Grand Floridian Studio sleeps 5 !?!

I don't see 4 showers in a 2BR...there is only 2 bathrooms (no extra like BLT/Kidani)
I guess 4 people can bathe:
whirlpool tub, master shower, studio shower, and studio tub/shower

Yea that makes sense, a whirlpool wouldn't have a shower head.

On the point charts, studio says "sleeps up to 5"

If the Studio is true, that's going to be the most affordable accommodations for a family of 5

Actually kind of amazing this will be the fewest point stays for 5.

UGH! So not big enough for anyone other than a child/tween. Very disappointing. :sad2:
It seems like a big help to families of five where the youngest is three or older but still small enough to fit on this new bed. In other resorts they would have to move up to a 1BR. At VGF, they could continue to book a studio for a few more years until the youngest outgrows that bed.

It seems like a big help to families of five where the youngest is three or older but still small enough to fit on this new bed. In other resorts they would have to move up to a 1BR. At VGF, they could continue to book a studio for a few more years until the youngest outgrows that bed.

It's hard to imagine putting five people in a studio unless at least one or three are children. I like the fact that Disney is trying something new to accommodate families with three children without requiring they book a one bedroom. Or in our case, a family with 2 young children and a DG who lives outside Orlando who can stay with the kids while DH and DW close down the MK at 2:00am :dancer:

As stated the media room in the GV can't be classified as a bedroom due to the lack of closet but it does have a sleeper sofa and can be closed off.

It's hard to imagine putting five people in a studio unless at least one or three are children. I like the fact that Disney is trying something new to accommodate families with three children without requiring they book a one bedroom.

Actually its just the same as rooms at GF (and BWI/POLY/BC/YC) except with an extra shower. :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2

My guide told me that the studio room isn't much if any bigger but uses the space better. ;)

It will have a queen bed, queen sleeper and a twin pullout from the wall/dresser. There are 2 showers but one is a rainshower. (still pretty cool)

I think I have DH convinced to buy in at 25pts. That's all we really need anyway since it would be an every 2 or 3 year trip in that resort. We prefer to be closer to Epcot right now.

I was thinking about a low point contract, but the studios are around 25 pts per night. So, even with banking and borrowing, that is only a 3 night stay. Maybe for a split stay? Hmmm...

DOH! I was thinking about a 1BR having the pull down instead of the sleeper chair not the studios. Yeah, I can't even begin to imagine putting 5 in a studio.

From the photos I've seen of the 1BR, it appears as if it should have been able to accommodate the sleeper chair. Oh well.

I thought POR was a trundle underneath.

Maybe the pull out is like the one at Aulani (from the wall unit)

I think you are right about POR. And VGC also has the pull down bed. Here's a picture of one in a 1BR at Aulani.

file_zpsef453bc4.jpg

To me the real worry will be that the pull down bed wipes out drawer space. And with only one closet in a studio and five people in the room you really need drawer space. Otherwise you are living out of suitcases like we did pre-DVC days.

I'm hoping the beds at VGF are as high as the ones at Aulani because the suitcases could fit under the bed. That would be helpful for a family of five.

I think you are right about POR. And VGC also has the pull down bed. Here's a picture of one in a 1BR at Aulani.

file_zpsef453bc4.jpg

To me the real worry will be that the pull down bed wipes out drawer space. And with only one closet in a studio and five people in the room you really need drawer space. Otherwise you are living out of suitcases like we did pre-DVC days.

I'm hoping the beds at VGF are as high as the ones at Aulani because the suitcases could fit under the bed. That would be helpful for a family of five.

POR now has pull down beds. We were just there in April :thumbsup2

I agree. The studios in Jambo House at AKV have this problem to some degree because they store the pack'n'play in the lower part of the dresser. Even with just two of us in one of those studios, there wasn't much drawer space. This will be worse unless they provide a set of storage drawers elsewhere in the studio.

I can't even begin to imagine putting 5 in a studio.

I can imagine it esp 3 young kids like 4,6,8, even over the GF/POLY/BC/YC/BWI which all offer it-because of the 2 showers and the kitchenette.

I helped set up my family in a 1BR with 3 young kids and they kept checking on them in the next room.

Does anyone know when we can start booking vacations at VGF? And when is it opening?

I just saw on another thread:
"Villas at Grand Floridian owners will have an 11-month home resort priority booking window and can start booking reservations as early as May 23.

Booking (for non-owners) begins 6/23/13
Using a 4 month window for stays beginning on 10/23-12/31/13
using a 7 month window for stays beginning 1/1/14 and forward

Opening day is 10/23/13

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter