Grand Californian

They ask you for the make/model of your car when you check in. You have to write it down on the form you sign.

They ask you for the make/model of your car when you check in. You have to write it down on the form you sign.
We have never been asked for make/model at any Disney Resort hotel.

However, they do put a tag on your car when you pull onto the valet drive. And when you pull into self park, they note the room info. When we have stayed and had 2 cars, we have been charged for 2 cars.

Fitness Center is 6am-10p. No power walk yet.
Thanks for answering my question.
6am was plenty early enough for me, but just for reference for others, there were no posted hours on the door and you used your room key to open the door. When I arrived at 6am every day there were multiple people already well into their workouts..... so I think it's basically 24/7.

Thanks for answering my question.
6am was plenty early enough for me, but just for reference for others, there were no posted hours on the door and you used your room key to open the door. When I arrived at 6am every day there were multiple people already well into their workouts..... so I think it's basically 24/7.
Good to know. When we were there June 3-7, the times on the door were 6am-10p (and there was 1 lone weight....). I did notice Sunday there was no sign.

I tried to read the last 10 pages or so and didn't see this answered. Can kids wear life jackets down the slides at the pool? I really want my son to try the big one, but there's no way he will without a life jacket.

Last edited:
I tired to read the last 10 pages or so and didn't see this answered. Can kids wear life jackets down the slides at the pool? I really want my son to try the big one, but there's no way he will without a life jacket.
Yes! I saw several kids doing this during our visit. You most likely have to use one of the life jackets they have on hand. There were people in line for the slide that were told they couldn't use their ones from home. But they had plenty of kids sizes to use (you can grab them before going up the slide).

I tried to read the last 10 pages or so and didn't see this answered. Can kids wear life jackets down the slides at the pool? I really want my son to try the big one, but there's no way he will without a life jacket.
Yes when you get your bands they will ask if you want life jackets for your kids. My little girl always wears one.

Questions for anyone who has been recently:
1. Do you have to reserve a spot to use the pool and/or hot tub? Also, is hot tub actually hot? Last time at DLH hot tub the water was lukewarm....
2. Does the line to get into DCA from the hotel move fairly quickly?

Questions for anyone who has been recently:
1. Do you have to reserve a spot to use the pool and/or hot tub? Also, is hot tub actually hot? Last time at DLH hot tub the water was lukewarm....
2. Does the line to get into DCA from the hotel move fairly quickly?

1. No. They weren't limiting anything at the pool when we were there June 20-24. We visited in the afternoon/evenings and were given a wrist band upon entering one day.

Both hot tubs were nice and toasty.

2. It seemed to move quickly. We were trying to enter early but not stand in line and by the time we got there on our DCA day the line was gone (Probably just after 8:30).

We have never been asked for make/model at any Disney Resort hotel.

However, they do put a tag on your car when you pull onto the valet drive. And when you pull into self park, they note the room info. When we have stayed and had 2 cars, we have been charged for 2 cars.
We are Dvc so it is free, but my experience is you push your room key to get in and out.

A couple questions:

What are the current pool hours?

DVCs at WDW sell food for the kitchens like eggs, cheese, milk, bread, etc. Do they sell food like this in the gift shop at GCH?

A couple questions:

What are the current pool hours?

DVCs at WDW sell food for the kitchens like eggs, cheese, milk, bread, etc. Do they sell food like this in the gift shop at GCH?

I recall seeing all those items at white water snacks. Eggs, cheese, cold cuts, bacon, bread and I bought a half gallon milk.

Dobt know the current pool hours but remember being 8am-9pm but the slides close way earlier like at 6 or 7

Pulled the trigger on my first GCV stay this weekend , July 8th - July 10th. Was able to secure a confirmed reservation so staying 2 nights in a studio.
This hotel has been on my bucket list so really excited as it's my birthday weekend too !
Doing 2 park days , Thursday July 8th starting in DL and Friday July 9th starting in DCA with parkhoppers.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what they’ve done with the space that was Pinocchio’s workshop? Thanks!

Does anyone know what they’ve done with the space that was Pinocchio’s workshop? Thanks!
That space is now the Fitness Center. Next door, the prior fitness center location is now a DVC sales location.
The original fitness center location next to the DCA entrance has been unused, but perhaps will be part of the renovated Spa (when it eventually opens)

That space is now the Fitness Center. Next door, the prior fitness center location is now a DVC sales location.
The original fitness center location next to the DCA entrance has been unused, but perhaps will be part of the renovated Spa (when it eventually opens)
Aaaahhhh!! Thanks for the response! You are always on top of things!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter