Great to be back at Bonnet Creek - Live Trip Report with photos!

I really don't know what is going on with Disney just now. There was a thread about OKW recently with 3 people being moved out to different resorts because of maintenance problems, plus the WiFi issues. I had issues with bins overflowing in the parks. They seem to be spending on big money things like new rides and redevelopment but not doing the basics.

Never been to Steak & Shake, everytime our US friends give us a fistful of coupons there is always S&S amongst them. Will have to try it sometime.

I really don't know what is going on with Disney just now. There was a thread about OKW recently with 3 people being moved out to different resorts because of maintenance problems, plus the WiFi issues. I had issues with bins overflowing in the parks. They seem to be spending on big money things like new rides and redevelopment but not doing the basics.

Never been to Steak & Shake, everytime our US friends give us a fistful of coupons there is always S&S amongst them. Will have to try it sometime.

I know what you mean. Last year I was pretty horrified by the state of DTD, particularly around Ragland Road - trash and food waste EVERYWHERE. It was disgusting, actually.

I've heard that maintenance at YC has been poor too, some of the pictures on tripadvisor don't exactly fill you with confidence! I'm dreading what I'm potentially going to walk into when I arrive, which I've never been concerned about before...

ok so im confused lots of hotels seem to have bonnet creek included in there name which one is this?

Glad you enjoyed steak and shake. Been once and thought it was great for the price - lots of different milkshakes. They used to do them 1/2 price between 2 and 4pm.

Aquatica is great, looks a lot more modern than the Disney waterparks, a lot brighter. Some great slides and definitely the best lazy river, very fast. The only thing I don't like because I am a bit scared of heights is when you have to go up the stairs to the slides you can see exactly how high you are whereas at Disney they are all enclosed. My sons favourite waterpark.

oh, i know what you're describing -that's how most regular water parks are....that's always been my only problem with them - the stairs leading up...(i'm a seriously afraid of heights!!!! :eek: )
but i love great lazy rivers...i'll see if i can find a video on youtube :)

for the prices they charge for those resorts, there shouldn't be any issues at all...

last summer, we had a maintenance issue at pop (the carpet of one of the rooms was flooded as a result of some sort of burst pipe somewhere overhead - the wall and ceiling were also soaked), but they moved us immediately (and even offered to help us pack and move everything)...
so that was pretty good considering it's only a value...

I know what you mean. Last year I was pretty horrified by the state of DTD, particularly around Ragland Road - trash and food waste EVERYWHERE. It was disgusting, actually. I've heard that maintenance at YC has been poor too, some of the pictures on tripadvisor don't exactly fill you with confidence! I'm dreading what I'm potentially going to walk into when I arrive, which I've never been concerned about before...

Yc was fine in feb

Aquatica is great, looks a lot more modern than the Disney waterparks, a lot brighter. Some great slides and definitely the best lazy river, very fast. The only thing I don't like because I am a bit scared of heights is when you have to go up the stairs to the slides you can see exactly how high you are whereas at Disney they are all enclosed. My sons favourite waterpark.

i looked at a bunch of youtube videos - those lazy rivers look great (the slow one and the fast one)...
and the slides look insane and really really long...
i watched several POV videos and i was surprised at how long the slides are...

and the park itself looks nice!

We got to Royal Pacific at 7.15' nowhere to park so had to use the valet. No line at check in but massive line at the kiosk together the express pass, only one working. So by the time we got to Islands of Adventure there was no one there as they had already been let in, still only 7.55, so not sure what time they let people in. Went straight to HP, said 10 minute wait but we went single rider and walked straight on literally twice in a row. Second time we were sat next to each other. There wasn't a single other person in single rider. I felt sick by the end of the second ride so twice is my limit. Then went on little roller coaster and son went on duelling dragons twice while my husband and I went in Olivanders because for first time ever there was no queue, it was a nice little show, the actor was very good.
Then made our way round the rest of the park before coming back to the train to take us to universal studios. Well this was my favourite ride of the day ( although my son disputes it's an actual ride, he is 14!!!) no queue again, I just loved it, can't wait to go back the other way today.
Arrived at Diagon Alley, queue for ride was 90 minutes but as we have already rode didn't bother as going there this morning. Had a lovely lunch in the leaky cauldron. So much better than a Disney counter service restaurant. So organised and food delicious. We had a ploughmans to share, fish and chips and another butter beer..
To be continued!

We got to Royal Pacific at 7.15' nowhere to park so had to use the valet. No line at check in but massive line at the kiosk together the express pass, only one working. So by the time we got to Islands of Adventure there was no one there as they had already been let in, still only 7.55, so not sure what time they let people in. Went straight to HP, said 10 minute wait but we went single rider and walked straight on literally twice in a row. Second time we were sat next to each other. There wasn't a single other person in single rider. I felt sick by the end of the second ride so twice is my limit. Then went on little roller coaster and son went on duelling dragons twice while my husband and I went in Olivanders because for first time ever there was no queue, it was a nice little show, the actor was very good.
Then made our way round the rest of the park before coming back to the train to take us to universal studios. Well this was my favourite ride of the day ( although my son disputes it's an actual ride, he is 14!!!) no queue again, I just loved it, can't wait to go back the other way today.
Arrived at Diagon Alley, queue for ride was 90 minutes but as we have already rode didn't bother as going there this morning. Had a lovely lunch in the leaky cauldron. So much better than a Disney counter service restaurant. So organised and food delicious. We had a ploughmans to share, fish and chips and another butter beer..
To be continued!

sounds like diagon alley has done a nice job of drawing away the crowds from the original HP area in IoA...
from the youtube i saw of the train, i have to agree with you...i'm sure that would be my favorite ride!!!!

regarding parking at royal pacific - that seems to be an ongoing problem there..
we stayed there two years ago...we arrived at 1 in the morning...after a full day at WDW, we took what we needed for overnight at RP and drove there after midnight..
i took two rooms for the 6 of us - 3 in each room...

anyway, when i drove up i showed the doorman my handicapped tag - he told me all the handicapped spaces were taken and that all the regular parking spaces were taken too....all that was still available was valet, but that i should tell the front desk that there were no handicapped spaces, so i shouldn't have to pay..

so i gave the car for valet parking..
at the front desk they disputed the 'free' bit, but i gave them a piece of my mind, finally had to resort to raising raise my voice...seriously raising my voice...

in the end, he relented and didn't charge for parking or valet..

other than that, i thought it was a nice hotel...though we just stayed there overnight...we checked out at 1 pm the next day...

So after lunch we wandered around, rode ET, still love that ride then saw Terminator which has the luxury of sitting down in an air conditioned space. After that it was just too hot to continue so we got the boat back to the hotel. My husband wasn't going to stay so we dropped him back at Bonnet Creek and we all went for a swim while we were there. Then son and I drove back again stopping at Toojays on the way for dinner. We love it there, never had a bad meal. I had their shrimp salad and son had beef brisket sandwhich, thats all he ever eats there. Then a huge slice of cheesecake to share. Got back to Universal hotel and went swimming. The pool was way too warm. Really wanted to cool down. Played table tennis until we were exhausted and then went to room and nightly ritual of watching the office. I am completely hooked on that show, laugh out loud moments.
Went to bed hoping it would be cooler in the morning!

So we were at the gates at 7.35 after being really lucky and there being a boat waiting for us, had planned to walk.\
I have desribed what happened next in my post "Rode Gringots twice before 8.15" so wont bore you with the details again except to say it was great.
We had a nice breakfast in the Leaky Cauldron. Its just so civilised in there. We had the pancake breakfast which was more than enough for 2 of us to share. It was $15.99, so a bit pricey, would have preferred the little cheesecake place opposite Despicable Me but wasn't sure if it would be open and we were starving.
Son (who I will refer to as Harry from now onas sounds odd saying son all the time) went on Rip Ride 3 times on the trot using express but dont think it made any difference as no queue but he did get front row. By this time it was exactly 9.10am. Then to Despicable Me and a big queue in normal line so assume everyone was coming in now but we were straight on with express, its a great ride also. The Harry went straight back on Rip Ride, dont know how he does it.
After that he had his photo done with a transformer and we went on the ride, no queue atall. Then both Simpson rides, no queue and we got a good photo with Krusty and Side Show Bob which we haven't got before. Harry loves Simpsons.Then it was time to meet my husband David in the cheesecake restuarant. Was really worried he wouldn't make it as we had booked the shuttle from Bonnet Creek the day before which left at 10am. ALl worked out fine but he said it went round the houses a bit and panicked when he realised he was at Sea World as he thought he had got on the wrong bus! All turned out ok. Was very tempted to have a slice of cheesecake but resisted especially as we still have half a cheesecake from cheesecake factory in the fridge ($16.99 from Target, delicious, will upload photo when I am back in the I Pad)
So then we tried to go on Disaster but it was down so went to Hogwarts Express and rode back to IOA. It was great, the walk through to platform 9 3/4 is amazing, got David on film and looks so cool. David and I agreed that its our favoutie think in Universal and if Harry wasn't with us we would have just rode back and forth a couple of times.
So back to IOA to do all the water rides again, we were soaked but loved it. Was nice to be cool for 5 minutes until we dried off very quickly (will it ever rain?) Then one last go on Dr Doom for Harry and made our way back to hotel to pick up our luggage and car. So a great couple of days, over 40 rides for Harry. Think we got our moneys worth.
On the way back we went to Whole Foods. I thought there was a restaurant in there but there wasn't. However, easily the nicest American supermarket I have been in. Would have spent a fortune but we decided to go to Longhornes for dinner so couldn't have left stuff in the car in this heat, will go back soon though.
Lonhornes was great as always, only lunch menu available but was delicious .
Now back at Bonnet Creek, about to go swimming again. 8 more nights and having such a fantastic holiday as always.

One of the main reasons we didn't like RPR was pool, no sunbeds, they were all full and water too warm, also depth IIRC, no depth to it. Along with shabby room. I won't be returning:rotfl2:

We called in Whole foods last month for the 1st time, nice place but a little pricey. Bought some fruit, it was about double Walmarts' prices. Restaurant/café was in the corner, easily missed, we saw it as we were leaving.

Some Diagon Alley Photos
[URL=http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/Portugal1000/media/imagejpg1-6.jpg.html]

imagejpg6-2.jpg
[/URL] Harry with Krusty and Side Show Bob Our Cheesecake Factory dessert, delicious. Bargain at $16.99

One of the main reasons we didn't like RPR was pool, no sunbeds, they were all full and water too warm, also depth IIRC, no depth to it. Along with shabby room. I won't be returning:rotfl2: We called in Whole foods last month for the 1st time, nice place but a little pricey. Bought some fruit, it was about double Walmarts' prices. Restaurant/café was in the corner, easily missed, we saw it as we were leaving.

Our room was quite nice but compared to BC, nothing to write home about. A quarter of the size for double the price. My husband doesn't even stay, always goes back to BC, he hates small rooms. The pool was packed. It was worth it for us for early entry and express as so busy but wouldn't bother at a quieter time of year.

One of the main reasons we didn't like RPR was pool, no sunbeds, they were all full and water too warm, also depth IIRC, no depth to it. Along with shabby room. I won't be returning:rotfl2:

We called in Whole foods last month for the 1st time, nice place but a little pricey. Bought some fruit, it was about double Walmarts' prices. Restaurant/café was in the corner, easily missed, we saw it as we were leaving.

We have never had a problem with getting sunbeds at the RPR pool and kids prefer it to the HRH pool. Most days we tending to leave USF or IOA after lunch-time and stayed at the pool until tea time.

I do agree about the depth. Probably better for kids and anxious parents.
Though deeper than belly high is not asking for much :rotfl:

At HS now. Very disappointed with Frozen Parade. Glad David and Harry chose to use TS FP while it was on because they would not have been impressed. Have 12.30 singalong tickets so hope that's an improvement.

I feel sorry for anyone with FP issues or hasn't booked them because the queue for the machines in the park is insane. Disney need to sort that out.

HS really does need something new. I hope Disney don't think that the success of Frozen means they can just add a few singalong shows, a parade and then not build anything for another 5 years. I find it unbelievable that they own Star Wars and haven't done anything Star Wars in the park. Now that would be a money maker. They need to take a trip to universal!!

At HS now. Very disappointed with Frozen Parade. Glad David and Harry chose to use TS FP while it was on because they would not have been impressed. Have 12.30 singalong tickets so hope that's an improvement.

I feel sorry for anyone with FP issues or hasn't booked them because the queue for the machines in the park is insane. Disney need to sort that out.

HS really does need something new. I hope Disney don't think that the success of Frozen means they can just add a few singalong shows, a parade and then not build anything for another 5 years. I find it unbelievable that they own Star Wars and haven't done anything Star Wars in the park. Now that would be a money maker. They need to take a trip to universal!!

Loving reading along! BC does look lovely and I would certainly consider it if going again and not staying onsite.

Agreed about FP machines - I am hearing lots of complaints about people trying to get a 4th pass as I believe, atm, you still have to queue at kiosk to obtain (and then, in peak summer, there hasn't been much left - however, this seems to be very park dependent - MK not too bad, HS/Epcot/AK a different story!). Hoping they decide to allow subsequent bookings from your own phone.

Disappointing about the Frozen stuff, but please don't take it the wrong way, if you were a 6 -10 year old, you'd probably love it! I am sure my girls would! I have heard lots of people rave about it, but most have young children.

Agreed about Star Wars but I believe this willl come, how long it takes is anyone's guess :crazy2:. It seems that WDW HS is a lot better than the DLP counterpart which sometimes feels like half a park! :rolleyes:

Looking forward to hearing more - how many days do you have left now? I am really sad and, as we'll be there this time next year, I keep thinking to myself how quickly the days are going in the UK here now, in order to try and compare to how long our holiday will be (we've never done 3 weeks on holiday!). :lmao: I think I need to get out more :rotfl2:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!