• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Californian Super Thread

Whew!

I just got done reading this whole thing! Thank God I caught up with the VGC Owners thread when it was only 120 pages!

I've stayed twice in the last month and many may have seen some of these pictures before, but I thought they might be appreciated here;

Studio Villa

IMG_2806.jpg

IMG_2805.jpg

IMG_2808.jpg

IMG_2809.jpg

IMG_2813.jpg

IMG_2811.jpg

View from room 6504

IMG_2814.jpg

View from room 2504

IMG_1845.jpg

View from DVC Platform

IMG_1861.jpg

WoC from 6504

IMG_2923.jpg

IMG_2909.jpg

BBQ & Patio Area

IMG_1856.jpg

IMG_1854.jpg

IMG_1855.jpg

Stayed in a room in the new wing (room 5252) 5/7-5/9 with a great theme park view of Mulholland Madness. I'm a convert now. The room was spectacular. Except for the noisy neighbors who seeminly had a bit of a social gathering at 11pm and thin walls, the sliding glass doors keep the outside noise out.

It was a bit of a hike to the GCA and DTD entrance, but we didn't mind.

The staff was wonderful and presented DS with a balloon and coloring book at checkin.

Commenting on the coffee questions... the coffee in room is adequate, though the coffee at Whitewater Snacks is just a step above that. DS loved their mini Mickey waffles (took back to room as incentive for him to WAKE UP). :-)

Aloha!

Stayed in a room in the new wing (room 5252) 5/7-5/9 with a great theme park view of Mulholland Madness. I'm a convert now. The room was spectacular. Except for the noisy neighbors who seeminly had a bit of a social gathering at 11pm and thin walls, the sliding glass doors keep the outside noise out.

It was a bit of a hike to the GCA and DTD entrance, but we didn't mind.

The staff was wonderful and presented DS with a balloon and coloring book at checkin.

Commenting on the coffee questions... the coffee in room is adequate, though the coffee at Whitewater Snacks is just a step above that. DS loved their mini Mickey waffles (took back to room as incentive for him to WAKE UP). :-)

Aloha!

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay!

I really do not think we will. DGF has gotten very spoiled, so we work to save for the GCH/GCV.

Jack

Talk about spoiked just wait until your DVC stay Jack.:lmao:

You are probably right, but not so much me but the DGF and the two youngest are getting where as we moved up in our lodging choices.

Thank God that summer may be here in the Columbia basin!

Jack

How many studios and 1 bedrooms are there at GCV?

Do they all have park views?

I'm sure the info I want is some where but I've looked and can't find it-sorry!

How many studios and 1 bedrooms are there at GCV?

Do they all have park views?

I'm sure the info I want is some where but I've looked and can't find it-sorry!

Actually all the info is in this thread. There are 50 total units of the 3 types, but do not remember the breakdown.

Jack

Here is a bump and some more pictures from last year when we walked through the hotel.

IMG_3324.jpg

Look at the floor pattern from carpet to tile
IMG_3325.jpg

IMG_3328.jpg

Front door
IMG_3329.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter