Grand Californian Super Thread

We just came back on Sunday. Our room (4514) had a pretty decent view of the pool bar construction, and they were working like crazy every day. By the time we left, it was looking pretty good! We were joking it would open Monday. :) but apparently it didn't!!!

It looks like new gates have been installed near the spa area, and near White Water Snacks, does anyone know why? TIA😊

It looked like they were working on plumbing of some sort when we were there last week. They had the ground tore up from the bathrooms out and covered with plywood to walk over.

Craftsman Bar sign:

June 21:

June 25:

Furniture and lighting:
It looks like new gates have been installed near the spa area, and near White Water Snacks, does anyone know why? TIA😊
Just guessing, but it seems these gate will make the walkway leading to Whitewater Snacks part of the gated pool area.
More changes are likely after the spa closes permanently on July 10.

Gate near Whitewater Snacks:

Gate near DCA entrance:

Craftsman Bar sign:
View attachment 412380

June 21:
View attachment 412381

June 25:
View attachment 412382

Furniture and lighting:
View attachment 412384

Just guessing, but it seems these gate will make the walkway leading to Whitewater Snacks part of the gated pool area.

View attachment 412378

Gate near DCA entrance:
View attachment 412379
Man the roofs need to be cleaned.

Does anyone know if the fitness room is also closing along with the spa? Will the saunas, etc. be gone? Thanks!

Does anyone know if the fitness room is also closing along with the spa? Will the saunas, etc. be gone?
The fitness room adjacent to the spa moved to near the DVC wing (opposite side of the pool area).
Initially moved to the former arcade, then moved and expanded into the former Pinocchio Workshop (daycare).
The spa closure has been widely reported, but Disney has not made an official announcement.

Perhaps the the space will be renovated and rebranded as a “Senses”, the spas owned and operated by Disney at WDW

Craftsman Bar sign:
View attachment 412380

June 21:
View attachment 412381

June 25:
View attachment 412382

Furniture and lighting:
View attachment 412384

View attachment 412378

Gate near DCA entrance:
View attachment 412379
Thank you so much for posting these! We stayed one night two weeks ago and they weren’t nearly this far along from what I could see. I’m optimistic the pool bar will be completed by our next stay at the end of July.

Love this hotel! We normally stay here every July, but this year we decided to make our stay in November :) Question.. for the last two years the front of the hotel has been under construction.. green walls.. weird little walk-ways.. tarps...is that finally finished? I know other parts of the hotel are under construction, I am just taking about the main entrance. Our last stay at the GCH was in July 2018 so it's basically been a year. I ask because on both our July 2017 and July 2018 stays we encountered the same main entrance construction. In 2017 we for sure thought it would be finished by the following year, but nope. So now the question is.. is it done now that it's been over two years?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter