Grand Floridian Studio sleeps 5 !?!

hakepb

DIS Veteran
On the point charts, studio says "sleeps up to 5"
And it also says "Three Bedroom Grand villa" which differs from the floor plans.

If the Studio is true, that's going to be the most affordable accommodations for a family of 5

(I got point charts by going to the old pricing link my guide sent during a webcast)

Th Grand villa is only a "3 bedroom", but has a 4th room with beds in it called a media room. It could not be called a bedroom because it does not have a closet

Th Grand villa is only a "3 bedroom", but has a 4th room with beds in it called a media room. It could not be called a bedroom because it does not have a closet

It still sleeps 12. So, instead of 2 people in the living room on a sleeper sofa, they can have a "room".

My guide told me that the studio room isn't much if any bigger but uses the space better. ;)

It will have a queen bed, queen sleeper and a twin pullout from the wall/dresser. There are 2 showers but one is a rainshower. (still pretty cool)

I think I have DH convinced to buy in at 25pts. That's all we really need anyway since it would be an every 2 or 3 year trip in that resort. We prefer to be closer to Epcot right now.

Here are the number of villas (smallest resort yet): Edit to add: Oops, VGC is smaller with 71 or something like that.

100 (max 147)
Dedicated Studio: 0
Dedicated One Bedroom: 0
Dedicated Two Bedroom: 47
Lockoff Two Bedroom: 47
(Each can be booked separately as One Bedroom + Studio)
Three Bedroom Grand Villa: 6

My guide told me that the studio room isn't much if any bigger but uses the space better. ;)

It will have a queen bed, queen sleeper and a twin pullout from the wall/dresser. There are 2 showers but one is a rainshower. (still pretty cool)

I think I have DH convinced to buy in at 25pts. That's all we really need anyway since it would be an every 2 or 3 year trip in that resort. We prefer to be closer to Epcot right now.

2 showers-sweet for those of us with "girls". :thumbsup2

2 showers-sweet for those of us with "girls". :thumbsup2
2 actual showers or just 2 different shower heads in the same shower like the shower in the master bedroom of the BLT 1 bedrooms?

It would surprise me if there were two actual showers in a studio.

2 actual showers or just 2 different shower heads in the same shower like the shower in the master bedroom of the BLT 1 bedrooms?

It would surprise me if there were two actual showers in a studio.

I thought the initial Orange County paperwork floor plans showed a tub w/shower and a stand alone shower.

Here are the number of villas (smallest resort yet):

100 (max 147)
Dedicated Studio: 0
Dedicated One Bedroom: 0
Dedicated Two Bedroom: 47
Lockoff Two Bedroom: 47
(Each can be booked separately as One Bedroom + Studio)
Three Bedroom Grand Villa: 6

Smallest WDW DVC resort yet.

Smallest WDW DVC resort yet.

Smallest WDW but VGC is smaller overall. Rumor was that they built the hotel rooms in the new wing to be easily converted but doesn't look like it's in the plan.

VGC - 0 Dedicated Studios - 0 Dedicated 1BR villas - 23 Dedicated 2BR villas - 23 Lockoffs - 2 Grand Villas = 48 Units / 71 Max. Available Rooms

Yes, the studios have a divided bathroom. There is a tub/shower in one part and what looks like a shower stall in the other. Check out the posts on page nine of this thread for the discussion and floor plan: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3083040&page=9

Good to hear it has been confirmed!

Nice, so studios for sure sleep 5 and have 2 showers?

Also, does that floor plan show 4 showers in that 2BR drawing?

Nice, so studios for sure sleep 5 and have 2 showers?

Also, does that floor plan show 4 showers in that 2BR drawing?

I don't see 4 showers in a 2BR...there is only 2 bathrooms (no extra like BLT/Kidani)
I guess 4 people can bathe:
whirlpool tub, master shower, studio shower, and studio tub/shower

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter