GRAND OPENING - GRAND CLOSING (Florida)

In order for them to have been contacted, an infected person would have had to have come down with symptoms (no guarantee), gotten tested (no guarantee), gotten results back (no guarantee), AND remembered every place they would have been over the previous two weeks (no guarantee). Did you cousin and wife inform any contact tracers where they had been (in enough detail to track down some random couple)?

I write this because it seems you think someone "dropped the ball" because they weren't notified. While contact tracing, on paper, is a good idea, I don't know how practical it is... especially in a vacation destination like Florida. If that's not what you were trying to say, I apologize.
And to add to that, with a virus so unpredictable that can take anywhere from 2-14 days for symptoms To surface.

You should have kept reading his timeline as he himself later said he was interpreting this incorrectly.

I made no claim of it's accuracy...I merely stated it was statistically improbable. Your inferences are yours alone.

I made no claim of it's accuracy...I merely stated it was statistically improbable. Your inferences are yours alone.

Is that data even correct? Looks like fake news to me. Can you give me a link to the source data? I can't find it that level.

Worth noting that the 132 deaths is also the highest daily total for Florida yet.

Deaths are always a lagging indicator. With the numbers Fl has been seeing, expect that to continue to climb. It's why the hospitals there are yelling to to rootops right now. They know what's coming. The problem is, no one is listening. But I'm sure there must be some reason why we aren't seeing what we're seeing today. My guess is yay! The single day count is down and don't worry about that increase in pop's because they didn't test as many people. That's my bet for the daily excuse.

My gut feeling is that masks and social distancing isn't enough to stop the spread increasing. So regardless of how much these measures slow it, winter is probably gonna be very bad.

The main issue is that there are still too many places people will not be wearing a mask. Indoor restaurants, visiting family/friends/parties, offices etc.

Plus there are a growing number of idiots out there attending "covid parties"!!!!!!!
BUT - to Wiltony's point, these COVID parties are not occurring on Disney property. Disney, the CM's, the guests, any outside vendors, EVERYONE is taking it seriously, everyone is following protocol. If the rest of the state would just follow the lead, the numbers would come down. To your excellent point though, people are not just ignoring DIsney's lead, they are being idiots! The spread is not taking place in any businesses, it is taking place mostly in people's homes. What is any politician supposed to do about that? Why should any business, ESPECIALLY Disney, be punished for the ignorant behavior of someone else that they have no control over?

The whole "Covid Parties" phenomenon is just baffling to me.

Yeah, let's a have a party where we TRY to catch a virus that if it doesn't kill us, it will likely leave us with permanent organ damage, including brain damage, blood clots and possible strokes! That sure sounds like a cracking good time!!

Last week in Phoenix area, around 100 young adults broke into a vacant custom home and threw a party. You can't prevent this.

BUT - to Wiltony's point, these COVID parties are not occurring on Disney property. Disney, the CM's, the guests, any outside vendors, EVERYONE is taking it seriously, everyone is following protocol. If the rest of the state would just follow the lead, the numbers would come down. To your excellent point though, people are not just ignoring DIsney's lead, they are being idiots! The spread is not taking place in any businesses, it is taking place mostly in people's homes. What is any politician supposed to do about that? Why should any business, ESPECIALLY Disney, be punished for the ignorant behavior of someone else that they have no control over?
(bolded by me)

But, where does the index case family member acquire the infection from? Not spontaneously at home.

I won’t speak for any other area, but this is not true in my area. Our biggest outbreaks, outside of LTC/SN have been in businesses, mostly wineries.

There is a family I know, their Daughter plays softball and they are in gulf shores for a tournament. They are posting pictures of the girls on the team all with their arms around each other, hanging out. They will be going to school in a few weeks if we have it, and infecting everyone. It shocks me because the mom is a teacher and the dad is a police officer.

Whether it’s the “fault” of a business or not, they do need to ensure a safe environment for employees and customers. If employees are having family gatherings and becoming infected or if sick customers are coming in, the businesses do have a responsibility to mitigate that. It’s the same as having to close in a snowstorm- true the business is penalized for something out of their control but they have a duty of care to employees and customers. I‘ve also worked at a business that had to shorten hours because older teens/younger adults were coming into the business drunk and causing unsafe conditions. Yes, it wasn‘t fair that we lost business hours and good customers through the actions of a few idiot customers, but the liabilities and again duty of care, meant we had a responsibility to address it.

They aren’t perfect analogies but if it’s not safe for a business to operate- and having sick employees and customers in your place of business is unsafe- a business does have responsibilities (and if they won’t take it, the marketplace eventually will with consumer changes and thats when it gets really costly and when it becomes very hard to recover).

The whole "Covid Parties" phenomenon is just baffling to me.

Yeah, let's a have a party where we TRY to catch a virus that if it doesn't kill us, it will likely leave us with permanent organ damage, including brain damage, blood clots and possible strokes! That sure sounds like a cracking good time!!
It's not really a phenomenon though. Decades ago people did participate in chicken pox parties. I'm in no way comparing the two (chicken pox and coronavirus) but it's not the first time people would have intentionally gathered together in order to catch something. What I think could be worse on an ethical level is that chicken pox parties were really the parents who did this, even though judgement is still poor (and that's putting it very mildly) at least it's the individuals choosing for themselves in this case.

There is so much misinformation in this post. No, not every CM, vendor, and guest is taking this seriously. It's just not realistic to even think that there is 100% protocol compliance. And, spread is absolutely not confined to homes. Any shore town with an outbreak can testify to that. There has been spread reported at many businesses and restaurants. I'm not advocating a lockdown until we get a vaccine, but false statements will never help get the country back to any semblance of economic recovery. People need facts, not wishful thinking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter