Great Table-mate Experiences

Both of our DCL tablemate experiences have been wonderful. Our first on the Dream we were seated with a family of 5 (Mom, dad, grandmother, son our son's age, and a teenage daughter.) They lived in Miami but were originally from Venezuela. The only problem we had was a little bit of a language barrier, as grandmother spoke no English, mom and dad spoke a little, but the children were bilingual and the daughter helped translate. The boys became fast friends. We really enjoyed the family. On the last night, the mom wanted to exchange phone numbers, and I hadn't brought my phone or purse to dinner. She took my number and said she'd txt or call to get mine, but she never did. I would have loved to have kept in touch. This summer on the Wonder we were seated with another family of 3 with a son close in age with our son. My husband and the wife of the other family are both engineers, so there was more in common. The boys once again became instant friends and took off as soon as they scarfed down their dinner, often not waiting around to bother with dessert. We got along very well with the family. On the 4th night, DH and I had Palo reservations for dinner. DS asked us what time and which MDR was dinner in that night, even though we wouldn't be there. He went on to dinner alone (he told us he was a little bit late because he lost track of time) but still made it in time to eat with them. When we went to Shutters to view our pics at end of cruise, there was one of our son with our tablemates (It was Frozen night when we went to Palo). We bought the picture so he could have something to remember them by. We also keep in touch on FB. So far DCL has done an amazing job pairing us, and we so no reason to not let them continue to work their magic. I've even toyed with the idea that if we ever convince my inlaws to go with us, that we make sure we aren't paired as a family at dinner so we can all have the experience of meeting new people.

Last edited:

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter