Grand Californian Super Thread

• cdatkins

Mouseketeer
    I think my wife and daughter will be some of the last, paying customers at the spa. They are getting in early next week before it closes.

Zooey

Mouseketeer
    Looks like the Craftsman Bar is opening next week and maybe as early as tomorrow. Looks super nice and I dig the menu.

• Nonsuch

DIS Veteran
    Looks like the Craftsman Bar is opening next week and maybe as early as tomorrow. Looks super nice and I dig the menu.
    According to WDW NT, soft opening tomorrow (links not allowed)

Another article, notes that White Water Snacks will be renamed Craftsman Grille

Chause

Earning My Ears
    What are the usual summer hours for the pools? The website doesn’t list any times, just that it’s dependent on the season and weather.

• Castillo Mom

DIS Veteran
    I just had a thought. Since this is a poolside bar, I’m wondering if it’ll only be accessible to hotel guests.

ETA: I stand corrected. WD NT is reporting that it’ll be open to non hotel guests. They also have the full menu posted.

Last edited:

cpster

Mouseketeer
    The new pool bar looks great but I worry that it will add to the limited pool chair situation. I hope there’s a gate between the pool and the bar.

Nonsuch

DIS Veteran

gardengirl2790

Mouseketeer
    The official announcement:

Bar seating goes down onto the pool deck:
    View attachment 414131
    I’m so sad about this. There already wasn’t enough poolside seating for hotel guests. I guess Disney just wants you to reserve a cabana if you want to use the pool. We will have to stay somewhere else from now. ☹

MrsD.Duck

Mouseketeer
    I’m so sad about this. There already wasn’t enough poolside seating for hotel guests. I guess Disney just wants you to reserve a cabana if you want to use the pool. We will have to stay somewhere else from now. ☹
    Lack of seating around the pool is why we never use it when we stay there. Was hoping to relax there this trip but looks like we will just chill in our room like we normally do.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.