Grand Marshalls????

jazyjewel

<font color=6699FF>"Wishing" my way to Florida & m
I have a question... How do you get to be one of the families that is a Grand Marshall? That just seems like such an awesome treat, and I would love to be able to ride in the parade. Thanks!
Julie

I think it's just a luck thing. Although I've heard of Disney asking families with the same Disney shirts and having a good time. I've also heard of them asking a family who weren't wearing the same shirts and in the middle of a "spat" too, so really, it's just a luck thing.

Good luck! I hope you get to be in the parade!

I realize I haven't been often enough to really give any kind of "theory" on this- but what I did notice is that the family usually looked like they belonged together. One time they all (including children and father/mother) had on mickey's ears hats. Another time they all had on matching sweatshirts.
Unless they GAVE them those to wear?
I guess a person going solo has zero chance huh? Unless I can find a family that my clothes match them and hang around with them like they are part of my family?? LOL

That's my next special moment to attain......Through luck and lots of visits we have done other great things....and being Grand Marshall would be really cool....

That's my next special moment to attain......Through luck and lots of visits we have done other great things....and being Grand Marshall would be really cool....

The Hubby and I were their Grand Marshalls on Oct 1st 2001 for their 30th Anniv. We came a few weeks after 911. This is what happened to us.

We had reservations in MGM at Hollywood and Vine for 8:30am on Oct 1 2001 WDW's 30 th Anniv. The Motorcade started car was to be for Regis and Kelly, but most celebs.and media canceled due to 911. When we went to MGM the security would not let us in because of the 911 situation. Anyways husband told them it was for our 30th.anniv. and ours was too on Oct.1st 1971, so they got guest service Jennifer(a sweetie) and they made us their 30th. Oct.1st 1971-2001 just like them. It was a Dream come True and a one in a Million to us. They had us wear wedding hats too..
Chatty Nadine

I was a Grand Marshall on College spring break in 1997. I was with my roomate. The embroidered mouse ears were given to us as a group. My roomate and I were not dressed alike. The whole thing happened so fast. I have pictures, but no video unfortunately. I do still have the certificate they gave us. We weren't randomly picked...but I'd rather not say how we were chosen. Renessa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter