! I am looking forward to seeing all the hype over the new movie. Harry had already said we need to see it Atleast 4 times. Normal, 3d, IMAX, d box.
So will save my full review of villains night until I have time to upload the pictures but just off to Epcot for the evening. Just rained for 10 minutes, hope its cooled it down a bit outside. So hot.
Been swimming at BC twice today and also to Applebee's for lunch which was good. The boys had all you can eat ribs and failed miserably as they didn't even get through 2 helpings. I had a lovely Thai shrimp salad, very healthy but made up for it by buying two big bags of ghiradelli's on the way home. For anyone who hasn't tried them, they are magnificent. They probably won't last the night, especially with Harry around!

When the phantom menace came out I was working with a guy who went to New York especially to see the first showing of the trailers for which you had to buy tickets for. Total madness. I thought he was making it up until I saw it all covered on the news. This wasn't for the actual film, just the trailer! I am looking forward to seeing all the hype over the new movie. Harry had already said we need to see it Atleast 4 times. Normal, 3d, IMAX, d box.
So will save my full review of villains night until I have time to upload the pictures but just off to Epcot for the evening. Just rained for 10 minutes, hope its cooled it down a bit outside. So hot.
Been swimming at BC twice today and also to Applebee's for lunch which was good. The boys had all you can eat ribs and failed miserably as they didn't even get through 2 helpings. I had a lovely Thai shrimp salad, very healthy but made up for it by buying two big bags of ghiradelli's on the way home. For anyone who hasn't tried them, they are magnificent. They probably won't last the night, especially with Harry around!

Glad to hear you are getting a little rain to cool things down now. I have friends out there right now and they say it's one of the hottest Augusts they remember!

I really hope you had a better time at Villains Unleashed than many - hearing and reading terrible reports on twitter etc - some people really unhappy (even down to some of them asking for a refund :sad2:)!

Glad to hear you are getting a little rain to cool things down now. I have friends out there right now and they say it's one of the hottest Augusts they remember! I really hope you had a better time at Villains Unleashed than many - hearing and reading terrible reports on twitter etc - some people really unhappy (even down to some of them asking for a refund :sad2:)!

Let's just say for now that if it wasn't for the Star Wars section we would have been really disappointed. Harry had a blast getting selfies with all the characters. Infact that area was the only place you had a hope of getting photos without queuing for two hours as so many characters wandering around. There were no maps left when we got there at 7.45. The cast members didn't have a clue. Was told it was a special Fantasmic which turned out to be exactly the same so wasted over an hour, that was the most frustrating thing of the night. People queued over two hours to buy a pin, why?
The fireworks were fantastic though.

More to come.

Star Wars is enormous. Remained so between the first lot of films and the most recent run, the pending one of which promises to be massive. Quite enormous in fact. There are now two, verging on three generations of fans. The franchise has retained popularity, even in the 'slow' years, via comic books and a fanatical following. One of the difficulties with new films are plot lines from the comic books which now create problems. Building a Star Wars land at DHS would make Frozen look like a first pimple before acne really kicks in in terms of the potential to make serious money in the longer term.

Personally it leaves me absolutely cold and will not be the massive new pull to retain interest in WDW their executives are looking for or need. That doesn't mean it wouldn't be a marketing moment of genius though because it would and it is on the cards. Frozen will be a fond memory long after Star Wars Weekends as a minimum continue to rake in the big $s.

Even though I have a very small interest in Star Wars born only from nostalgia as it was the first film that I remember going to the cinema to watch, I'd choose it over Avatar Land in a heartbeat. That I really do not get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!