Grand Floridian Studio sleeps 5 !?!

Based on my conversation with my guide, the 5th sleeping space is a pull down from the wall below the TV and the TV is mounted on the wall. It replaces the unit with the drawers that the TV sits on in the other studio configurations. I asked, what to me was the obvious question- where are the drawers? To which she replied, there aren't any. There is one shelf in the closet. Now, assuming they put a pack n play and vaccum in the closet, there will be limited space in there. Really- where do they expect people to put their things?

She also said that with the addition of the second shower, which is a rain shower, some space was lost in the living area. She did say that the queen bed is high enought to store suitcases underneath. Generally, when I am in a studio, I am solo, so I can make this work. I can't imagine having four people, not to mention five (even if three of them are small) in this configuration.

Based on my conversation with my guide, the 5th sleeping space is a pull down from the wall below the TV and the TV is mounted on the wall. It replaces the unit with the drawers that the TV sits on in the other studio configurations. I asked, what to me was the obvious question- where are the drawers? To which she replied, there aren't any. There is one shelf in the closet. Now, assuming they put a pack n play and vaccum in the closet, there will be limited space in there. Really- where do they expect people to put their things?

She also said that with the addition of the second shower, which is a rain shower, some space was lost in the living area. She did say that the queen bed is high enought to store suitcases underneath. Generally, when I am in a studio, I am solo, so I can make this work. I can't imagine having four people, not to mention five (even if three of them are small) in this configuration.

I think many families would give up the drawers to gain a 5th guest and a 2nd shower. That and renting 17 points ($200) a night over $400 plus a night for a GF room, or owning VGF and staying in effect on 17 points of dues ($90).

Has anyone seen the sq ft for the villas yet? I've checked the floor plans and DVC Resource Center but haven't seen it updated.

Thanks.

I thought POR was a trundle underneath.

Maybe the pull out is like the one at Aulani (from the wall unit)

I talked to our guide yesterday, and this is what he told me. He specifically said it's a "murphy" type bed pulldown out of the TV UNIT. So yes, for a small child I would think.

Studios do have two showers, one a shower and one a tub/shower.

I was thinking about a low point contract, but the studios are around 25 pts per night

You can book a studio for 17 points in Adventure season. So depends on when you travel.

I'm now just trying to figure out how many points to buy.

Has anyone seen the sq ft for the villas yet? I've checked the floor plans and DVC Resource Center but haven't seen it updated.

Thanks.

I asked my guide yesterday for that, and he claimed he didn't have it either. So I don't know. That would be interesting to know though.

Drawers or no drawers-Our first GF stay is now a sure thing. When we have spent $400 to $600 plus a night we have always chosen BW/YC/BC/BWI. POLY one time at XMAS because GF was full.

We really like BLT but as recent empty nesters, I can't believe we can stay at VGF for 17 points a night early December or in January to get out of winter. The dining at GF will also make it a great stay.

On BLT dues that's $76 or app $68 plus tax. DBIL is buying so we have a trade available.

I asked my guide yesterday for that, and he claimed he didn't have it either. So I don't know. That would be interesting to know though.

Thanks! We are hoping to switch out for our December trip (along with everyone else!!) and just trying to get a feel for how much smaller, if any, these villas are compared to others.

Thanks.
BillPA posted the villa sizes here. Here is the studio info from that thread:

Deluxe Studios
Sleeps 5 (approx. 374 sq. f t.)
Deluxe Studios feature one queen-size bed, one queen-size sleeper sofa, and one pull-down bunk-size bed perfect for little ones. The kitchen boasts a wet bar, small refrigerator, microwave, and coffeemaker. A full bathroom has a mirror TV and a walk-in master bath shower. There is crown molding and cove ceilings throughout, and a flat-panel TV and Blu-ray" player in the bedroom/living room

ETA: From The DVC Resource thread, here are the reported sizes of the studios at the other DVC resorts:

OKW: 390 sq. ft.
VB: 375 sq.ft.
HH: 455 sq.ft.
BWV: 359 sq. ft.
VWL: 356 sq.ft.
BCV: 356 sq.ft.
SSR: 355 sq.ft.
AKV: 316- 366 sq.ft.
BLT: 339 sq.ft.
GCV: 379
AHV: 356 sq. ft.

Drawers or no drawers-Our first GF stay is now a sure thing. When we have spent $400 to $600 plus a night we have always chosen BW/YC/BC/BWI. POLY one time at XMAS because GF was full.

We really like BLT but as recent empty nesters, I can't believe we can stay at VGF for 17 points a night early December or in January to get out of winter. The dining at GF will also make it a great stay.

On BLT dues that's $76 or app $68 plus tax. DBIL is buying so we have a trade available.

I had to check. In the Disney collection, a GF hotel room with a garden room is 56/64 points a night (weekday/weekend). :o

I had to check. In the Disney collection, a GF hotel room with a garden room is 56/64 points a night (weekday/weekend). :o

I forgot you can stay there on points as well-that isn't bad compared to cash, but the low of 17 is crazy to pass up IMO.

If the Murphy bed is the same size at the POR one, it will be about 5.5' long and about 3' wide.

I think you are right about POR. And VGC also has the pull down bed. Here's a picture of one in a 1BR at Aulani.

file_zpsef453bc4.jpg

To me the real worry will be that the pull down bed wipes out drawer space. And with only one closet in a studio and five people in the room you really need drawer space. Otherwise you are living out of suitcases like we did pre-DVC days.

I'm hoping the beds at VGF are as high as the ones at Aulani because the suitcases could fit under the bed. That would be helpful for a family of five.

I went to see the models the first day they were available for viewing and then went back a second day to specifically see about clothing storage. I was told that the bed that is in the studio is not the same that will be in the actual rooms. The bed that will be there is going to have drawers underneath for clothing storage. I am betting that the drawers will not reach from one side to the other and that there will still be room to put some luggage under the bed. I hope so anyway.

I was also told that the console in the studio, with the mirrored glass, that houses the trundle bed is not what will end up being in the studio, that there were some furnishings representative of what will end up being there.

There is a sign in the models stating that furnishings and colors may change.

It's a tight fit in the studio with the trundle bed pulled down. Someone sleeping on the couch would have to step over the person on the trundle to access the bathroom. Its not a situation I would enjoy for more than a day or two.

It's a tight fit in the studio with the trundle bed pulled down. Someone sleeping on the couch would have to step over the person on the trundle to access the bathroom. Its not a situation I would enjoy for more than a day or two.

5 feet is a long step.

There is about a 1 foot path between the bed and the trundle bed so thin people can fit through a bit when the bed is down. We were also told they have received lots of feedback on the lack of storage space and they are thinking through and working on the issue but they haven't made final decisions. This information came from our guide while we were debating adding on and the storage space was one thing holding us back so I believe he was being honest about them not actually knowing for sure what they were going to do about it but that under bed drawers were one possible option.

I read on another site that the pull-down beds in the model are different from what will be installed in the actual rooms. Anyone heard anything about this in a tour?

There is about a 1 foot path between the bed and the trundle bed so thin people can fit through a bit when the bed is down. We were also told they have received lots of feedback on the lack of storage space and they are thinking through and working on the issue but they haven't made final decisions. This information came from our guide while we were debating adding on and the storage space was one thing holding us back so I believe he was being honest about them not actually knowing for sure what they were going to do about it but that under bed drawers were one possible option.

The pictures of the models look beautiful, and I want to like it but:
1) No drawers in the studio to unpack your clothes? They just thought about it after people complained? Wow, that's strange.

2) Higher points than BLT and no second bathroom in the 1-bedroom.

3) Higher points than BLT, but further from the monorail and MK.

All these things are not good for me....I guess it's good there are several reasons I don't want to stay/buy there. I don't need to spend more money on points. :thumbsup2

The pictures of the models look beautiful, and I want to like it but:
1) No drawers in the studio to unpack your clothes? They just thought about it after people complained? Wow, that's strange. ...

Can you say, BLT studio bathroom sink? Big darned faux pas. And it cost them to fix it.

Can you say, BLT studio bathroom sink? Big darned faux pas. And it cost them to fix it.

So true... you would think the people who design these are professionals with lots of design experience. Also, you would think they would do some sort of market research on their designs to make sure they will be acceptable to the customers. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter